What does Sup Forums think of the new Hillenburg episodes of Spongebob?

What does Sup Forums think of the new Hillenburg episodes of Spongebob?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=r6ajMk5dKtw
twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/715550821203574787
twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/747538343286628353
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Has Tom Kenny unfucked his Spongebob voice? He can still do the old one, he did it at a con not long ago.

Yeah, kinda.

At what point did they ACTUALLY start with him back? I keep seeing conflicting info.

Haven't seen them.

window.alert("test")

What do YOU think about them OP?
I probably haven't seen them

That's an obscure opinion

"Lost in Bikini Bottom" was the first episode with him back. The entire writing team was replaced as well.

Well, they're a far cry from the classics, but they're certainly a lot better than the post-first movie episodes. The characters have stopped acting like complete caricatures of themselves and the gross-out humor that everyone has come to loathe has been phased out entirely. On the flipside, the humor is kinda hit-or-miss. As a whole, I'd say it's around S4's level of quality.

Probably my favourite episode of the bunch was Two Thumbs Down, so give that a watch if you want to give the show one last chance.

There's going to be a Spongebob "bomb" this week as well, so keep an eye out for that.

>Spongebob "bomb"
fuck you CN for creating this schedule

Writing wise who knows: It was confirmed that hellenburg came back janurary 15 (production wise), and in december of 14 writer Jack Pendarvis mentioned that he finsished his 7th script, so writing wise only the last episodes were written after hillenburg returned

>The entire writing team was replaced as well.
not entirely but the way episodes were written was changed up
The show is no longer board driven, it's script driven. Most of the board directors have left anyways, but there's still some old writers left:

Derek Iversen (post-movie outline writer), Mr. Lawrence (who had returned to the show back in season 7), and Kaz (who returned to the show with this season, so he is semi-new) write the outlines. The most prominent script writers are Jack Pendarvis, Kyle McCulloch, and Kaz

>Not SpongeBomb
S m h t b h

SpongeBob did it way before CN even did bombs.
youtube.com/watch?v=r6ajMk5dKtw

Has season 10 started yet?

Are they still sticking to the 1-2 new episodes aired per year? Are they even done with the latest season yet? I remember we were in season 9 or something for like 3 years.

2014 was the only year that they did that because production of the season halted because of the 2nd move: those 2 along with an episode that premiered in early 2015 were finished back in 2013

It was very good. I even like the army of Spongebob episode.

I remember this

Pretty ok. Larry's Gym was pretty close to being spot on.

What? Are you all saying the original team is back doing SB again? Are there any links to said episodes?

I like them a lot. I'd also put it at about Season 4. Maybe even better.

But I like all of Season 9, not just the Hillenberg ones. Stuff like Jailbreak, Safe Deposit Krabs and Gary's New Friend are underrated.

Nick in general has started airing a lot of episodes for shows. They've done like 15 episodes or more recently.

the pacing is still fucked up

Nope. Still in S9.

Going through the new episodes right now, and I'm reminded why Sandy is best girl.

I hope S10 start now.

Apparently they're going to change up the animation, so I'm excited to see what they do with it.

The show already looks much better than Tibbitt's seasons.

Actually some original guys are returning but not others: Hillenburg returned (though I think only the latest few episodes were written after he returned), Sherm Cohen (boarder on season 1, storyboard supervisor for seasons 2-season 4's mermaid man and barnacle boy episode) returned, Kaz (boarder on season 3) returned as an outline and script writers, and probably a few others, and Mr. Lawrence (outline writer during the classic seasons) had already returned back in season 7. some of the new guys have connections to spongebob as well: Kyle McCulloch had written the outline for an early season 4 episode (during that part that still felt kinda like the classic seasons), while Jack Pendarvis works with Kent Osborne on Adventure Time and was a personal friend of his prior

source?

Where can we watch new episodes anyways?
I'm kinda interested now

twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/715550821203574787

>He can still do the old one, he did it at a con not long ago.

Link please?

wait holy shit they're rebooting the show?

and they censored out the first episode title in a script picture he posted one day

what the hell is going to happen

When he said "reboot", I think he meant changing up the style of writing and animation, some of which we have already seen in the most recent episodes.

twitter.com/VincentWaller72/status/747538343286628353

From season 9, Evil Spatula, Plankton's Pet, Pull Up a Barrel, Patrick: The Game, Eek an Urchin!, and Married to Money are all GOAT tier.

>Married to Money
it's sad because that's the first time in years they've talked about krabs being single, it ended sad

It's still shit.

Sandy's recent episodes are fucking great, yeah. Sandy and Patrick have the biggest improvement.

Kisscartoon. Duh.

Patrick the Game, Squid Plus One and Executive Treatment are legitimately the absolute best the show has been since Season 3. All 100% classics.

Season 10 marks a change in showrunners: The showrunners are gonna be Vincent Waller (who was the Creative director for post-movie spongebob), and Marc Ceccarelli (who was a boarder on seaosns 8 and pre-movie 9 and then went on to board on Uncle Grandpa

Prepare for sandy to be restored to her former glory :3

i want to fuck sandy

SOMEONE LINK ME TO THESE NEW EPISODES :O

futa sandy best girl

>What does Sup Forums think of the new Hillenburg episodes of Spongebob?
Who told you these are Hillenburg episodes? Aren't these holdovers?

and besides you people champion the success of Spongebob on Hillenburg way too much, he's been gone for 10 years, They've shown they can be good without him and the ones that started airing in July last year are pretty funny. They're not 1-3 good, but about as good as 4.

I am disturbed yet curious

I remember Spongebob having bombs back in like the late 2000s, Spongebob did it before it was cool dude

They're not holdovers (the only holdovers were the 2014 episodes and Yeti Krabs) but it's true that most of them were written before hillenburg returned

I'm loving the recent episodes, they are about Season 4 quality!

Too bad nobody will care because 'muh lore'

>49 posts
>0 images

Well done, Sup Forums

Here you go (I don't have any SB related pics)

Alone

Who the fuck cares about Spongebob lore?

They're pretty awful.

I was saying that people care more about lore shows nowadays and Spongebob has no lore to speak of

I found myself laughing at the show for the first time in a long time during this season
but i couldn't tell if i was just making myself laugh out of wanting it to do well now that Hillenburgs back
kinda like how i try to convince myself dc movies are good

Which season had the gag where sbongebob says i "i need to tinkle!" and we see him ringing a bell instead of pissing?
that joke still makes me laugh

Looking at the writers from 2015 on, it's nice to see people like Cervas, Alexander, Mitchell, banks, Gill, Cash, Tucker, Brookshier, King and Michaeli FINALLY out. Whether they're still onboard the crew in different capacities I don't know.

But bringing back old crew isn't going to magically fix Spongebob's big problem. It's run out of inspiration. I honestly don't think there's a way to make these characters funny or interesting again. They're past their use by date.

Of course Nickelodeon is going to keep ordering more because it babysits kids and sells merchandise but I don't think a show this far gone can ever be funny again.

Just my opinion, won't be watching.

I was skeptical too, but I've watched a few of the episodes recommended and it's actually surprisingly good. They seem to have forgotten how to end an episode, but I've laughed a lot.

>they seem to have forgotten how to end an episode
The episode endings have already been ruined by the credits showing up early desu
you know exactly when the ending will come now based on how long the credits have been rolling
no more abrupt ending jokes for you

>Mr. Lawrence
Plankton's VA can't really leave the show though.

he had stopped writing between seasons 2 and 7

Darn, I liked the funnel.

thanks mister Hillenburg

>Lost in bikini bottom

The one where sponge bob wanted to take a shortcut? I remember, that episode was actually funny

>Gary's new friend

Is that the one with the fucking monster shit that sponge on becomes ignorant about?

I didn't watch anything just yet, but I figured given how good the Sponge out of water movie turned out that they would be better

I think that a lot of the problems people have with the writing of post-movie spongebob fall on the outline writers (Banks, Michaeli, Pursel, Shaw, and Ivesen) than the boarders. Take Aaron Springer for example: He boarded many of the great classic episodes (with Greenblatt, but due to how the storyboarder set up back then Greenblatt was subordinate to Springer), yet his post movie work consists of a mix of "good by post-movie standards" (like Handsome Squidward) and infamous stinkers (like house fancy and penny foolish)

I think there was a bit of a negative synergy honestly, as Mr. Lawrence outlined some huge stinkers (like squid baby) and a lot of the non-spongebob stuff the various post-movie only writers have done have been decent

Post 2nd movie has the show be script driven, so the boarders are a moot point now

forgot to link

Better than season 6

Season 6 was a load of trash, literally the only good episode was the sandcastle battle

what is this about?

>this ONE FUCKING GUY who comes in every spongebob thread and catalogs every writer's work on every episode

Hey now
I do it with other shows as well, primiarly SU and AT

This user isn't wrong. Some episodes feel like nothing happened but oh it's over now. Others feel like a lot happened but they didn't tie it together at the end so oh it's over now. Plus some episodes just have nonsequitor THE END jokes.

Maybe the show will stop taking place in the Krusty Krab every fucking episode.

Maybe they'll fire whatever retard is in charge of art and designing ugly, jarring side characters.

Maybe the producers will realize Spongebob doesn't have to cry five times every 11 minutes.

Maybe all of the gross-out will be thrown into the garbage since not even kids like it.

Maybe the characters will be characters again and not Le Plot Device Squirrel or Le Heartless Kike Crustacean.

Maybe Squidward will actually receive punishment for his own hubris rather than because the universe just despises him.

Maybe everyone in the world will pool together to make a giant eighteen-story tall bowl of potato salad and end world hunger.

Have you watched any of the new episodes?

No, I made up all of that shit based on absolutely no familiarity with Spongebob whatsoever. None of it bears any reflection on reality, new modern Spongebob is amazing and perfect.

I think he was asking if you watched any of the post-2nd movie episodes

I'm just saying, this thread is about Hillenburg episodes and most of your complaints sound like non-Hillenburg episodes.

so it's literal autism

What was the last good episode of spongebob, Sup Forums?

Any of the previous nine, give or take.

s03e20

regularly? sometime early season 4

It wasn't a video, sorry. I meant when I met him there, I asked him to do the season 1 Spongebob voice.

So only the 4 first seasons of spongebob are worth it right?
I'm thinking about dling that shit

>cool

FIRMLY GRASP IT

First 3 are godly, 4 and 5 are ok (half decent, half stinkers), and a few episodes of 6-8. Season 9 is getting a lot better based on what i've heard.

A little shaky on the entry...BUT JUST LOOK AT THAT FORM!

>mfw Spongebob is the only long running show that went to shit and that actually went back to being good again.

Dude, Kisscartoon.

SpongeBob is cancer

Ew no that's gay. I only like them as friends.

>references a shitty book series

You need to purged for spreading your autism

>Aqua Teen

How long has it been good again?
I want to know where to start watching

What does Sup Forums think of the new episodes? Sup Forums in general hates Spongebob now and dislikes the episodes and show without having seen them.

I personally think of them as really refreshingly good to see after 10 years of mediocrity

The