Is this worth watching?

Is this worth watching?

no

Just watch the last 5 minutes, it's hilarious because he kills his entire family.

Nope. The jews are using the show, like most shows, to preach left-wing lunacy.

I'm not talking about the 2007 movie, this is about the new series.

Explain?

They made a TV show out of it? Wow, talk about reaching.

trying to stomach the pilot right now

bout to chug on some booze to stave off the suicidal thoughts the liberal sjw textbook tropes it tries to force are giving me

i can't even type right, i had mild hype for this shit and now i'm just pissed

I was just talking to someone about this movie. I'd never seen it and he told me I had to watch it just for the "fucked up ending".

Has non-white characters, has a gay character, characters postulate the mist is from pollution or global warming and how global warming is bad.

>liberal sjw textbook tropes it tries to force are giving me

Wew lad, I guess I'm skipping it then. I'm not going to let the JEWS poison my mind with SJW poz. What a shame, the movie had some cucky moments but it was still watchable.

Very few white males, most of the cast is either PoC, woman, or both. One of the few white male characters are a fag, and his father, who is a raging Trump supporter homophobe who wants to kill gay people, so his gay son can't come out.

Pushing the global warming narrative hard as well.

Stephen King is perma-butthurt about le evil DRUMPF, is he really mentioned?

I'm going to start it this weekend and just treat it as the sequel that the Silent Hill movie should've have had.

>explain?

The internet's full of these kids. Be critical of what you read. Pardon me if this goes without saying.

Both the movie and this show is based on the Stephen King story. Don't try to act smart, when you're actually a secret retard.

samefag

this

It has this weird rape story going on in the background so it's kind of like someone left an episode of Law and Order running on a tv in Silent Hill. You'll like it if you like seeing "Badass chicks" kill men much larger than them in a 1 on 1 fight.

Nah, he's right. There is an alarming growing trend to make TV shows out of 10-15 year old movie. It's fucking stupid and the shows all suck.

>the global warming "narrative"

Back to r/thedonald

Never have I had such a visceral physical reaction to a film... ever. Not even with Elem Klimov's Come and See. In the last fifteen minutes I was nearly physically paralyzed, and then started shaking, realizing how numb my body was... and I am dead serious. Frank Darabont's adaptation of Stephen King's novella goes heads above a 50s/60s monster movie homage. This is grade "A" chilling, terrifying, unsettling and utterly hopeless cinema in line with the most cynical and depressing classics from the 70s. The Mist itself and the monsters it brings are just the appetizer here. As all good horror should be, this explores the ultimate enemy, ourselves. In short one of the most beautiful, thrilling and terrible times I've had at the movies.

To elaborate, it isn't a pitch perfect film... Some of the CGI at the beginning is weak, and there are a few lines that can't escape the genre, but other than that this is a home run in every department - The performances (especially from Toby Jones and Marcia Gay Harden), the ingenious hand held camera, which is never used as a gimmick. The sound design, the lack of an underscore... This lends to the great atmosphere and tension Darabont builds. I'm sure you can guess by now this isn't schmaltzy, sentimental Darabont here; this is an angry, maniacal man that rears his head and shouts, "Everything is lost!" and then shoots you in the gut. Any fan of Stephen King, The Twilight Zone or Ray Bradbury, will greedily devour this with a great big grin on their face, then feel very sick but so damn happy and then throw up. Best film I've seen yet.

Nice copy pasta of an imdb review

I just don't understand how they are gonna stretch this an entire season. Or even several seasons.

I liked the movie, not sure if I'd like a series about that.

The supermarket stuff/the stuff covered in the movie is only lasting for four episodes.

yes. it's hilarious.

>when they're piling up animal food against the giant glass windows like it'll do anything
>when they sacrifice that guy and the giant mantis just eats him and walks away
>if i need a friend like you, i'll squat on the floor and shit one out
>the ending

only if you want to scream at the screen the entire time, telling characters to do the opposite of what they're doing

It has some neat stuff.

But overall it's pretty shit because Stephen King is a hack. HEY EVEN THO ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE SCREAMING FOR HELP, THIS GUY IS DEAD AND THERE ARE WITNESSES TO IT, LETS JUST IGNORE THAT BECAUSE LOL WHY NOT? ALSO LETS ALL JUST JOIN THE RELIGIOUS NUTJOB OUT OF NOWHERE BECAUSE THAT MAKES PERFECT SENSE EVEN THOUGH SHE'S BEEN WRONG ABOUT LITERALLY EVERYTHING THROUGHOUT THE FILM