Is it good? I've read all the books and saw the 2005 film

Is it good? I've read all the books and saw the 2005 film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cLrOPBhFIPE
youtu.be/1Nb7VTuGv-Q
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

NPH sucks and can't act worth shit

I liked it to be honest. I was worried about the blackwashing but it's not that egregious and the weird VFD shit in the background is the only really bad thing about it. Theatre troupe was surprisingly funny too

Puddi looks like "Lemony Snicket", but his voice and narration have nothing on Jude Law. The books are a fine read, but the show drags. 2 hours was as long as this story needed, and instead it's throwing everything in the pot (including some fan fiction).

tl;dr 'no'. Go watch something you haven't seen.

Netflix garbage.

Netflix violet looks like a clone of the movie violet

>those lips

This is true.

>Puddi
That's Patrick Warburton, user.
He's superior to Jude Law in every way.

Puddi was the name of the character he played on Seinfeld.

>he doesn't know Puddi

Seriously go back

Wonder how many men and women were paedoseduced by her charms.... dozens? Hundreds??

If you're a fan it's not too bad.
They do a lot of foreshadowing for later events that wasn't present in the books, but it probably will all work out near the end and avoids an infodump in later episodes.
It's thought out enough and respects the source material enough for a fan of the books to be able to enjoy.

so...the plot is that olaf wants to fuck the loli, right? isn't that kinda too adult for a children's show?

it's good if you read the books

I'm not sure if you haven't since I read the books

No. That's more apparent in the movie than it is in the netflix show

the giant/slow witted of olafs group is pedo though

I liked it a lot as a fan of the books and the movie.

It's not as serious as the movie. Not as dark either but despite that it tackles more mature themes. Despite that I thought it was very enjoyable. Especially seeing the 4th book adapted for the first time

> Not as dark either
Plenty of onscreen deaths and morbid humor like the movie

True. I can agree with that. However, tone-wise the movie is waaaay darker. Compare the introduction of Stephan in the series to the one in the movie. The difference is night and day

youtu.be/cLrOPBhFIPE
youtu.be/1Nb7VTuGv-Q

NPH gets the comic aspect of Olaf, but he doesn't do a good job at capturing the menace.

>and the weird VFD shit in the background is the only really bad thing about it
Yeah, I think they should have kept VFD as more of a shadowy organization.

I hate it. I really fucking hate it. I haven't read the books in ages so I can't really speak to how accurately it sticks to them but in my opinion that should never be the priority of an adaptation anyways. All I know is that the source material was wonderful and the 2005 film is one of the best children's films I've ever seen. This adaptation is horrendous. It's not funny. It's not dark or scary or thought provoking in any way. I don't even know why it exists. Fuck.