Streets of Fire

I just watched this and loved it. Has anyone seen it? What do you think tv?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IuSrPrJyz1k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Makes me wish Rick Moranis had less typecasted roles because he was great being an asshole in this. Guy clearly had a lot of talent as an actor that rarely got utilized before he retired I hope he makes a comeback someday.

Well his kids are grown up so he can presumably do whatever he wants now. He'd be great with someone like Wes Anderson, and its a pity David Lynch never got him.

>What do you think tv?
>tfw no prime Diane Lane gf

Walter Hill was the fucking man back in the day. Also, Diane Lane is a 10/10 in this.

They wanted Daryl Hannah for this. A bad idea I think.

Prime Diane Lane. Also pretty sure seeing this is a kid was one of the main reasons I got into rockabilly.

10/10 soundtrack. I Can Dream About You is probably my favorite song ever.

I think you misspelled Nowhere Fast, user

TONIGHT

IS

WHAT

IT

MEANS

TO

BE

YOUNG

Now THAT'S a kino poster

great Springsteen song

youtube.com/watch?v=IuSrPrJyz1k

Tom Cody is one of the most underrated badasses in film.

What the fuck happened to Michael Pare? His career just seems full of trash after Streets of Fire.

I think people accuse him of flaming out with this. He'd never done a movie as big as this before and it's not exactly a Tom Cruise performance or whatever. He's basically a live action Squall Leonhart in some parts, which is isolating even if its GOOD.

Supposedly he was kind of a dick on set, and that will kill your career almost immediately. Same thing happened to Michael Biehn.

>awkward as fuck male lead
>most predictable romantic subplot ever
>supposed badasses never do anything actually badass
>laughable biker gang
>sledgehammer duel shot like a sword one
>the whole "getting outta factory district" part lacked any kind of tension

I will never understand why people fellate this pile of shit so much. If it wasn't for Rick Moranis and the opening song this flick would've been 0/10.

This is all true. It is also all irrelevant.

>supposed badasses never do anything badass

Blowing up half a dozen motorcycles with a shotgun isn't badass?

Not really. If anything it was cartoonish since the badass army man Tom Cody never actually used guns they've spent a whole scene showing off for their primary purpose.

>sledgehammer duel shot like a sword one
They were pickaxes and that fight was awesome.

A majority of Walter Hill movies are worth checking out. Go watch Extreme Prejudice with Nick Notle, powers Boothe, Clancy brown, Micheal Ironside,William Forsythe, Rip Torn,the gay black guy from revenge of the nerds, and the Beaner chick from Total Recall... If that cast doesn't do it for you I don't know what will.