Somebody please tell the makers of the new Dark Universe to re-write and make all the other movies they are doing...

Somebody please tell the makers of the new Dark Universe to re-write and make all the other movies they are doing (Bride of Frankenstein, Invisible Man, Wolf Man) carry on as sequels after the Mummy instead of them being standalones.

Considering Tom Cruise re-wrote the Mummy to include Dr Jekyll and change the ending to have his character become possessed and possibly the new Mummy (even tho I hope they somehow get Sofia Boutella back), I hope Cruise and Russel Crowe return for the other movies.

Other urls found in this thread:

gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/sofia-boutella-had-to-lick-tom-cruise-eight-times-on-the-set-of-the-mummy/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(1982_film)#Reception
earwolf.com/episode/eugene-cordero-our-close-friend/
youtube.com/watch?v=I3OsxZhY1Wk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I don't know how you can be even slightly interested in this. It's capeshit, but even worse and more desperate

it's dead in the water dude

It's actually the most fun cinematic universe there is
The problem was they started way too late
Should've started it in the Van Helsing era

I think it's heavily implied that Jekyll will be in each movie, as his lab basically has all those monster bits and pieces preserved and quarantined. I think they're idea is that his character and group is what will tie all the movie together.
>Sofia Boutella
Considering how Tom Cruse treated her during filming, she's probably not going to want to do any more mummy roles anytime soon.

Any interesting sources on that last bit?

>blind gossip

You buy Star magazine too? That isn't even a picture of her!

>monstershit

This would surely kill Hollywood.

I really do hope it's false, I want more Sofia mummy too.

This cant be true. She posted a funny video of her acting out Cruise's Tropic Thunder performance. I dont believe this. Cruise is always very caring with the woman he works with

>Sofia doesnt post anything on twitter after she gets sad about the reviews of this movie and how the critics have treated the movie
>people make up lies about her and Cruise to expalin her silence

Oh let's forget the time Cruise got her on a live interview and explained about her dancing back history and how good she is. Let's forget how happy she is around Cruise.

do you think she's wearing panties under those bandages?

obviously she's putting up a brave front to avoid explaining the bruises around her shins from tom's fists.

Blind gossip is shit, just the other day they said Kate beckinsale was dating a younger man then a trailer came out with the same guy revealing it was a movie role.

No. I stole them.

gizmodo.com.au/2017/06/sofia-boutella-had-to-lick-tom-cruise-eight-times-on-the-set-of-the-mummy/

>more desperate
>implying Marvel movies are desperate
Yeah bro, they "desperately" made 800 million in the box office. So much desperation.

>punching someone on the shin

?

Come on user, you can do this, I believe in you, why would I say the shins?

>ywn be Tom Cruse getting licked by Sofia eight times

oh, I see

the Tom Cruise is short meme

see Sofia is only 5'4

Is 'personal relationship contract' what I think it is? Being Tom Cruise's paid beard?

Ya did it buddy

thanks man

I'm not very meme :(

You hang around Tom and maybe do cuddling but if he does anything weird to you you're not allowed tell anyone

There was another article online about "why Sofia licked Tom" or something to the effect of that. As if people wouldn't know why a hot girl would be licking someone seductively.

as much as Mummy was mess, it made something it was supposed to - refresh classic monsters. Everyone talks about it, so actual 'refreshing' worked, although now in way they expected.

Dark Universe got unstable, but well-advertised grounds. Their movies may be shitty but still worth to remind them, as originals from 30-40s aged a lot and don't really stand to modern day viewers 'standards'. Don't get me wrong, loved these but they were garbage even at time they arrived. Original "Mummy" was bassically re-skinned "Dracula" set to Egyptian themes. Following mummy movies were shitty too. "Mummy Hand" had great 2nd half, if You survived 1st utterly boring 30 minutes. Sequels (Mumy Tomb, Ghost, Curse etc etc) were literally copy/paste of themself. With all capeshit boom era we see since last decade, i totally understand why they went this way. I guess in next 50 years (or earlier) they reboot these anyway.

btw, I have strange feeling that new "Mummy" may become 'iconic classic' in next 20-30 years. Many now-praised movies meet cold critical and audience response at their times, but grew over to 'cult' status after years.

Wolfman
>flopped
Dracula
>flopped
Mummy
>flopped

I see a pattern here...

Man shut the fuck up, Kurtzman.

>People will eventually appreciate mummy kino
I cannot wait for this.

It's not the right time.
There's no monster craze at the moment.

The Walking Dead and Marvel for example had some kind of momentum.

Yeah.
Two of those movies have nothing to do with The Mummy, which hasn't flopped.

Chill up. I don't like him, Cruise or so. I don't really care about them. Just pointing out few patterns from past. History repeats itself. Take a look at these old shits we praise now. They were bad and railed at their era but now became iconic. Really, lets take a look at "The Thing" movie. Now it is quoted as one of better of it's kind, but they really hated it when came out.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thing_(1982_film)#Reception

This is just 1 ecample, but I could find more and go on.

>There's no monster craze at the moment.

well not itty bitty bite sized ones anyway

Honestly I watched the Mummy expecting some shitty film, and all I got was a regular film, I mean it's not worse than capeshit, however I still don't get how come Dracula Untold was cut off, if basically it can easily be included. But yeah they need to make crossovers instead of stand alone films, because watching Jekyll/Hyde for 5 minutes was boring, it would be more interesting if Buttella Mummy were chasing Tom Cruise, and Hyde were chasing The Mummy, additionally the blonde girl chasing the Mummy and a end-credits scene where the blonde girl reveals she is a Van Helsing descendant.

>Buttella Mummy were chasing Tom Cruise, and Hyde were chasing The Mummy, additionally the blonde girl chasing the Mummy and a end-credits scene where the blonde girl reveals she is a Van Helsing descendant.
This is what I pictured in my head.

>Sofia Boutella won't be in the next Kingsman
>Sofia Boutella won't be in the next DU
Having a waifu is suffering.

Dude, Scooby Doo is THE monster kino

Last week's episode of Hollywood Handbook hilariously tore this shit to shreds. They savagely mocked Universal for building what is supposed to be a long term film series around a bunch of 50+ year old actors.

>Her only upcoming roles is a TV movie and Hotel Artemis

Wolfman wasn't intended to be the start of a cinematic universe though.

And Atomic Blonde, where she makes out with Charlize Theron.

So, she's got that going for her.

>50yo actor portraying a vessel of a thousand years old Mummy
>50yo actor portraying a centuries years old doctor
>50yo actor portraying a monster that will have prosthetics and tons of CGI
>50yo actor portraying a monster that is INVISIBLE

I have absolutely no problem with this, are all film critics retarded or something?

S-She's still pure, r-right guys?

Hiring aging movie stars for what could be a seven year plus franchise may not have been the best idea.

The movies are standalone, you're only going to be seeing said actors for that one particular role.

Link?

>It's a your a fan of an actress before they get popular episode
I remember back when Olivia Wilde was still a literally who, she ran a blog about shit she did and would make videos for people where she would basically say hello to them. But then she became popular and the blog got shut down. Then she faded back into obscurity.

earwolf.com/episode/eugene-cordero-our-close-friend/

Not sure if this is a good starting point if you've never listened to HH before but this episode is hilarious.

MEANWHILE

youtube.com/watch?v=I3OsxZhY1Wk

Are you sure? How is that even a shared universe if they're not going to crossover into each other's movies?

That was pretty cringey senpai.

It's hilarious seeing young Kat Dennings.

The films are standalone with Jekyll connecting all of them.
Jekyll and his group are basically Torchwood: Monsters Edition Without All the Homo Attached.
They really should have put Jekyll's name somewhere in the title.

doesnt there have to be legit hype behind a universe for people to care?

>horror cinematic universe can't wor-
get fucked universal

Mostly People who would even remember Universal monsters are either dead Or 80 YO. There is literally thin margin of retrohipsters who know this shit Right.

It's not Ant Man or Black Panther though where literally no one up to that point had ever heard of them outside of a very small group of comic readers. By contrast everyone knows Frankenstein (admitting the wrong character but whatever), Dracula, wolf man, mummy, etc. even if they haven't seen any of the classic universal studios monster movies.

GotG was a pretty unknown and failed comic book, not even comic book fans knew that much about them.

>failed comic book
suck my dick, vol 2 was the shit and it sold really well

She's so cute and small. She looked taller in the movie. :3

How in the fuck is there not hype for shit like Frankenstein?

You people are so jaded if you can't enjoy stuff like this. This is the golden age of kino.

>The series debuted to mostly positive reviews.The May 2008 sales estimate for the first issue was 39,854 copies, making it the 61st top-selling comic title that month.
>61st
>The book was cancelled in April 2010 with issue 25.
Seriously GotG teams failed hard, both had poor sales although despite having positive reviews.

The movies have been way more succesful than the comic books.

Those movies are shit tho.
And the Warrens themselves stated that they were fucking liars. Their words.

doesn't matter

ALL THE FILMS in the THE CONJURING CINEMATIC UNIVERSE have been a BOX OFFICE HITS and you can't stop them

I just want to hug her and cuddle her really hard.

This.

Marvel films have been mostly forgetable, but they still make tons of money, DCEU movies have been shit except for WW, but they still rake millions and millions. Transformers and FF are literally below shit tier, but they still deliver billions in a constant way.

>Cruise is always very caring with the woman he works with
maybe he got a little too caring

Was Victor Frankenstein supposed to be another failed start to this Dark Universe like Dracula Untold?

No that was a different studio. The only other one was Dracula Untold, which is being ignored now.

>except for WW

WW was the worst one yet.

Why is Sup Forums defending this piece of shit movie anyway? You can meme all you want about Marvel but at least they know what they're doing with their cinematic universe.

>at least they know what they're doing with their cinematic universe.

Yeah, producing the most offensively bland kind of ultra-commercial focus group product that reduces film as an artform to an algorithm on a jewish computer

It would be hard not to when spending so much time with such a beautiful gal.

coz deep inside, under layers of shit screenwriting and editing mess there is actually beautifull movie. Definetly one of best mummy movies since decades. Still slose to 1932 original, but swapped and with bit diffrent take on the story. Such a shame it is just overhelmed with useless shits. This definetly needs 'directors cut' or some edit release.

those are really basic shots you've got there in your kinogrid

>worldwide

dropped

But nu-Mummy is just as generic and bland as any of their movies?

I feel bad for Sophia that it flopped, she is just so cute. But she is probably rich and gets laid every day so ill force myself not to give a shit.

>The next Star Trek movie (if one even fucking happens0 will proably ignore her like Beyond did with Alice Eve...
>We will never see Sofia in legless Fem Fed uniform as the end of Beyond teased...
Why live?

>I still don't get how come Dracula Untold was cut off
Still salty as fuck about that, Luke was fucking lit.