it was no blue bug
nor a three eyed frog
just a feline
canine
little catdog
cat dog
caat dog
alone in the world was a little catdog

Was Catdog ever good? Every time I seen an episode on TV I just changed the channel

The theme song was actually better than all the episodes combined.

Or at least more memorable.

It had a damned good muscle growth episode. That's about it.

I always wondered how the creators came to that concept or how nickelodeon agreed to produce and transmit this.

I bought the complete series dvd set last year.

No regrets.

Sup Forums hates it which always strikes me as really weird because my memories of it are generally pretty positive and I liked it growing up.

Did you really come here expecting us to constantly have a thread up every day for a cartoon that ended more than fifteen years ago?

Made some threads about it months ago, pretty alright times and sometimes they went for a few days. It's just an ok series, nothing too memorable aside from the theme song.

full theme where

Cats character depresses me
The other characters towards catdog depresses me
I can't watch this show without feeling like high school all over again

Did someone post the humanized version yet?

Same here.

Though, the general consensus of Sup Forums saying it was "mean and ugly" or something along those lines was kinda true. The style was usually dirty, but that worked. Catdog (Cat in particular) was fucked over, more often then not, for no good reason while The Greasers, Winslow, or Rancid usually got away with whatever abuse or scam they were pulling.

How is "mean" something bad?

I'm not sure. Maybe it was mean spirited for the sake of being mean spirited? In some thread someone explained why Catdog was bad. I don't remember the reasoning behind it, but it seemed to make sense.

Either way, I don't usually enjoy seeing "good" or "not bad" characters get shit on for no reason, especially when it isn't funny.

no is not, and this comes from someone who actually liked the show as a kid, but nowadays the show is barely watchable, this show has the worst case of lack of likable characters i ever seen.

Do it, motherfucker.

for me it just made it really difficult to watch. slapstick is one thing, but the sort of cruelty aimed at catdog from episode to episode was above and beyond and just.... generally unsatisfying. they literally did nothing to deserve most of the shit they got, and when they did do something to deserve some kind of backlash there were no punches held back even the slightest amount. like, if you do something right? you get fucked up. do something wrong that affects the people around you? get fucking obliterated. catdog just leads a miserable existence and it doesnt make for a very good or entertaining show unless you like watching that sort of suffering

>Was Catdog ever good?

No. It was unfunny and full of unlikable assholes

It's in shit quality on YouTube.

I'm trying to empathize with the fetish here, but you find this "good"?

It's all about the hugeness, and this episode had it in spades.

As a kid, I think I enjoyed it because the "mean" humor had kind of a MAD magazine vibe to it.
I think a fair number of kids enjoy the "character who's the world's punching bag" concept in a juvenile way, but the appeal of that idea is basically limited to kids. I guess Catdog was aiming for that niche of kid humor, so it doesn't really have any adult appeal.

>Decide to visit Sup Forums see how its doing
>>no [insert favorite cartoon show here] general
>>no [insert favorite cartoon show here] threads

How does it poop? Is there like a hole in the middle or something?

Yes (Watch the ep "Sweet and Lola")

Having a show full of unlikable, unfunny characters isn't a great idea.

If you're going to have a character be an asshole they need to have some qualities that make them sympathetic or get their comeuppance, OR they need to be funny enough.

A show full of unfunny assholes is hard to watch.

neat

i always assumed they just vomited it out

I liked it. CatDog had terrible things happen to them all the damn time, but like Ed Edd n Eddy, it made their rare victories that much sweeter

I really liked the buildings in this show. They were really fun.

>this board is shit

feel free to leave any time you jizz drinking faggot, go fucking play in traffic you sniveling pussy

nice bump

Holy fucking shit, why does Nick have the worst show-pacing and scheduling in the world?

It took them HALF A DECADE to burn off 6 half-hour episodes.

iirc the thread I made some months ago, maybe at the start of the year, someone talked about this and looked into it and found other shows did the same thing around that time

Looks like late spring of '05 had a pretty normal kind of schedule going on for a short time for most of those listed. I don't know why they'd bring a show back after nothing for four years, though, only to air two eps and then break for another year. The parents ep made a pretty good conclusion, too.