Weekend Sup Forums creation thread

Or /coc/ thread if that's what you look for in the catalog.

Wiki:
the-conservatory.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sup Forumsnservatory_Wiki

Doc:
docs.google.com/document/d/1b_kW_QkFSAeCjGVP51kVG6J10gR8YLStcNpzPh-ARC0/edit

Last weekend's thread:
desuarchive.org/co/thread/84208517/

Last thread:

-New pics of Motion and Motion related characters as well as the application of kinetic energy absorption
-Secret identities, and how there was a big leak of them in the 90s
-More about the AC(oSF)
-Appladay is being popular lately with new pics of his enemies (Lady Lemon, pic related)
-Characters with similar powers and how even similar powers are still different

This was intended for the last couple of threads. Anyway.

I saw that posted on your tumblr shortly after the last thread dropped off.

>wip

That's gotta sting.

So what does Indra do with his time when he's not in his super suit?

He's supposed to be some rich guy who donates to charities as his cover or something, right?
Which charities and how many are covers for something more sinister?

To some extent, it's not a front.
Indra grew up in the parts of the US less tolerant to superhumans, which he was particularly influenced by due to his friendship with Phi and Mu. He's actually somewhat affected personally by the plight of the shunned and outcast members of society, and acts as something of a human rights activist.

He sees his gang as a means by which for the disenfranchised to take back control. A noticeable number of the Livewires are individuals who have lost limbs or suffered other significant quality of life injuries, and he ropes them into joining with the promise of access to advanced prosthetics and other medical care.

It doesn't disguise or excuse the fact he's a thug and a criminal, but it goes to show how he perceives himself.

I can see how he kept getting mixed up with Mighty Goliath back when both of those characters were still relatively devoid of substance.

Does he make sure none of his crew are infected with Machine Cult spyware?

Thinking about it, it seems Indra, Six Feet Thunder, and Mighty Goliath often get mixed up somehow.

Big dudes in blue-black power armor all look alike.

the random button has failed me.

Clearly we need to add more things to the wiki.

I've made some aweome characters for my comic PARADOXE, his name is Roy and is a magic ninja that helps Makisa, the protagonist, defeat the evil organizarion known as C.O.C.K. (lol)

His name is Katashu and is member of C.O.C.K.

so in these threads, mediocre artists just sit around making up OCs, or what?

It's more so discussion of characters that have already been made. We could create new hero's, but it's usually a collaborative process that's helps with a few drawfags present.

your remark seems a bit derisive.

pretty much though

lol
But yeah, wrong thread, chump. This is for already established shit, rather than your own oc shit. The "Donut Steel" threads, or even better, the "How's Your Webcomic" threads are more fitting for you.

what are his powerset?

reminds me of duets early form

That's CEO Slick.

He can shape-shift into a larger, more monstrous form, fire pressurized oil from his body, alter the viscosity of oils making them thicker and harder hitting, create oil constructs.
He also has the super power of being dirty stinking rich.

most of the art here sucks more than mine so

So it's mediocre artists drawing each other's OCs instead of their own. Got it.

That's not really relevant. If someone made a thread about something like Goblins and then you started posting your own stuff, it wouldn't matter that it's probably better than the art of Goblins.

Yeah, pretty much.
There is a vague end goal of them being made into actual comics eventually, but that would require someone stepping up and actually making them.

lol nah

So that's the take on Orange, huh?

Teal is some kind of big ball of wings and eyes last I saw it talked about.

It's a ball of wings that nobody knows what's inside. However, it's supposed to be so much the definition of "perfect" that you can't even see the seams between its feathers. If even a single feather is visible, something bad is going to happen.

I never imagined it being THAT perfect in its symmetry.

I think the thing with Teal might be more the Immaculate Structure it resides in than the demon itself.
That thing is probably like a prison.

It's kind of funny how you can tell which were designed together in packs because of design cohesion.

Which ones were designed around the same time?

The jester is shorter than I thought he'd be, but then again he is a trickster... on top of being a right bastard.

Duke, Jester, and Runekeeper got their designs pretty much at the same time. I'm pretty sure Lady and Maestro also were made at the same time.

I'd assume he pretends to be very small.

The only previous pics of Duke and Rune are from this line up.

If I remember correctly, the order would be:
>Boss and technically Hank
>The Lonely King, the Glutton Lord and the Blissful Lady
>The Fire Witch
>The Somber Maestro, the Wavering Mason, and the Yellow Jester
>The Runekeeper and the Duke
>The Devout Symphony and the Moribund Marquise

There's was some time between Lonely and the next two.

The idea started with Boss Imp and Lonely King about a year after.

I probably should update the wiki entry on the 12 demon kings some time later tonight.

I don't frequent these threads, but I like the look of this character. Name?

Delta, agender shapeshifter

That's Delta, a shapeshifter. The name comes from the usage of the symbol Delta to represent change. As a shapeshifter, Delta is known to frequently switch between male and female on a whim. Characteristically, Del doesn't take heroic work or even daily life very seriously. As a self-styled artist and actor, Delta has a rather dramatic and theatrical personality.

here's a gal I drew last night out of boredom
I call her Flatilda Woods, pretty self explanitory of what she is
she has weak little baby legs so she floats everywhere in a floating chat resembling a skirt

>tfw the wrestling AU never got fleshed out

neat, but not really the thread for this
still, real good looking take on that urban legend

are there really no work on your art threads, or oc threads, active right now?

Good. That's was a dumb concept. It would work better as part of her trek, where she stumbles into a town where the only law is the law of the ring.
Or it's all part of an infiltration gig.

Or being discarded entirely. Much like Breast Quest as a whole.

I think it's fine for this thread.

We're not doing enough in it to justify telling people posting their art to go elsewhere.

BQ is still talked about like 4 years later, that's pretty damn good staying power. BQ is the best thing Sup Forums has ever done imo.

It's been 2 years, not 4.

I still want to try getting the next page of the comic drawn in the drawthreads, but I don't feel like posting that request every single thread.

>That's was a dumb concept.
It was fun, though, which is what really matters.

I do wish we'd gotten at least one pic of Audrey as Briana's number-one fan.

Probably as close as you're gonna get.

Yes, and I was thrilled to see that get done.

They're just so damned adorable together.

They do complement each other well. I guess Colette would be Chunners?

We've got an obvious Poison.

/d/-tan?

Because I know there's pics of her dressed as Poison.

Think.

Motion.

MLP is still talked about, I dunno if that's a qualifier of quality.

Ah.

In defense of my denseness, there is more than one pic of /d/-tan dressed as Poison with Sup Forumslette.

Well good luck not dying in the night thread.

Isn't mannish enough.

love it, whats her story?

I can see Ma'm as the Akuma to Briana's Ryu.

Who would Delta be since Delta can freely change form?

Does Street Fighter have any full-blown shapeshifters?

I don't know.

I just know Delta can do stuff like this without any difficulty at all.

Twelve.

What is Strawman's deal anyway?

So is this place only for drawings? Where do you go if you write stories?

It is for both. It's easier to repost drawings to try and drum up conversation that to repost entire stories.

I write stories with characters in these threads sometimes.

Stories are fine in these threads, just be prepared to not get much attention for them.

What would happen if Delta met Ma'am Aries?

Made a new one

I feel like they'd get along, other than being on opposite sides of the hero/villain game.

Delta is rather neutral in the whole super shenanigans game, I think all Delta really does is sometimes stand in for Motion to make sure her secret identity isn't compromised.

Delta is positive neutral and Ma'am is negative neutral?

>Delta is rather neutral in the whole super shenanigans game, I think all Delta really does is sometimes stand in for Motion to make sure her secret identity isn't compromised.

Not exactly. Delta's stake in heroism is personal, and at first, the only contributions to playing hero are ones that Delta believes will contribute towards resolving that stake. Del is neutral by way of not being particularly concerned with crime as a whole at first.

You have me super curious about all these plot ideas, but at the same time I feel like if you just tell us all about them then you might lose motivation to draw them.

It's like how I have many ideas about the AC(oSF), but no way to act on them and so I never get into what plots I come up with for that group in these threads.

One of the ideas I had for the AC(oSF) involved the mysterious new group known as "The Bomb Squad" going around causing trouble and the AC(oSF) meeting the new hero, Bombastic, who is trying to stop them for very personal reasons.

But that plot would need to come after CEO Slick is established.

Because I think Bombastic's plot line works better as part of another plot line than as a standalone.

It's like how Six Feet Thunder was integrated into the Motion plot.

I think they'd fit well into the Stretcherous plotline. They're manufactured superhumans, like Stretch and her sister. We've already connected a dot since the tentative lead Stretch gets on her sister comes from meeting Bombastic in the Sup Forumsve undercity fighting ring. The loyal members of the Bomb Squad are probably still working for the company that produced them all, and so Bombastic and Stretch have a reason to ally up.

I always figured the Aqua Teens would interact with those guys at some point. When Slick gets involved they're liable to have a stake.

Wonder if any of the Bomb Squad are water soluble.

The problem is that's the same plot as Bombastic meeting the AC(oSF).

And since the Bomb-Squad were made by Slick, it'd make more sense for them to be introduced in an Aqua Coalition plot.

See, my idea for the AC(oSF) goes like this

>Diving Belle becomes a full member of the Justice Coalition, puts out some fires, then goes off into the Pacific ocean on her own looking for leads on what happened to her dad
this is the whole assembling the team starter issues
>Diving Belle and Caliber team up to bring down the League of Evil Surfers
>Spearhead finds Jellybro just drifting aimlessly in the ocean while going after Belle, brings him back to shore, pins Levi to the wall, goes back out following Belle
>Belle and Caliber meet Reef, help him fight a tentacle shark monster, teamwork sucks until Spearhead arrives and co-ordinates them
ream is now assembled, then they
>Spearhead begins training them all to work as a team
>Bloom encounter from a few threads ago happens
>Aftermath of that and getting the victims restored to normal while investigating who reactivated the lab
>Bloom reestablishes the hive mind and now they've gotta go after her again
>Bloom + investigations lead them to whoever Slick was before becoming slick
>Zombie jellyfish attack the oil rig he's visiting because he's an egotistical ass
>Oil monster released, AC defeat it, a drop of it lands on Slick who gets off scott free because evidence destroyed
>CEO Slick is born when it takes over his body and his own horror show begins
Bloom arc ends with the birth of CEO Slick, then there's room for other stuff to happen before we get into the bomb arc
>Slick acquires Bombastic's old suit
>Learns of a new power to create soldiers when his oil mixes with the residue in the suit
>Each have unique powers, suits them up and sends them out to capture Bombastic to make a huge army of supers to do his bidding and corner the market
>AC(oSF) and Bombastic need to team up to stop this

How about introduction in the Aqua Coalition, resolution in Stretch.

No, it's more likely to start with Stretch, then conclude with the AC(oSF).

I really hate those kinds of cross comics though since they always feel so uncoordinated.
Like in the Green Lantern run in recent years they'd have a shit load of plots running and set something up in one issue only for some big crossover happening in some other series to cause them to cancel their plans in the issue they set up the things in.

Like when Atrocitus gained possession of The Butch (red entity that powers all their rungs), he was going to go fuck Guy's shit up with it (Guy was the new leader of the Reds at the time), but then a crossover in another issue meant they had to pull The Butcher from Atrocitus and cancel all those plans.
That kind of thing always pissed me off since it was so unsatisfying.

Now the issue here is, in the AC(oSF) story line during what I'm calling the "Bomb Arc" the stuff with Stretch would've already happened.

But what happened with Bombastic and Stretch? They fought in the Sup Forumsve hanger fights for whatever sport can be found there, but what leads those two to buddying up to fight the Bomb-Squad? And what causes Stretch to bail before the job is done?

I figure Slick will change tactics after he fails to capture Bombastic and instead will have the Bomb-Squad committing crimes to lure him into a trap.

And I've been awake too long based on all those typos.

Still so much more time until my day is over...

I like those designs

>what leads those two to buddying up to fight the Bomb-Squad? And what causes Stretch to bail before the job is done?

I'm thinking that part of Stretch's story takes her back to the facility she was born at, and Bombastic tags along.

We haven't really setup Bombastic's plotline too much, but we have at least one key event. We know he starts of somewhat villainous until he ditches the original suit that was made for him. If the stuff involving Stretch happens first, we could have him suited up as a villain to start with and remodel himself while he's helping Stretch out with whatever it is she's doing in the facility.

That opens the route for Slick to get his old suit and use it to engineer the others.

How did Slick find the abandoned lab?
How did he reach it to reactivate it despite the traps any mad scientist would doubtless have?

This is hinting at some skills Slick may have beyond his business acumen and oil parasite.

The Satsui No Hadou in the hands of Ma'am isn't a pleasant thought. I guess then there'd be "Evil Bri".

Assuming we go with there's a decent chance the facility will have been wrecked to all hell. Slick can just step in with funding for a company that desperately needs it, or even a buyout.

So Bombastic is fighting in the hangers while still in his old suit, but why does he tag along with Stretch?

Is he just hoping to find something that might help him restore his body and this is as good a place to start as any?

He had the super power of money long before his oil powers.

He might also have ties to old supervillainy, or have bought something that had a map of all the old labs and noticed some of them where never raided by the good guys or Carver Medical when they were riding on Korr's old research.

Different abandoned labs.

There's the lab that Stretch was born(?) at and there's the underwater lab in the Bloom story of the AC(oSF) that was like a side-project lab of Korr's or Barracuda's that's old and was never found by the heroes.

I suppose Slick could buy the lab Stretch was born at and get Bombastic's old suit as well since he left it there. Then he has the newly bought lab re-staffed and uses it to fit the Bomb-Squad with plans to expand from there.

>>Is he just hoping to find something that might help him restore his body and this is as good a place to start as any?

Maybe word gets to Stretch that he might know something about the facility, but he doesn't really know enough to find it himself. Stretch eventually gets the actual location and he's eager to join in on a visit. Could be that he's looking for something specific, but it could also just be that he wants answers.

>He had the super power of money long before his oil powers.
>He might also have ties to old supervillainy, or have bought something that had a map of all the old labs and noticed some of them where never raided by the good guys or Carver Medical when they were riding on Korr's old research.

I'm seeing potential for him to be really smart and resourceful in his own right, to make him into the Sup Forumsverse's Lex Luthor, only, you know, oilier.

Slick for president

I also feel it's worth reiterating that Slick was still human during the events of that underwater lab.

Don't need confusion over the timeline.

So we're first introduced to Bombastic while he's still in his huge suit and fighting in a Sup Forumsve hanger fight against Stretch.
Is this an early Stretch story before she goes off on her crazy adventure?

Who gave Bombastic his original bulky suit? Sup Forumsntainment? Someone else?
It seems like we're leaning to him getting the slimmed down one from the lab he visits with Stretch.

Just had a thought.

The whole reason why Slick buys the lab that Bombastic and Stretch were at is because he wants a place on his payroll to research his condition.

>Who gave Bombastic his original bulky suit? Sup Forumsntainment? Someone else?

Presumably the lab that created him. They wanted him as a weaponized superhuman, but he got away (he might have escaped during some sort of transfer, to explain how he knows the general region but not actual location of their lab).

I think it was floated at one point or another that part of the reason Blackstrap visited Chicago was that the company responsible for Stretch, her sister, and Bombastic is the same one responsible for Rime, Toxique and Volt. Probably different labs under the same company.