I don't want to talk about the things we've gone through

I don't want to talk about the things we've gone through

Other urls found in this thread:

fuckyou.com/09/11/2001/wws_marketing_budget_was_459_gazillions_actually/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I really don't understand women. They get given a ridiculously miscast Wonder Woman, they get a movie with absolutely shitty writing and the end "villain" gets taken down by actual, literal power of love bullshit.

And then they all rally around it, saying "yaaas slay" and the like. Why? Why are they so easy to shill corporate products, no matter how shit they are?

THOUGH IT'S HURTING ME NOW IT'S HISTORY

I read somewhere that this movie had a huge marketing budget of 300M so therefore it needs somewhere between 700-800M to make even. Looks like a flop

>"no one even knows who Wonder Woman is, DC IS FINISHED!"
>rumors that a former WB employee says that WW is a mess
>"DCucks on suicide watch! JUST!"

>trailers come out
>"AHAHAHAHAH SO SHIT OH MY GOD I CAN'T BREATHE ROTTEN TOMATOES IS GOING TO BURY THIS TURD! CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS IS GOING TO WIPE THE FLOOR WITH WONDER WOMAN!"

>critics first reactions on twitter were overwhelmingly positive
>"fucking shills I swear, look at this review on IMDb saying it's shit without talking about the movie at all, damn this is going to be hilarious!!"

>embargo drops, WW has more praise than Logan and anything in the MCU since Avengers or so
>"fucking SJW shills this movie is SHIT audience scores are going to crush it lmao"

>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
>"h-heh well who cares it's still going to fucking BOMB look at this picture of an empty theater (I swear these retards were posting those pictures here lol)"

>WW crushes all predictions and opens at more than $100M, beating IM1, GotG, Doctor Strange, Logan, TWS and more
>"w-well until you see the DROP, 80% at least, DC is dead bury it consider this mercy etc etc"

>"T-The Mummy will crash this movie with no survivors! Can't Bruise The Cruise!"
>it critically panned and flopped

>WW has one of the smallest drop for a CBM ever and the 3rd weekend drop is even smaller
>on it's 3rd weekend it's making more than CW and AoU (Avengers movies)
>already outgrossed TWS and Doctor Strange entire domestic runs after two weeks and it's making more money overseas than dom so far while no release yet in Ger/Jap/foreign markets

>"Cars 3 will bury it!"
>doesn't even make a dent

>"Transformers 5 will finish it!"
>WW doesn't drop, actually rises 23%, T5 tracking for the lowest opening of its franchise ($63-65M)

>"WW bombed! it hasn't even passed 500M! DC is finished!"
>crosses $600M threshold on the same day user posted this

>"how is this happ-"
>$650M on its 4th weekend

The writing was fine for the most part. The last 1/5th of the movie or so is really rushed, awkward, and even too cheesy for a superhero movie, but the writing was overall fine. It was a solidly good movie.

Obviously they're going to rally around any small victory they get, but I don't know why you would be so upset about it.

If it was only women, the movie wouldn't have made that much money.
Why did you think this didn't happen with Ghostbusters?
It's a well made superhero movie, and people like that kind of shit. Deal with it.

THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

That's horseshit user. It's 300 million to 400 million to break even. 300 million wasn't the production budget, it was 149 million

>00 million wasn't the production budget,

He said marketing budget not production budget

THE LOSER HAS TOO FALL

Even if you were right about the marketing budget, that's not even 50 million more. Kind of a walk in the park at this point.

>Jewish-produced film with Isreali lead is the greatest hit of all time says Jewish journalist.
Really boggles the noggin.

Yeah? And the general rule is marketing is around the same amount as production. 150 million x 2 = 300 million total. There are no real sources claiming that marketing alone was 300 million.

How the hell did Beauty and the Beast take 1.2 billion world wide?

Sup Forums was wrong again.

Just as usual

>I read somewhere
kek Sup Forums will fall for this

don't underestimate disney princess movies(if they're white)

>already made twice the budget just in the US
This movie is going to be more profitable than Avengers

it's going to be the most profitable DCEU flick by a large margin, I bet it's going to do very well in the aftermarket

They all do. Even Suicide Squad was a video sales hit

>capeshit

>female led superhero film
>female director on a blockbuster
>making a boatload of money and acclaim
>paving the way for a sequel that will be an event now, and will go further if it is good
>small victory

BOM already put it ahead of SS and BvS.

>As for WB's Wonder Woman, it continues to live up to its protagonist's name, dropping only 39% in its fourth weekend in release. The film is now just shy of $320 million domestically and is now out-pacing all three of the previous DC Extended Universe releases as it now passes Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, which had brought in $311.3 million after the same number of days in release. To that point, Wonder Woman has already outgrossed the entire domestic run for Man of Steel, is ~$7 million away from outgrossing the domestic run for Suicide Squad and will surpass Batman v Superman's $330.4 million run over the next few days, which will make it the third largest DC Comics adaptation domestically, behind only The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises.

Victory for what?

>The Mummy flopped
It made back over half its budget, meaning it was financially successful.

>T5 tracking for the lowest opening of its franchise ($63-65M)
In the US only (most because it opening on a Wednesday instead of a Friday like other movies in the franchise). Overseas, it's doing quite well, especially in China, where it opened with $125m.

>audience scores currently sit at 92% on a 4.5/5 rating, higher than anything Marvel
91% audience score on RT. RT has GotG at 92% audience score, Avengers 91%, and Winter Soldier at 92%. Those are just the first three I checked because those were the first three I thought of when trying to think of Marvel movies that people really liked.

That's not to say Wonder Woman isn't doing well, and anyone who said it would flop is a numbskull, but you're just as foolish to also say things that are equally untrue.

The Marvel formula works even for DC movies!

Sauce, or kys.

I feel so alive.

Stronk wymyn.

Women only care about identity politics. Oh look, female main character beating men up. Yaaas slay.

Which Warner brother are you?

If you don't own stock in the company, why does anyone care about gross? Is it so they can appear to be on a "winning" team like retarded console fanboys?

I want to make babies with Gal.
Also this is gonna pass BvS in a couple of days, incredible.

>Victory for what?

You know. What's good for Gal Gadot's vagina is good for...um...every vagina teehee.

VR is getting too realistic. It needs to start including anti-depressants.

I know what you mean.

>white guy
I can't self-insert to this.

the most fascinating part of all this is that feminists have every motive to hate this thing. A princess must leave her "safe space" only to be "mansplained" about war and mankind for the rest of the movie. Also she's a qt and does cute things, like enjoying ice cream and liking babies. She's the exact opposite of an insufferable SJW cunt.

I'm glad it's making lots of money.

Is this what having a girlfriend is like?

Some of them still hate it.

Watched it for free yesterday.
Special effects and CGI were pretty crappy
She runs like a girl doing the arms thing and everything is almost comedic
Any other Amazon would have done a better job, specially Antiope, holy shit, I would totally belive she can beat asses

Good 1st and 2nd acts, 3rd act is okish but the final battle was crap

Liked the fish out of water shenanigans, they were light and short enough

Hello, what does "yaas slay" mean?

Who cares?

That's to be expected. You can never ever satisfy them all.

Why is everyone surprised that a sexy girl in a superhero costume is selling tickets? Just let the girls have fun

>mahaaahh-women!!!
Most of the people who watch this film are male,
when I went to the cinema 80% of the people were males

>WW DID 300!
>WW DID 400!
>WW DID 500!
>WW DID 600! YASSSS QUEEN!

Suicide Squad did $745,600,054 and it's considered the worst fucking movie ever made in DCU. The fuck are they chanting about with its box office?

Not rapey enough?

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed this.

It's like a Kardashians version of saying "yes" but with a long annoying twinge in the voice, and "slay" is like more recent version of "you go girl" or (she's killing it) in looks or whatever bullshit.

I still don't understand why anyone is upset. This is a movie about a straight white woman played by a woman who killed muslim children for a living before becoming an actress. You'd think Sup Forums would love this.

We do, it's just disney shills. We have a Star Wars episodic flick this year so expect them to be here around the clock

>straight white woman
>a literal zionist jew

lol

Because SS was in theaters like 10 weeks and this has been 4. It's doing better than SS at this point in its run and SS was a massive hit

>I really don't understand women
>posts on Sup Forums

what a coincidence

This basically shows that if you put identity politics veneer over Neocon/Zionist ideology, Liberals will lap it up and ask for seconds.

With today's number it reached SS's total domestic. WW is a juggernaut.

Why do these threads only get made during the swedish pakistani hours?

Confirmation bias.

>a women who killed muslim children for a living

I thought IDF mandatory military service for women was mostly about doing paperwork and serving cofee.

Anyway, there's no contradiction in liking the movie, and liking her performance, while criticizing Israel at the same time. Moreso, I personally think US foreign policy always has been borderline genocidal, but I still can enjoy Hollywood movies, even the most lacking in self awareness capeshit.

So you don't count the marketing budget when you talk about the Mummy

>Can't find her ass

Only the DCEU needs the gorillion, user.

How many people you think went to see this movie just so they could post about it on social media and get virtual pats on the back for being progressive?

Very few, because movies like Ghostbusters 2016 and Rough Night were heavily panned by audiences and either flopped or made little money while WW was a box office success and heavily praised by audiences

I like how you fags can't decide whether or not the feminist boogeyman is all powerful or weak
>Ghostbusters 2016 flopped! Feminism lost!
>Wonder Woman did well? It's because of feminism!

It's weird how no one just wants to accept that Wonder Woman just might be a good movie

Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

Actually it's a bit of both. WW is a feminist product but unlike Ghostbusters, which failed because it was a souless remake of a beloved franchise, WW is a new film in the current "print money" genre that is capeshit where standards are rock bottom. If it was any other genre it would have failed hard but capshit gets a free pass and they're taking that as a win despite it being the easiest win anyone can manage. Even Suicide Squad did it.

Gal got 60m for this movie and Chris Pine got 45m
Keep telling me it made bank lmao

>hollywood just now figures out that cute girls doing cute things sells

>mummy flopped
>ww is a success despite being more expensive and making less
Hmmmm someone doesn't understand Le chinks

Idiot, you must be fucking brain dead

The marketing budget was 459 gazillions actually. They will never break it even. Source: fuckyou.com/09/11/2001/wws_marketing_budget_was_459_gazillions_actually/

>being this blue pilled
Yeah it's those damn mussies
Fucking spastic

Its run there should've already ended but China has given Wonder Woman another month (they will be showing it until July 31st). Might get too $100M+ there, it's at ~90M now.

>wonder woman will flop! haha! women BTFO!

Men are fucking pathetic.

Could Marvelcucks be BTFO any harder?

>WW DID 911

only a few more days until spidey DCuck

>ridiculously miscast Wonder Woman
stopped reading there

Doesn't stink enough.

>hates sexism
>is sexist

you seem confused.

It's gonna bomb faggot

Why arent women expected to be in good shape for cape parts? Im not talking like muscular, but im talking Fit, were its visible shes actually in shape on arms butt and legs. She doesnt look like Superhero in that picture at all

What the fuck are you talking about you fucking moron

California is full of women like this who want to break into acting. But we can't have physical ideals. We have to have a skinny Jewess for some reason.

WW is the best movie of at least the past seven years.

i still don't know anyone who has seen this movie or talks about it.

The numbers are fudged, just like other big blockbuster films. They have to be.

looks like a man

>muh misrepresentation
>muh stronk muscular women

You sound like a SJW, faggot.

>I'll call him an SJW even though I am one and he's not. That'll get him!

But you are, and I'm not. Kill yourself faggot.

>I still don't know anyone
You remind us every thread, user.

>i still don't know anyone
And you never will, user.

Link doesn't work

y u mad tho?

It's most just poor people looking to soak up some air conditioning, that's why it's so long. Nobody important saw this trash.

It's the same shit when a fatty or ugly girl post a pic on line and they all tell how good they look. It's all fake.

>The Mummy Flopped

For the Mummy:

insider here. AMA if you really want to.

In terms of takehome to the studio, its at 108millions total.

This is our factoring of marketing into the budget, then including how much of each ticket sale is our nut per region and per day/week since initial release date.

Its at 108 true dollars. It needs to bring in 17 million more at about 25% overseas take and 28-33% domestic take, between now and when the final theater DROPS it.

So looking at boxofficemojo now (which is actually fairy close to our internal numbers as of this morning) and knowing domestic is basically dried up (lucky to get 65 mill)

We need to see

Domestic: 65mill
Foreign: 278mill

It's going to be close, but any penny over above is true profit.

Tom Cruise movies do extremely well on VOD/REDBOX/STREAMING ETC, plus theirs already a deal in place with the airlines and many major hotel chains.

My expert opinion is itll hit its nut by the skin of its teeth, then cash in a nice amount in rentals etc - is it enough to continue the series? That's way about my pay grade.

t. consultant analyst (AMA if needed)