Detective Comics #936 preview

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rQHV1Fs_2-k
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that paneling

Guess who's back

I could live without her, desu.

Good

What the actual fuck?! I'm not the fun of the Batgod, but he must be superior on the street level. How did he lost to some militry guys?

A Batwoman solo is coming, I can feel it.

1 vs 51.

Ooopsie, meant to reply here Although you aren't wrong. Maybe Batwoman/Question, even.

There were 50 of them all ganging up on him at once. This isn't the Arkham games where people will wait their turns to attack.

Oh, I forgot that they pleased Morrison. I thought there were like 20-30 people. I just remember that Bruce can handle lots of enemies at once. And now it's his younger and stronger version as I remember from Snyder's run. Anyway, I'm okay with this then,

Yay Montoya is back.
Batman BTFO

Back in the day before Batgod, a couple of LoA dudes could give Bruce a run for his money.
That said, they were a lot of dudes.

Don't worry, they're HIGHLY TRAINED and all. It's not like he got beaten up by purse-snatcher.

Inb4 the joker 3 reveal the time trapper aka super angst prime then reboot. rinse repeat.

>Top. Men.

So batman got gangbanged by 51 guys in batsuits? That's some fetish level shit

Dude, learn stories. If Bruce had not eaten shit in that fight, it would have made the villains of the arc complete jokes and rendered the whole clusterfuck of 90's characters that are the main characters of this book useless.

That said, I'm kind of shocked Tynion didn't fuck that part up given how bad he's at writing.

>inb4 Batman let them win to find out who runs the group
I mean shit in the arkham games batman regularly beats 20+ dudes up all the time

As long they don't have curved. Swords.
Or that. Or he lost so rest of guys could learn to work as a team.

at least this isn't a batgod type book.

>Or he lost so rest of guys could learn to work as a team.

If they pull that shit I'm going to start killing people.

It's already humiliating enough that characters that have been around for 20-30 years are treated as base rookies.

>That said, I'm kind of shocked Tynion didn't fuck that part up given how bad he's at writing.
I've been shocked at how well Tynion is doing on 'Tec so far.

>It's already humiliating enough that characters that have been around for 20-30 years are treated as base rookies
You do get theres been a reboot, right?
I mean Tim Drake is not even Tim Drake, and the rest literally got introduced last year...

What's up with Tim's reaction? He doesn't seem to care that Batman got the heck beaten out of him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to write Tim, Steph and Cass and Kate was mandated.

How to Ruin the Artist's Work by James Tynion IV

>You do get theres been a reboot, right?

And it was a disaster, to the point that they got their biggest sales rise ever by saying they're trying to de-boot.

I wouldn't give him too much credit. All his issues so far have been shit. He just managed to jump that one particular hurdle.

>Batman gets his ass beat
Well Thank god that this writing isn't following the usual batgod bullshit, but that cover has me worried that they're going to fuck over Clayface, he's the only reason I'm buying this book right now.

she probably knows who did this

>I wouldn't give him too much credit. All his issues so far have been shit. He just managed to jump that one particular hurdle.
What are you talking about? Detective Comics has been better than it's been in years.

>I wouldn't be surprised if he wanted to write Tim, Steph and Cass and Kate was mandated.

I wouldn't be surprised if every character except Clayface was mandated, and Tynion forced Clayface into an already bloated cast because he can't write any of the real main characters.

I will never forgive him for BRE

>What are you talking about?

I'm talking about how he's a fucking shit writer and completely incompetent. All his characters speak in exposition and the only way he knows to make somebody look cool is have other characters stand around saying he's cool. He always has too many fucking characters doing too many things so everything that happens gets at most one page. I fucking hate him and I'm not going to give him a free pass just because he makes the clumsiest, least sincere effort ever to pander to my nostalgia.

I dont like focusing on LOOK I'M A LESBIAN thing. I had enough of this in last dc animated movies with Batwoman and I don't want this in Detective comics. Please, stop this.

Yeah see a month ago I would have agreed with you 100% but issues 1 and 2 of 'Tec have been leagues better than either of the Eternals. Refusing to like them just because he's been shit in the past is just being autistic.

>I dont like focusing on LOOK I'M A LESBIAN thing.

When not handled by Williams, Kate has very little else going for her.

>implying her solo was better than mediocre writing and fantastic art

Well it's a good thing that's not what the preview did.

>issues 1 and 2 of 'Tec have been leagues better than either of the Eternals

I don't see it. They were terrible and I felt nothing but hate and misery when I read them.

These are my fucking favorite characters*, this is a comic that's editorially designed to pander to me with a laser focus, but instead of doing what they should have and focused on un-52ing them as hard as possible, they picked a guy who thinks the nu52 versions of them are totally fucking fine and should proceed with no changes. It's maddening. In an event whose whole point is returning to the real versions of everything, the characters I like the most are left in the hands of fucking ISIS.

*) Except Clayface, obv.

>youtube.com/watch?v=rQHV1Fs_2-k

>Barrows is off 2 issues in
>didn't even complete Manhunter, left 3 months or so ago
Why the fuck is this guy on double shipping book?

the filler artist is better than he is so i'm not complaining

No don't you see? Showing a lesbian relationship at all is SHOVING IT DOWN OUR THROATS.

That's a funny way to spell Rucka

They're not going to change the characters just because of Rebirth.

They haven't rebooted Batman either. They haven't rebooted Green Arrow. They haven't rebooted anyone.

The only thing that happened is that Post-Crisis Superman and Wally showed up. Nu52 Superman was still a thing, Nu52 Wonder Woman was still in love with Nu52 Superman and all that.

>It's a Batwoman issue

Agreed

A lot of artists were pulled off early from DCyou books.

>Batman got beat up by 51 thugs
Dropped

Rucka's back baby, you know he wants it

Tynion has always been decent to good, unlike what Sup Forums made you believe. The only bad things he wrote was Snyder's fill ins and the terrible red hood book which will always be shit. His Constantine and Batman/TMNT were good.

>The Colony

!!!!

Most people's opinion of Tynion has been shaped by the Eternals which varied in quality, but were mostly mediocre at best, and godawful at worst.

O'Neil is such a fucking hack. He doesn't get Batman like Snyder does.

Where are the Gentry references?

i think you're overthinking its badness. or overexaggerating. it's certainly not worst comic ever made bad

>having to go this far back for an example
that doesn't support you at all

>Batgod got his ass beat

where all the triggered batfags at

My favorite Batgod faggotry fight was over Batman #1 when you had people both saying Batman should have been able to solve the falling plane with ease and saying that even getting as close as he did was too much. Just goes to show how much stupidity there is over his power levels.

Right here:

The reason I used that example is because it's an extremely similar scenario from one of the most iconic Batman stories of all time. You'd know that if you read comics.

Why would there be any Gentry references?

Every issue before did.

This is true. I stuck with Batwoman since 52. Detective Comics, Final Crisis, Batwoman.

She's had amazing artists but is a completely overrated character (still has potential) with stories ranging from "meh" to "good."

Rucka and Williams may want to "say" she's some amazing crime fighter, but she's had c-b level stuff at best. She's still a clear step below every robin and Barbara Gordon. I have nothing against women. But I can't stand writers forcing their pet characters into prominence.

I don't get why she is in this series. I mean, I don't want her to disappear, but I don't get how she can be considered anywhere near Batman level.

Urg ... Tynion is a Tim Drake fanboy ..

Shit book..

Poor Batman, lol. And also it would have been nice if we got to at least see Batman make a fight of it after that you can try line. Instead we get a background montage of him getting his ass whooped. Poor guy even got smacked with a mail box lol. Tynion is bad.

>..
Oh hey, damifag's here. I knew we wouldn't get through a bat book thread without you shitting it up.

What, Batman just fought all those guys in the middle of the street? No hit and run or ambushes or smoke bombs or anything? And he couldn't get a hold of anyone else and the cops didn't show up? Did the rest of his crew have their cell phones or radios turned off?

If you are going to have Batman do a Worf for a team book of younger Gotham characters, I just beg that you do a better job than this.

"He's not Drakes father..."

Is it that bad OP how is it that bad

Did you not read the last issue? They swarmed him with tanks and drove him off the road.

Loser.

Does no one realize just how bad . Tynion's Batman fighting is? -

Tynion doesn't do Batman justice when he fights like a child throwing random punches at the enemy.

Ugh.
Agreed. I didn't like the previous issues either and came back to see if it got better. Apparently not. What's really scaring me is if Detective Comics #1000 ends up just as bad. I really hope not.

Holy shit, why do you refuse to use punctuation properly? I get that you're an idiot, but it almost seems intentional.

I'm sad that this issue is getting this much hate

>Batman should be able to take on 50 guys simultaneously with armor and tanks

>Batgodfags

So anyway when's JPV and his hospital bed adventures?

Yeah, the huge cars that were invisible on radar was pretty funny.

The smart play would have been to break free and fight a running battle on rooftops, then other members of the newbie squad could have gotten involved according to how far away they were. We could have had at least a whole issue of exciting chases and fighting as numbers and surprise become more and more overwhelming.

No that's just Sup Forums autism

>yfw when a chink with no batsuit can do batmans job twice as good as batman

Forgot pic

I refuse to believe this. To the googles!

It wasn't irl user, it was in Shenmu the Dreamcast game Shenmu. The 100 man battle at the end

I fucking hate Batdyke. Why don't they use Batgirl for these things instead. Why is Batwoman the third in command?

Rest in Peace.

>Batman styles all over two Flying Brick superhumans in his self-tilted series
>gets blown the fuck out here

well okay

Bad.

#936 and #937's covers are switched.

nice 3 pack batman.

>Batman could handle 51 trained soldiers attacking him at once!
lol Batfags

Call your son Damian for Help.

The Colony = Demogorgunn

Wall grid of screens in , lens flare rings shining out = Lord Broken shut up I'm having fun