SFP

I don't understand. Is this a parody or the author think this shit is for some reason serious and not completely ridiculous?

The author's a retard.

>Half the discussions in those groups are about what they can't say because it might hurt someone's feelings
HOW PROGRESSIVE

EMOTION-BASED CENSORSHIP

Obvious parody. You can tell by how OTT elaborately it imitates the kind of language SJWs would use. If you've seen far too much of this shit happen between real people who were being completely serious, this comic is pretty lulzy.

Poe's law. It has now become impossible to distinguish satire from the real thing.

That must be some sort of critical point for a society. Like Caligula. "So. Wait. Did he actually do that, or did they make that up??"

It's fun how the insensitive is the orange girl made of stone plates for bringing up that being totally hot but green and whining about it while all the others have various sort of horrible deformity it's a little bullshit.

But what is this, anyway? What's the name?

It seems kinda funny regardless.

>I don't understand. Is this a parody or the author think this shit is for some reason serious and not completely ridiculous?

I think he's self-aware about what he's writing. Strong Female Protagonist is supposed to show a 20-something girl trying to figure out what sort of morality and philosophy a superhero should have in a complex world. Part of that is figuring out how much she should be expected to accommodate people who are very, very sensitive.

Earlier in the chapter she was already shouted off-stage by someone upset that she was a keynote speaker for a conference of weird-looking mutants. The friend she was with had to run off to "put out some fires" regarding people who were triggered by having to hang out with the other gender. I suspect this whole thing is going to be a trainwreck and she'll leave with the realization that she was the only Strong Female Protagonist in that entire room.

Reading this makes me wanna kill myself

vanessa is best girl

>people who were triggered by having to hang out with the other gender

WHAT

>No body is the wrong body
BITCH WHAT IF I WAS AN ETHEREAL ENTITY WITHOUT A FILTHY SHELL OF FLESH AND BONES

ARE YOU SAYING I DON'T MATTER BECAUSE I HAVE NO PHYSICAL BODY

TRIGGERED AS FUCK

Why do I get the feeling this segment would be better in a comic like The Tick?

Yes, that's exactly what is being said next. The page in the OP is the next one.

Holy shit this comic is very special in variety of ways.

Don't feel bad. Darwin makes short work of such abominations.

>Holy shit this comic is very special in variety of ways.
I think it's actually pretty good. It shows a lot of different concepts of right and wrong without ever really saying "look how wrong these idiots are". It's hard to judge the author's overall positions from the writing, and I enjoy that. These last few pages are probably the closest it's gotten to strawmanning anyone.

The weak shall perish.

>the other gender

What do you mean, "the"?

>Thinking you can change the world

Ah, to be young and naive like that...

What it called?

Knowing this comic - this is not a parody. This is meant to be taken at face value.

Strong Female Protagonist

I don't know this comic, but having the robot thing be triggered by the word "body" seems like an obvious joke to me.

No, trust me, it's meant to be taken at face value. This is a comic that encouraged killing people accussed of rape.

You'd think that, but you'd be wrong

...ah

This stuff does actually look kind of interesting. I mean, the way Tumblr identity politics translate to a superhero setting is kind of ridiculous, and armour-plated lady over there definitely has a point. I like her already.

But I'm not willing to sit through the entire comic. I tried reading the first few pages, but it was fucking terrible. Plus, I've gotten too old to be able to identify with the first world problems of overemotional college students. When your concerns start to shift to "will I have a job" and "I want to move out of this shithole" identity politics became that much more laughable.

This can't be for real. I'm calling Poe's Law.

3 eyed girl is cute tho

What's most hilarious about it is the design of the "device".

It's so intentionally retarded with the little ineffectual claw crane hands and No-Terrain wheels I'm only left to conclude whoever invented and sold it did so only in the hopes of offending the user. It serves no other function.

The rock chick talks about not being able to afford clothes so I can assume expenses are still an issue in a world with freaks, so sure I imagine not everyone can afford something out of Tony Stark's wardrobe, but that design tho? That's some 1950's Sci-Fi shit.

How you going to show up looking like R2-D2? If any of these people really cared about each other they'd skip expenses on jewelry, what does niece of Sammael out of Hellboy need a gold chain for anyhow, and chairs, especially when one of them seems just fine sitting on the floor, and buy this bitch a modded sex-doll in a wheel chair so it doesn't look like someone brought a slush machine.

It's like how the X-Men know every super scientist, inventor and biological or technological manipulator you can think of and have people on their team coming back from the dead looking prettier than ever every few months but where's Julian's hands? Shit, where's Martha's body?

thx

> Why did you say that name?

Getting to this page absolutely makes me throw any semblance of taking this comic seriously into the trash. I feel all the suffering of reading to this point is now worth it because it's finally become a self aware joke.

I've always sort of felt that this series was quite self critical. During much of chapter 5 the writers seemed to be getting at this idea that when people start white knighting that ultimately justice is not served.
This is an observation I made based off the the idea that the main character is sort of the pantheon of morality in the story, however she is also subject to the same criticism of her peers. She ultimately is capable of change, and her agenda is based more off her need to help people, and not her pursuit of justice. When she has sought justice in other chapters, people have wound up injured or killed.

Furnace was the only not - completely - terrible thing about this comic

It's weird because for the first 2 or 3 chapters SFP was a pretty solid comic, albeit one that would still trigger Sup Forums. But ever since that fire guy/invisible rape avenger chapter it's been pretty bad. I think it badly needs an editor - it's the writing that's the real problem here. Despite the fact the artist is the one who moved halfway across the country with her boyfriend then immediately ditched him and shacked up with Noelle Stevenson, the Lumberjanes author.

I'd like to hear more from the giant orange lady

Vanessa throwing out the harsh truths about green babes there.

I get the impression that that super has a different form outside the device, which looks like it opens up, but may be vulnerable as a vapor/liquid to contamination or possibly dangerous?

If I had to call it now, that will split up at some point this chapter and she'll be a totally amazing looking blue sparkly thing. Maybe the MC will see that because she's immune to the damage it could cause.

The invisible slasher chapter was unbearable.

In what way?

It went on for so long and went through some bizarre narrative twists to soapbox. Even the action scenes failed.

Yeah, I agree that the narrative was a little difficult to pinpoint, and the stance of the story seemed a little ambiguous. I just personally don't feel that necessary detracts from the general story. Now that I think about it though, it doesn't really add too much to the story, and if omitted the story would essentially be the same.

>it's an "Allison locks horn with someone telling her she's shit, then is vindicated by the person turning out to be an asshole, then goes back to moping about how she can't solve every problem ever" chapter

Three-way Allison team-up with K6BD and It Hurts!! when?

Why would you want this associated with good things?

I wonder if Patrick is seriously written out of the comic now. That strange fight happened so suddenly and I can't tell if this was a set up for something or if the author just decided she didn't want to deal with him anymore.

I'm of two minds regarding this comic.
on one hand I like the bits of world building this comic has and I do think this is the sort of stuff that could happen if superpowers showed up today, whether we like it or not.
on the other most of the characters are unlikeable and the events in it are so damn boring I only keep reading out of having nothing better to do.

>encouraged
>because the ranting one-off character that later tried to kill the protagonist espoused it

I think you're the type of hysterical reactionary that you think you're fighting.

I think most characters are SUPPOSED being unlikeable

Remember: she has still failed her ethics class, and she hasn't even understood what her professor did mean when called her tyrannical-

Identity is pretty much in the background. In fact this is the first time in years since its been brought to the forefront.

Otherwise its her dealing day to day with her place in the world as the world's superman.

She'd just talk about her trip down a hole.

So how full of shit is Patrick, really?

Our heroine let a telepathic supervillain go because he told her an invisible conspiracy had killed children before they got powers that could help solve world problems? How would he even know that? Why is Allison so fucking gullible?

>How would he even know that? Why is Allison so fucking gullible?
He can read minds. Or he really can mind control people in deviously clever ways.

He's a mind reader. He basically showed a self centered spoiled brat that acted like she was the center of the universe that she's only alive because she wasn't actually important enough to matter to anything. That's a bit of a mindfuck.
Plus he's good at manipulation since he's been practicing that for years.