Why is the Alien franchise more loved than the Predator franchise, if all the movies after Aliens are shit...

Why is the Alien franchise more loved than the Predator franchise, if all the movies after Aliens are shit? At least none of the Predator films were crap, even Predators was ok.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YRD8jAk274I
youtube.com/watch?v=BEAOQw4QaP4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Aliens was action movie shit and all the characters were shit

The first and best Predator movie was a b-movie and reveled in it. The franchise has never aspired to anything higher.

Alien was one of the best movies ever made, and no amount of shitty sequels can take away that accomplishment. It also has a more iconic monster.

Predator universe is boring.

>Alien was one of the best movies ever made
I love Alien as much as the next guy but you need start watching more films if you actually think that

I mean the second predator was going down the right path, making it more of a crime investigation but they fucked up with the whole 'black angry man beats everything'. Like it has the premise of being a good horror/thriller but 10 minutes into the predator movies they're revealed and you see it from their perspective and shit no bueno.

>Predator universe is boring.
What "universe" the only attempt at establishing lore was in like two scenes of Predator 2

>best predator in worst flick of the franchise
what did they mean by this?

I prefer the Predator movies. I grew up watching those quite a bit. Alien is great and I never really cared for Aliens or any of the other sequels. Just not my thing.

Predators just aren't as creepy as Aliens

Alien has two great movies that were cultural phenomenons, Predator has the first one, a shitty sequel and a mediocre reboot.

I don't get why there aren't a shitload of Predator movies. All you have to do is pick a time period and a place and drop a Preadator in.

>Why is the Alien franchise more loved than the Predator franchise

>Alien franchise
>two great movies

>Predator franchise
>one very good movie

I wonder why.

youtube.com/watch?v=YRD8jAk274I

This fan film is pretty good. I wish we good more Predator movies set in the past. Any era, really.

Aliens > Predator > Alien > Predator II > Alien Ressurection > Alien 3 > AVP

Yautja please go, we can tell it's you

>Alien Resurrection over anything

The first Predator featured the best action stars of the 80s and was entertaining. The other Predators sucked

Somehow I doubt that would happen like that if the back of his skull was completely blown away.

Kinda ruined the whole movie.

Because the cast of the first film is more compelling than the Predator is

I'd take Resurrection over any of the AvP movies.

>predator 2 sucked

okay then that just reinforces his point further.

>SEE WE ARENT SO DIFFERENT AFTER ALL

fuck off

Yes. Danny Glover is a shitty action star w/out Mel Gibson, Gary Busey was entertaining for the

youtube.com/watch?v=BEAOQw4QaP4

christ i remember cringing at this as a small kid. this was one of the first times i ever cringed at a movie. he just punches the wall awkwardly and it falls down

This might be overselling Alien, but this is generally close to the truth. The Predator itself has a great design, but even then its appeal lies in a kind of pulpy coolness. Alien has that as well, but consider how much the design of the monster in that movie lends to and defines the themes of it. It's just a more compelling and better crafted movie, right down to Giger's weirdness.

i agree with you guys

Predator was propped up as much by Arnie and the Sexual Tyrannosaurus's as it was the monster. The humans in Alien and to a lesser extent Aliens were a lot more inconsequential, and the monster works both in horror and action contexts. Predator is is a thinking hunter like us that we inherently "get" a lot more, so the humans have to do a lot more lifting in terms of carrying the movie.

HAHAHAAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAAAHAHAHA

What movie is this?

>ugly ass predator
>sleek built for sex killer queen alien
Come on now.

Because the Alien universe has lore, HR Giger's unique aesthetic, and an iconic franchise lead in Ripley.

Predator II is truly underrated. I actually liked it more than the original because you have more Predator lore at the end.

Alien Resurrection obviously

>Predator 2 contrarians
Don't get it and I doubt I ever will. It's just so uninspired and generically Hollywood-feeling compared to the first one.
It's a serviceable movie but can't measure up to Predator at all in my opinion.

>tfw saw alien vs predator before any alien or predator movies

I did not have high expectations for any movies in the original series, so alien totally blew me away, one of my favorite all time films

Never really liked original predator, aliens was decent but not in the same plane as alien