Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/andykhouri/status/751547857589579776
i.4cdn.org/co/1468024339508.jpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I fucking knew it

>Bendis Doom confirmed

why must we suffer such injustices

So Carol is getting yet another relaunch

And Doom is confirmed Infamous Iron Man written by Bendis.

>CAGE! #1 (of 4)
>GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY (W) • GENNDY TARTAKOVSKY (A/C)
>From the Award-Winning creator of Dexter’s Laboratory, Samurai Jack and Hotel Transylvania! On the mean streets of Harlem, shoes are big, shirts are large, bottoms are belled and crime is rampant! But in the heart of the city, the world’s hardest-working, smack-talking, chain-wearing super hero is on the street and on the case! And his rates are reasonable! He’s CAGE! and he’ll save your behind. Dig it!

and you know it's going to go back to Doomquest because that's one of the books he loves, and what does Bendis do but endlessly vamp on the few things he remembers reading

I'm fine with sacrificing Doom to Benis in exchange for based Gennedy Cage

>So Carol is getting yet another relaunch
That's what? Four relaunches in 4-5 years?

at least they've mostly moved away from KSD's bland take on Carol although I think a lot of current Carol fans liked her because of KSD

In a sea of relaunch and rebranding darkness, there is the light of quality stories...

And with Doom as Iron Man now, there's no way that his mother isn't Tony's real mother.

CAGE! Sounds awesome, I wonder when are they going to give Spider-Man an A-list creative team

>Captain Marvel 2012
>Captain Marvel 2014
>Captain Marvel Secret Wars tie in (2015)
>Captain Marvel 2016
>Captain Marvel 2017

there's all her Captain Marvel stuff.
So yeah 4 relaunches in 5 years. Probably going to get another by late 2018 at least if they don't push her movie back.

I feel like that book has some potential to it, shame it's Bendis' baby.

"A lot" being a nice way to say "most of".

Ironic, isn't it, that the more bland and boring version of the character is the one to sttra

I've seen some folks getting pissed about Cage

Is Tony of gipsy descent? That would be intersting...on the other hand...Is Marvel going to make them brothers, ain't they? I hope I'm wrong

The KSD thing is weird, even just looking at the fandom. She basically blank slated the character she wanted to write - that was the end of Carol as-was. I don't care about the costume shit, but you burned a lot on that pyre with the costume.

This makes me happy
twitter.com/andykhouri/status/751547857589579776

Uhhhhh meant to say "to attract new fans". Posting on mobile.

blaxploitation to be something left in the 70s and 80s, I'm assuming?

>Tony, I am your father

RIP Hot Sinestro, you will be missed

>I "found" Otto
Khouri confirmed for rampant dickgirl fetishist.

Oh fuck yes

for those who don't click: Tom King found Bagenda on DeviantArt, and he is booked for something future.

Cage is really promising. I hope Gendy's storyboarding ability translates well into making a comic.

Jesus Christ storyteller don't jinx that shit.

It was mostly along the lines of
>a white guy shouldn't be writing blaxploitation
>you have Coates why is he only writing BP >that art looks like a racial caricature
>why are only white guys writing black characters

YES
Is he a slow artist?
I think he did all but 2 or so issues of Omega Men so that's pretty normal, I think.

he's gonna rejuvenate himself by bonding with parallax again

>Doomfags btfo
>Cosmicfags btfo
>Tonyfags btfo
Tell me why Bendis isn't the most based writer of this era.

I'll take this to mean I've finally achieved sigil magic.

these neeeeerds

;____;

How is it, is worth checking out

>and he is booked for something future.
nice nice nice nice

also I am glad they found Schmidt, his GA looks sooooo good

Because the book will be shit and dull.

since when does Batman care about borders?

I'm not referring to the late lamented bookstore chain btw

I hope Schmidt does more dc work in the future
His coloring is so good too

yeah but neither EVS or Sandoval will give him the sex appeal he deserves

I am actually glad he's writing Doom, there's going to be so many jimmies rustled

a man of fine taste

So Bendis Doom, Genndy Cage, and new Capt Marvel huh. i'd say one bad, one good, on tbd.

Bendis Doom makes me interested even if it becomes to see angry doomnerds on Sup Forums. and I liked a bit of his Iron Man

>yfw he lurks Sup Forums and this is his vengeance

i dig schadenfreude

On the topic of upcoming stuff, War Mother got a preview today. I'm not reading anything from Valiant but it seems like it might be Your Kind Of Book, OP.

Doom is going to be Tony's father. Screen cap this. It's why he seemed him out post Secret Wars.

>demand more and more black characters
>get mad when white people bring more black characters
These people are impossible to please.

It's a punishment for Doom fans for turning a good villain into a broken mary sue with no consistent motivation.

enjoyable but not as good as ASS

wrong, they're going to be half brothers

This is already causing me stress.

Thank you

Nah, he did 10 issues by himself, 1 fill in and 1 with the help. Also 8 issue sneak peek.

Since it's Maleev, I want to see Hobo Namor again

If CAGE! isn't nomitated for shit at next year's Eisnerharveys, we riot.

They're still on that "the few minority creators in comics should be shackled to characters who look like them" thing then? Give them time I guess. Maybe they'll recognize the problem first when they see the female creators mostly writing "girl books" (Cloonan on Punisher is the biggest exception probably)

>Namor is Jean Reno
>Doom is Gerard Depardieu
>First issue is them getting drunk in an airport and ends with Doom pissing himself

>the few things he remembers reading

He may remember reading them, but he certainly won't bother rereading them to remember what actually happens.

So how are you guys today

I got to see 2/3 of my state's head elected officials make complete fucking assholes of themselves

They're gonna have the same mom, probably.

But yeah I can see Doom hooking up with some Bendis OC and her shitting out Tony.

oh god I hope so

Bendis is gonna do it, and the world will just fucking watch.

Has anything come up vis a vis Namor since Squadron Supreme decapitated him and rekt atlantis?

I love the Rocket Reds so much

>tfw Tony's parents are Black Widow and Doom

That stuff about Carol recruiting new trainees and shit worries me, as someone who mostly cares about her current book for including Alpha Flight characters.

I bet these trainees aren't even going to be teamnamed Beta Flight.

Oh, no, but you can clearly tell that's how he works, like how almost all his shitty ideas about classic lady Avengers goes back to Byrne WCA, because he read that. He's a complete failure at the 'synthesis' part of doing cape comics.

Robinson's bringing/brought him back somehow and says he always meant to

Our state tends to elect circus clowns anyway, OP.

I somehow only just found out about the shooting and decided there was no way I was gonna turn on the TV during this clusterfuck.

I've spent the last hour looking at people complain that we're getting classic Cage back.
Friggen ingrates.

Guy is just so HAPPY in panel four!

The funny thing is, Luke Cage's book wasn't nearly as blaxploitative as I imagined it was.

It's really pretty PG, with minimal hookers and revenge against white property developpers who are secret racists trying to destroy communities they publicly champion.

This is referencing some of that Englehart GLC stuff, right?

Also, the thing with Carol relaunching a-fucking-gain is that it feels like she's bouncing around like a pinball. Planes! Now in space! Interlude for the CAROL CORPS, now space and Alpha Flight, this could work...oh wait the main team writes a story with a ton of dangling threads, someone else comes in, CW2 derails...relaunch!

I saw a video RTed onto my feed last night, clicked, and went "that green neon...I know...fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck"

even if they don't like it, it's an out-of-continuity mini and thus very ignorable

>Cynthia von Doom banged another guy and shat out Tony
>Doom banged a woman and said woman shat out Tony

Which one do you want to happen?

HELL OF A JOB

my black boss and I had a very long and thoughtful discussion about how easily people are getting racebaited nowadays

I can see why people don't like Cage, desu.

>This is referencing some of that Englehart GLC stuff, right?
yep

Kilowog went to the USSR, Guy showed up and caused a scene

>Also, the thing with Carol relaunching a-fucking-gain is that it feels like she's bouncing around like a pinball. Planes! Now in space! Interlude for the CAROL CORPS, now space and Alpha Flight, this could work...oh wait the main team writes a story with a ton of dangling threads, someone else comes in, CW2 derails...relaunch!
How many creative teams has she gone through with these relaunches? KSD, Butters, Gage, now the new writer? Feels like editorial isn't sure what to do and there's no time for anything to settle

Going to watch Finding Dory and Neon Demon.

They'll pick whatever the movie does

>So how are you guys today
conflicted about gay Sulu, Takei's reaction, and the reactions to Takei's reaction

also hungry but my kitchen is a disgusting mess so no cooking but I also don't feel like leaving the house

Right, it feels very jerky and like they're stumbling around, as opposed to making some kind of curve if they want to change direction.

that's one I'm not sticking my foot into

>I want to see Hobo Namor again

Hobo Namor is Best Namor. It's a strong argument in favour of that universe where Red Skull got elected President as Steve Rogers and Nazied up America.

i've been working on actually writing out all the xmen books i want to collect. fun and annoying.

news is incredibly stressful lately it's horrible

The 'readers' complaining about not enough X characters by X creators are only really interested in reading about characters that look like themselves, anyway, so why not X by X for X.

I'm actually kinda hopeful, to me the jumping around shows they're looking for something to click and hit big.

It's got some resemblance to choosing to make Khan white (the character).

>give Guy a spanking

>So how are you guys today
Less depressed than yesterday. Woo.

>I got to see 2/3 of my state's head elected officials make complete fucking assholes of themselves

I do not envy you, and your living in the opening front line of The Great Race War.

>all this parent drama
>Cap will never be Helmut's dad

:(

That's the optimistic reading!

I wonder if there isn't some internal frustration/pressure about the whole "We have her lined up for a movie and yet we can't sell this fucking book", you know?

I want the people writing anything below an A-lister to realize that their runs will be truncated and fucked up however possible and to pack it in from the start.

what's even more tragic about it is that Dallas is historically incredibly segregated (South Dallas will depress you) but has made huge progress on the policing front, and then this motherfucker goes and does this.

The Rocket Reds are great. And their propaganda fueled nationalism would be harshly rebuked by post-Soviet Russian Kleptocracy and Krokodil usage

In what way?

It doesn't seem like they're willing to let any direction actually take root though. It's not a very good indicator that someone should bother getting invested in the book

So Citizen V has to be showing up in response to HYDRA Cap right?

why can't we have nice things :(

Hey, anyone with a yen for archive digging wanna look up some of the Comixology rankings for recent Captain Marvel from that one user's threads?

>In what way?
It's done to make things more palatable/progressive for a modern audience, but it's out of step with the original material. Khan having brown skin could be seen as having some negative connotations.

There has to be. or maybe for them she's doing well enough.

People aren't that naive right? you gotta go in with like 6, 12 issue story arcs planned right? cc.Robinson's Scarlet Witch and early Fraction Hawkeye

yeah but that's the climate at marvel now. short runs and multiple volumes

Carol is a really good example of how, if Marvel wants to actually keep your book alive, you aren't allowed to actually tell solid stories.

KSD writes way better than her Captain Marvel output on average. Maybe it was a fluke, but I figure Marvel Editorial wants weird shit from Carol now, and probably even change their mind all the time. Not to mention with the constant events and everything, there's no time, no opportunity, for Carol to have the kind of longterm development she'd need, that she would've and did get in the past, when books were more isolated and longer running.

Carol can't actually become the character Marvel wants in this environment, not when she's getting jerked around constantly. At this rate, eventually Kamala will get the same treatment. She only got to do her own thing at first because they didn't expect her to do well or blow up across the board.

If they thought Nighthawk would be the next big thing, they certainly wouldn't be letting David Walker go balls to the wall with his stuff there.

I feel like violence like this was probably inevitable. If non-violent methods don't produce any results, someone will try violence. That isn't to praise or understand the action.i.4cdn.org/co/1468024339508.jpg

I can't not imagine that Guy is using his ring to play that version of God Bless America they play at Yankees home games, and not just singing acapella.

For Tony Stark's parents to be Howard and Maria Stark, and for this "adopted" storyline to be as important to the character as that time he turned out to be Kang's bitch.

> 1. Dark Knight III: The Master Race (2015-) #5
> 2. Injustice: Gods Among Us: Year Five (2015-) #28
> 3. Darth Vader (2015-) #22
> 4. Captain America: Steve Rogers (2016-) #2
> 5. Black Panther (2016-) #3
> 6. Spider-Man (2016-) #5
> 7. Extraordinary X-Men (2015-) #11
> 8. All-New, All-Different Avengers (2015-) #11
> 9. Jupiter's Legacy Vol. 2 #1
> 10. Uncanny X-Men (2016-) #9
> 11. East Of West #27
> 12. Spider-Man/Deadpool (2016-) #6
> 13. Captain Marvel (2016-) #6

>01/16 Captain Marvel #1 - 52,972
>02/16 Captain Marvel #2 - 28,962 (-45.4%)
>03/16 Captain Marvel #3 - 28,469 ( -1.7%)
>Captain Marvel 4 25,156
>Captain Marvel 5 23,812

>it's also a CW2 tie in
gross

I have to say I'm morbidly curious to see what a Bendis-penned Crossing would look like.