Who is physically stronger, Spiderman or Thor?

Who is physically stronger, Spiderman or Thor?

Thor

whats his upper limit though. like ive heard some bullshit about spidermans being like 10 tons or something, whats thors?

Unmeasurable. He lifted the fucking midgard serpant.

Thor wears a belt that doubles his strength

the closest thing to a canon power level ranking among characters with "super-strength" Marvel's released. was from a long-ass time ago tho, i'd actually kinda like to see this updated with characters like Sabertooth or Carol included, among others

forgot image

>iron man

Is Ghost Rider still considered to have super strength?

Spider-man once acted as a support pillar in a tunnel holding back the weight of hudson bay.
When Spider-man's power is referenced it's generally the amount he can lift without straining too hard.
Give him some motivation like Saving Aunt May, kittens, or generally just getting him angry and his strength tends to skyrocket.

He's not exaggerating the two seconds bit. It's the only time ever that the Hulk didn't wreck his shit in.

Of course

Everyone complaining about their ranks is hilarious.

I'm not sure that's correct anymore
But it's certainly has the charm of older comics

>just because i'm a woman
Remember when we openly mocked the sjw?

No, he doesn't.

He only wears the belt when it's really needed, like when he had to fight Kurse that time.

Not any more, no. However, he did wear the belt (which is straight out of Norse mythology) for a while in the comics.

i remember these from when i was a kid

spiderman

Thor

did Deapdrool "kill 'em all" in order of powerlevel or appearance I wonder?

My Dad has this issue and it is out dated

It was said at some point (roughly bronze age) that Spidey had the potential to surpass his 10-ton range. My headcanon is that modern Pete is around 20-ton and can go higher when his adrenaline kicks in or the plot demands it.

Thor, but not by much, much like superman, Pete has a sub-conscious restraint on his own strength

Thor's Mythic. He's as strong as strong as the story dictates (literally, the in-universe story).

>spidermans being like 10 tons
That's when he was a teenager.

This image is the first time I'd ever heard of Wonder Man. I found the combination of power-level, dress sense and carefree attitude fascinating.
The fact his MCU moneyshot's going to be a background gag sadden me.

He never really wanted to be in the game anyway. It's too weird.

Seems pretty consistent to me senpaitachi. At least regarding the top tier which is all that matters. :^)
I'd the day the biggest shifts are characters who were brand spanking new when the chart was made. Namely She-Hulk and Cap Britbong. They're heavyweight, easy. Maybe super-heavyweight in Cap's case (with an asterix, like Tony).

How much power creep has the surfer gotten since his inception. Feel like he should definitely be a rank up, if not two.

He never really wanted to be in the game because he's a ball of insecurities. Humanity, Morality, Mortality, they're the cornerstones of Simon's character.
Re-reading this I've just realized why he was so perfect for Carol.

Like he says, they're talking pure muscular DYEL strength. Not power.

I love Simon, especially his friendship with Beast.
>you will never go to jazz clubs with Beast and Wonderman
why live?

And then he died... again

i miss him

Thor's stronger, but Spidey's half a ninja so his power skyrockets when he's acting solo. Also when he's being quiet and stealthy, everyone's fucked

And WHAT a death it was

thor has been known to shatter nearby planets when fighting all-out

spiderman is not on the same level at all

With anyone verses Thor it depends on who's book it is and who is writing the comic.

Its totally legit for spider-man to smack thor into the ground leave Thor dazed and stumbling... or for spider-man to web Thors arms up and keep him trapped.

Cause its Thor. Thor's purpose is to make other heros/villains look good. I say this being a Thor fan. But that's where we are. Though to be fair... Thors been an inconsistent jobber for like 30 years.

The correct answer is Thor though. He has tremendous physical strength and endurance and there is no meaningful upper limit that can be determined. He has regularly displayed strength feats that put him up there with hulk and juggernaut as being the strongest most durable beings beyond walking plot devices like sky fathers and other "cosmic beings."

Who's the guy with glasses in Super Heavyweights?

Wonder Man. We had a little talk about him further down.

like any super heavy weight it depends on if they are on a team or not. When they are on a team they suddenly become very weak/stupid compared to their solo books.

Thor's power literally can't be quantified. He is a god. His existence defies normal physical laws.

Sometimes he is quite vulnerable even to high-end mortal weapons. Sometimes his power is completely transcendent.

here's hoping that GotG 2 makes Marvel bring him back

She-Hulk, Iron Man & Thing are kind of in their own class nowadays between Super Heavyweight & Heavyweight. Each can lift 100+ tons (IM for a limited time), but aren't at Hulk/Thor level

It's not bullshit. Although I understand how years of shitty writing may have thrown you off on how strong Iron Man's supposed to be.

Well, his power source is similar to, or even the same as Count Nefaria...

I had this entire set as a kid. Pretty sure this was the second set of cards. I still use these ratings in my headcanon.

black bolt
kek

Superman.

>Thor, but not by much
This is really wrong. Thor is one of the 3-4 physically strongest regularly appearing characters in Marvel.

Thor is well beyond spiderman. These two characters are interesting in that they both commonly operate at a significantly reduced power level than their maximums. Thor holds the title of "defender of migard" which is earth but also the "realm" which is the dimension earth is native to. Being that he is such a bro, he loves to hang out with humans and as not to interfere with the realm wont open throttle until he has to.
Spiderman has never really been shown to go full tilt. Closest we got was when he went "the spider-mode" on chameleon. While not possessing any one attribute in the top tier, ALL of his attributes are high and coupled with his precog sense, he can defeat high tier opponents regularly- If they wrote him as they should.

So, Jesus is mediumweight, eh?
I was sure he's super heavy. Oh well...

Thor is, among few others from Marvel, beyond "strength" as he operates in "power" territory. Look at pic related - it's not Thor's obviously, but it shows what I mean. It looks like a strength feat, but it isn't, same with Goldilocks lifting Migard Serpent, cracking planets and stuff like this. It's been touched upon in "Thanos Quest" when Thanos acquired Power Gem.