R.I.P Tony

As we reported Thursday, Marvel is launching a new series called Infamous Iron Man with Doctor Doom in the title role.

International Iron Man and its creators Brian Michael Bendis and Alex Maleev will segue to work on the new "Marvel NOW!" series, which is scheduled to debut in the fall, according to CBR. This would be the first ongoing series for Victor Von Doom.

This comes just days after the news that Tony Stark would be stepping down as Iron Man in favor of 15-year-old M.I.T. protege Riri Williams in a relaunched Invincible Iron Man. It's not known where Tony Stark fits into things after Civil War II when these two series begin (although we have one idea), but in the solicitation to Infamous Iron Man #1 below it says that "Where Tony Stark failed, Doom will succeed.

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #1
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ALEX MALEEV (A/C)
There is a new Iron Man in town and his name is VICTOR VON DOOM. The greatest villain of the Marvel Universe will try something new. Where Tony Stark failed, Doom will succeed. What is Doom's Master Plan?
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

newsarama.com/30060-confirmed-doom-is-marvel-now-s-infamous.html

>Reed becomes God
>Doom becomes Marvel's flagship hero
Well would you look at that?

This is such a fucking dope concept, but with bendis who cares

This is the second event in a row from Marvel they tell us how things are going to shake out before the event even ends.

Second? I can't even remember the last time they didn't do this. Fear Itself, maybe?

> This would be the first ongoing series for Victor Von Doom.

> not hickman
> not waid
why even live

I just can't care anymore.

>Bendis on Doom
hyped for Doom calling people FAT COW again

>Maleev

delayed for three months between issues, cancelled at #5

Nah, they spoiled that guy being Thor for a time and Steve getting back the Shield before the event started even.

Fastest way to get me to drop a book and pirate instead is to put Bendis on it.

So is he getting the suit back or something?

Again fuck this wake me up when Tony's Iron Man again

Came here to post this.

Doom thinks he is better than everyone else. Why the fuck would he take on Iron Mans identity?

Doom trying to one up Tony, by doing something he thinks Tony failed in is something he would do. Even a heroic Doom.

This.

I want off this fucking shitty Marvel/SJW ride.

I'll be sure to Story Time everything Ironman from now on so no one else has to buy this shit. I'll upload it everywhere,

I dont know man. Iron Man was never a failure. Even if he was trying to show that he could do better that still wouldn't feel right with me. From what I have read of Doom, and I will admit its not a lot, I feel like he would want to do the job as himself so everyone knows who gets the glory.

Now you're gettin it

Bendis written DOOM sounds like the absolute worst thing.

Derrrr. If only thar wuz a way to just not reed thu comics... DERRRR.

It's so awesome that all this post-Civil War 2 status quo announcements are being made when Civil War 2 isn't even halfway done. Comic stores must be thrilled.

But replacing a straight white guy with another straight white guy goes completely against their current policy. Next you'll tell me the sun is going to rise in the west tomorrow.

So is Carol going to kill him or is Ulysses going to go full Karnak on his ass when it turns out he's become a villain/been a villain the whole time?

thank you brave person

>he didn't read the What-If?

Wouldn't make sense in canon, but the what if had young doom room with tony and Doom switched bodies with Tony so he could have Tony's money.

This is not happening in a what if universe. This is the mainstream universe.

Doom hasn't shown up since secret wars (unless I'm absolutely wrong about civil war, because I haven't read that), if I were to guess he's probably trying to be a better person than he was, or his restored face has made him more vain and he's seeking the glory of being a hero. Basically, with a perfect face I don't think he's going to be hard evil, just an asshole.

Which reminds me the arc is going to end with Dooms face getting disfigured again.this time it's Tony's fault.

I know dude, I literally said it wouldn't happen in canon. You said Doom would never want to be in Tony's shoes, and you were wrong.

Honestly they're probably just trying to position tony as the new Dr. Doom rival and having doom go as a good guy for a bit before regretting it is probably what's happening

They've taken a ridiculous amount of What Ifs and turned them into actual canon stories now, though. Just add this one to the pile.

>Doom gets a solo
>Bendis

Fucking Monkey's Paw.

There is no Reed in Marvel.

I'm sorry but am I the only one who really does not like the direction they are taking with Doom?

Doom has always been considered one of Marvel's best villains, and while he has been depicted as having sympathetic aspects, this push for him to be "heroic" isn't really sitting well with me.

Doom was always the guy who had a sense of nobility to him, yet would also be extremely petty at the same time. He would be the man who you can always trust to keep his word, but he would also make sure to find as many loopholes and technicalities so that he would always come out on top.

Doom is the guy who may be trying to save the world just like the heroes are, but is doing it in a way that centered solely on him. Not because he thinks the others are too incompetent to succeed, but because he knows it.

While I'm still going to (attempt to) give this a fair shot, I just can't help but feel this is just going to be "Doom acts as a superhero, but he's different from the rest cause he acts sort of dickish due to his former time as a villain!" I mean I kind of get what they are going for, but I highly doubt just fixing his face is all it would take for Doom to suddenly be rid of all that ambition and arrogance that motivated him as a super villain.

>YOU'RE IRONMAN
>SHE'S IRONMAN
>YOU ALL GET TO BE IRON MAN!

So Deja vu a la Bendis...

So is their ANY book that isn't ending or getting renumbered to boost sales come October? So far we have Captain Marvel, both Iron Man books being renumbered and a whole mess of other books being canned

From the beginning?

>isn't ending
Probably almost every current Spider-book, GotG by Bendis, most X-books