Are Chinese moviegoers Sup Forums's greatest enemy?

Are Chinese moviegoers Sup Forums's greatest enemy?

They're the main reason movies are so dire now.

lazy to pass the buck when American audiences do nearly the same amount of harm in most cases

just because they passed on Mummy and Transformers 5 doesn't mean they're blameless

While americans watch Marvel, Medea, Fast and Furious, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Disney Pixar rehashes.

Definitely, but I feel like the shift to more robot and superhero spectacle with sploding cities was mainly to cross the language gap and because the Chinese love stupid giant robot shit like that.

This, transformers is the same shit as Star Wars and capeshit now

Isn't all that even bigger with the Chinese?

That's all partly what I'm entailing here.

I'm making this thread half-jokingly of course, I like the Chinese. But I do think as far as this terrible audience-driven approach to creation, the Chinese are not exactly having a good influence here.

China hated TFA so the next Star Wars movie to be released there performed poorly, so they're on their way to getting better

China doesn't like the new Star Wars movies, Harry Potter can't enter the country and most Marvel movies underperform there. The only franchise of those that they like is Fast and Furious. They're just as shitty as americans, they're just of a different kind and much more numerous.

Yeah but if the studio wants to pander to chinks they won't cast niggers in their movie so that's a pretty massive plus point

>China doesn't like the new Star Wars movies, Harry Potter can't enter the country and most Marvel movies underperform there.

Really! Definitely some points in their favor.

I guess the blame is on the morons in general, and the shameless hacks who take a shit on our culture to pander to them (I mean, I already knew that, just wanted to consider this issue more)

>I like the Chinese.

don't, they are less than animals and the planet should team up to exterminate them.

Not in my experience. I've met a lot of real sweethearts.

They're actually the greatest asset. They want old school manly action flicks, not nu-mouse bullshit.

It's not the moviegoers fault as much is it is the fault of the studio suits trying to slobber all over the Chinese moviegoers cocks
Their clumsy attempts to appease the Chinese audience are embarrassing

I remember Iron Man 2 or 3, or maybe another Marvel movie of that era actually had a different cut of the movie in China, where they added a famous chinese actor to a scene (some kind of party) and made him interact with Tony Stark a few times to try to appeal to that market.

Unbelievable.

it's actually everyone but white people that dumbs down movies. we get dumb black and pandering black and spanish characters in narratives that one track chink minds can absorb for a few hours before they step back out in the smog

>Red Letter Media
>not joking, Jay says "I have this theory that I think is true, they're dumbing down the plot and explaining every little detail so that it's easier for the foreign market to follow"

Are they actually retarded? Do they think people have to somehow watch it in english without subs or something, with their broken engrish?

>we get dumb black and pandering black and spanish characters

You can really see which big movies are aiming for these black and hispanic audiences too *cough Michael Bay* and it the IQ of the movie always drops to about 80.

>Americans unironically think that American (((cinema))) isn't the dumbest cinema on the planet
If you can follow local chinkflicks, why wouldn't you be able to follow mouseshit?

I would have thought China would love Harry Potter seeing as they're so obsessed with British culture. But then again, it's probably banned because of the magic.

They'll watch anything since it's an excuse to sit in a movie theater with good air conditioning and not having to make shoes in poor working conditions for 2 hours.

ask all your normie friends what they like watching in movies, and see if the east really is the problem

hear their responses, I asked my sister what she wanted to watch, and just guess what she said, out of all the shitty movies out.

China is saving flicks, more sci fi and action, less garbage crime and drama that we were inundated with for decades

the sci fi and action was better before, and I WISH they'd make more drama and crime movies again

I'd get mad about how shit the average blockbuster is if it weren't for the fact that I've pirated almost every film I've seen over the past 10 years.

At this point I've accepted that I'm not at all their target audience. None of us are. So we deserve it.

The Chinese are the world's greatest enemy on all fronts alongside the Jews.

Dude that's fucking pathetic. Chinese probably just watch flicks to be entertained for a couple hours. Here you are expecting every film to be an art master piece or something. They see the truth, movies are for childish fun. You take it way too seriously. You realize Sup Forums critiques film as satire right? Maybe r/films is more your speed.

I'm pretty sure that's right. They banned Harry Potter for magic in china. Why does that last sentence make me laugh so much.

Oh yeah it's not like Americans aren't watching nothing but capeshit or kiddy animation trash. The only Blockbuster worth anything this year is Apes and maybe Dunkirk

well?