Lynchfags will actually defend the "16 year old girl that did acid for the first time last weekend" tier edge that is...

Lynchfags will actually defend the "16 year old girl that did acid for the first time last weekend" tier edge that is the modern David Lynch.
Explain yourselves

Besides the dead DJs and mechanic what else was edgy?

Whoa, tweet so old it got a sepia tone #whoa

>burger joint
anyone who says this is a fucking HIPPY

What do normals call it?

Fast food restaurant.

restaurant
if you NEED to emphasize burger
"burger place"

samefag
also have you watched the abstract nonsense and filler that Twin peaks has become?
>inb4 "art"
>inb4 just switch off your mind bro
>inb4 dude just don't have an opinion lmao
theres nothing artsy about a shitty looking cgi tree, art students first photoshop heavy portrait "art" on the walls and talking in reverse.
Pretentious- "style over substance"
this is whats become of Twin Peaks and heck even the style part isn't that good anymore

N****r!

>I can't enjoy things because other people enjoy them

Is this what you're saying?

you must not have seen the show

>the "16 year old girl that did acid for the first time last weekend" tier edge
The what now?

no im making a criticism about a director who's works ive previously watched in order to hear other peoples opinions because I like "discussion" as opposed to the safety of circle jerks which I assume you would like.

>Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee you don't like what i like, w-well you mustn't have watched it!!
nice "argument Lynchfag

wasn't that always his schtick?

>joint

What did he mean by this?

a joint is a movie made by spike lee, the graph is wrong

Regardless of all that it's still compelling, and the stuff he's trying to portray, at least in the last episode of twin peaks but even in other work, is metaphysical stuff that defies comprehension. The black lodge doesn't make sense, it's not supposed to be incredibly artistic and weird, they're demons in an invisible world, they're just from a place that's weird as hell. This season of twin peaks is largely about the red room and coop escaping it and everything that that involves. For as weird and nonsensical as twin peaks can get it's pretty straight forward, don't take a genius to figure that out

You are not the arbiter of real art. Just because you don't get anything from it doesn't mean that other people don't. Get over yourself.

L Y N C H E D

well put, but I just think he's failed in his portrayal of the "weird" and incomprehension of the lodge and coops escape by trying too hard to make it weird, whereas it was a subtlety introduced aspect in the original it feels too in your face and forced which is kind of a cop out in a way, because its a far easier (and lazier) way for him to portray coops escape then trying to merge the weirdness of the lodge alongside the blandness of reality.

can you actually discuss instead of argue or are you still 14?

It's pretty in your face because so much shit is rooted there this season. I think that what we saw of the lodge in seasons 1 and 2 were just the tip of the iceburg, I mean the red room is literally just the waiting room, and since this season digs into the lodges background more it justifies the more weird, less compromising with reality/conventional storytelling. I personally don't mind it but can definitely see why someone might have an argument against me. I also think that if we ever actually get the story to take place in twin peaks it'll calm down from all the aeutur stuff, which I would be totally fine with, I'm all about experimenting but those old twin peaks episodes had an absurdly comfy tone that this doesn't have and I miss

Have you watched it though? Sounds like you've dismissed it based on one impression.

Does he not portray reality though? The majority of the return so far has been set in the "real" world and without direct paranormal influence

I haven't dismissed it based on one viewing, though that brings up another area where I think Lynch failed because what "vibe" you pick up off the season to date could be summed up from one viewing, little new or compelling concepts have been explored its simply stuck with the tried "quirky for the sake of quirky" feeling, which contrary to being innovative or daring like some have said just feels somewhat unexciting, tedious and "safe".

yeah I suppose the absurdly comfy tone of the original Twin peaks gives me a bias over the current goings of the show, but even then as I said earlier I feel like Lynch has actually failed to explore any particularly worthwhile or exciting new ground, whereas previous Lynch efforts dabbled in the weird and abstract they felt more worthwhile as a one off "piece" whereas I feel like that style has really struggled to translate into what will be 18 hours of piecemeal television in a way thats engaging/worthwhile versus good old comfy Twin peaks.