We are Robin Storytime

Constant race-baiting has tired me out today so fuck it, let's have a story time about "minorities".

I really liked this book but fell behind and wanna grab the trades.

did it get a nice contained story told?

Yup. Small miracles, some comics barely get six, and this got 12 and a bit of an event.

I wonder what Berjemo would have done with Smiley if he hadn't been cut short.

I never read Synder Batman before DCYou so this series was my first exposure to Duke. Apparently he used to dress like Urkel I guess?

Are you going to include Robin War? I felt like that was actually pretty good, especially when Damian showed up.

Mmmmmaybe. I wanted this to be a Duke storytime, but if enough people want it by then I'll do the entire thing, sure.

I just realized this first issue foreshadows a lot in the book. poor Duke...

First issues down. Feel free to reply with impressions or anything.

so far pretty cool, been meaning to read this

Man this shit is making me kind of nostalgic. Pretty sure We are Robin is one of the first comics I physically bought.

I wish these variants kept up past the first few issues. I love them.

Thanks OP. This book is very underrated.

NP. Storytiming calms me down anyway.

I wonder if this Alfred shit is gonna come up in King's run.

Also I'm pretty sure you never see his right hand in this series, which is a nice artist touch.

The hell did Duke learn to ride a motorcycle?

I doubt stuff from the Superheavy Era will come up.

tumblr pls.

What I want to know is where Alfie got all these costumes. Does he just contact a company to make him a bunch of Robin swag in very specific sizes, or does Wayne Industries hold the copyright on Robin paraphernalia and he just 'borrowed' some?

You're welcome.

DUKE
U
K
E

Man, Omega Men had style. It was way too bleak for me to really enjoy, but it had a lot of style.

I Was Born A Poor Black Child -

Middle class, but close.

Just so you know, in this issue, one of our Robins... will... DIE!

DUN DUN DUN...

good.

Also remember this Redbird16 dude for later.

Great series! Thank you OP

So glad I pulled this and Robin War as it was coming out

the Big Two need more stories that are like this, well-told with good characters and street level

it's a quote from Steve martin in the jerk

It's the eternal comic conundrum. Make good books, that don't sell, or shitty books that everyone hatebuys.
Really? I don't watch many movies, is it good?

I mean he is a theater guy so he probably made them

It sucks this ended before the Robin Joker war.

Would have liked to see that.

Imagining Alfred hand stitching these clothes with one hand is hilarious.
Uh, pretty sure it didn't user.

Lots of good taste going around in this thread.

I liked it, but while it was still finding it's legs, Robin War sucked the life out of it.
It was a mediocre event with a few good parts.

Issue 4, I think, with the different artist, was really nice, and I was genuinely interested in where the Jokerz story would have gone, and if We Are Robin would have been reflected in Batman Beyond as like an anti-gang.

I admit, while I like Duke, I'm pretty sure Izzy is my favorite.

A gang war with superhero flavor sounds really fun. There are bits and pieces of it in the series but it never gets to go full tilt unfortunately.

Sometimes you are blind to how ridiculous comics are until a certain moment. I think Bunnymech Batman beating the shit out of homeless people before telling off a bunch of robin wannabe kids is one of them.

Adios Troy. You risked it, but didn't get the biscuit.

Now for the issue everyone likes.

What's Sup Forums's general opinion on Duke?

What's Sup Forums's opinion on any new character? Majority negative, with the majority of the negative being willful ignorance and ignoring this very comic when making their opinion.