One of something is super strong

>one of something is super strong
>a lot of that same thing is super weak jobbers that get beat with 1 hit.

fucking why? god i hate this trope so fucking much.

remember in justice league: war how the single parademon gave green lantern and batman a fuckton of trouble the first time they saw one, but by the end, when darkseid invaded and there were thousands of them green lantern and batman were just mowing them down?

why is this allowed? its stupid as fuck.

Conservation of Ninjitsu

It's a stupid trope.

im trying to think of a single thing where the hero doesn't, or rather, cant, just mow down dozens of nameless jobbers effortlessly as a way to show how much cooler and stronger they are.

also, why are the 'special, stronger' enemies always defined by some special apperence, like they dont wear helmets, or have some special armor despite not being a different rank than all the nobodys around them.

can anyone think of ANYTHING where the main character can't easily overpower all nameless enemies? where random guys are as much of a threat as anybody else, like in real life?

the only thing i can think of is like a drama, where action isn't the main focus and the main character could get beat up by a couple of random goons.

Group fighting is easier for the single guy where he can do big showy stuff while all the others might hit a friend?

>can anyone think of ANYTHING where the main character can't easily overpower all nameless enemies? where random guys are as much of a threat as anybody else, like in real life?
The episode "Watermelon Steven" in Steven Universe has a bunch of sentient fruit people overpower the Gems who are much more powerful than them.

I thought it was crazy in "Revenge of the Sith" that a bunch of clones brought down so many Jedi with nothing but the element of surprise and greater numbers. Deflecting blaster bolts is usually a piece of cake for Jedi.

I remember this shit happened in the first Hellboy movie and it buged the shit out of me.

Rose Quartz is more powerful than Garnet so it should be possible for her to create beings that are weaker than her yet can beat the shit out of Ameythst and Pearl. Garnet was screwing around in the Watermelon Steven fight infact Garnet ever fights for real in the show.

>why is this allowed?

Lazy writing.

The henchdudes in the Incredibles were shown to be ruthless motherfuckers. They gave the super kids a pretty hard time, and were pretty damn trigger happy.

>can anyone think of ANYTHING where the main character can't easily overpower all nameless enemies? where random guys are as much of a threat as anybody else, like in real life?

The original Die Hard was pretty good about making every fight with the terrorists feel like an actual threat, whether or not they had names.

the gems are jobbers who need stevens help almost every time they're in trouble

>I thought it was crazy in "Revenge of the Sith" that a bunch of clones brought down so many Jedi with nothing but the element of surprise and greater numbers. Deflecting blaster bolts is usually a piece of cake for Jedi.
Jedi get by on using peace and tempering emotion to maintain focus.
If all their troops turn on them after 3 years of fighting by their side on a dime, that's gonna fuck up their focus, emotions, all that.
Being betrayed in general usually has those effects too

It's a video game and maybe it's not canonically so, but a lot of more ordinary enemies in the Ninja Gaiden franchise can give you a lot of trouble unless you git gud.

That shit was so good.

>that whole speech Elasti-Girl gave Dash and Violet about how they wouldn't pause to kill a child

Shit.

>hero is clearing out enemies left and right with ease
>one enemy scores a lucky hit
>hero is down for the count
That ALWAYS bothered me like wtf? Get your ass back up and keep cracking skulls you fuccbitch

Its just bad writing user, the jedi are not even peaceful in the prequels

That doesn't too ridiculous. Maybe the hero is good at dealing damage but not receiving it.

DARK SOULS

I hate it too

Theres this really good moment in one of the DBZ films actually. They spend 2/3rds of the film trying to beat this one robot guy. When they finally do they're beaten and barley able to stand or see.
They look off into the distance and see 50 of the some guy slowly appear on the horizon. Really felt powerful cause you know they weren't one shot Ultron bots.

>Deflecting blaster bolts is usually a piece of cake for Jedi.
And they normally only deflect a couple of people's blaster bolts at a time, not an entire platoon's worth.

>beginning of the show, a small number of a particular enemy is a big problem to deal with
>over time the hero and enemy's power/tech level increases
>towards the end of the show those initial enemies which were a problem now job like bitches due to being outclassed

The trope itself isn't a problem, it's when they don't justify it that it becomes shit.

Dr McNinja had a good arc about that

Sorry, forgot pic

Daredevil season 1 did a pretty good job of making fights interesting.

>have trouble with zaku
>start wiping out everything easily
>get wrekt by a flying head flown by a pedophile
HAH!

Glass cannon.

If someone is strong enough, even if they're not as strong as the person they're hitting, a well placed hit can take someone down

The gundam was old tech halfway through the war. Amuro was just good enough to not die.

Amuro vs Char with suit specs much closer ended up being a stomp with the Nu Gundam

>in justice league: war how the single parademon gave green lantern and batman a fuckton of trouble
That could be seen as facing an unknown quantity. Then later, having taken their measure, the heroes are better able to deal with them.