Why has there never been another Star Trek animated series?

Why has there never been another Star Trek animated series?

Other urls found in this thread:

startrekff.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because Roddenberry died.

There almost was one years ago. Actually looks kinda neat. startrekff.com/

>yfw the two ayy lmaos replace Anton Yelchin in 2Trek 2Furious 4.

Because Viacom and CBS can't get their shit together and work as one for some retarded reason(too many cooks in the kitchen). It like the left hand and right hand don't know what the other is doing and can't formulate a proper action.

>In 1994, Viacom bought Paramount, the home of Star Trek. In 2000, Viacom bought CBS. The Star Trek television series were put under the auspices of CBS Television and the movies remained with Paramount Pictures. This made perfect sense. Paramount Pictures understood film and CBS understood television. Both were under Viacom.

Then, in 2005, the Viacom board voted to split Viacom into two companies to increase share value. One company would be designed for growth investors and the other for value investors. Their analysis determined that Paramount Pictures should go into the growth company and CBS into the value company.

The result is Star trek films are in one and TV in the other.

>Because Roddenberry died
That didn't stop Enterprise from being made.

There was a Star Trek comic series. It was pretty good.

there have been dozens of Star Trek comics

>M'Ress finally appears in live action
>it's just a chick wearing brown makeup and a buttplug tail

youtube.com/watch?v=QrGrOK8oZG8

I loved the character designs, but the ship design is horrific.

The story also sounded a little too grimdark for Star Trek, but it sounds kinda interesting.

>In this series, the Federation would have fought a war with the Romulans, ending in the 2460s. This war would have been started by unknown persons using a surprise attack of Omega particle detonations. Vast areas of the galaxy would be considered impassable due to these detonations. This causes a split between the two halves of the Federation. During the Federation-Romulan War, Qo'noS was taken over by the Romulan Star Empire, Andoria was destroyed, and Vulcans left the Federation (they were negotiating reunification)

>In this environment, the crew of the Enterprise, led by Captain Alexander Chase, would attempt to bring back the old days of "seeking out new life and new civilizations." This Enterprise would be a Bismarck-class cruiser that fought in the Federation-Romulan War, and under Chase would start out as a border patrol ship. The ship would have a complement of Dragonfly-type craft capable of travel through the Omega distortions. The crew would include Commander Barric Holden (executive officer), Lieutenant Kaylen Donal (security chief), Lieutenant Commander "Mr. Zero" (chief engineer), and Protocol Officer William Preston.

>she's done 100% via CG

>she looks worse than the cat people from Avatar

I like the ship's design, it emphatize the fact it has nothin pacific to do

And the plot does sound grimdark but I think the whole point of the show was to redeem characters from their grimdarkness as they learned to do stuff pacificly.

It certainly is more militaristic, like an aircraft carrier mated to the offspring of a battleship and a hammerhead shark.

I would love to know more about Arex's culture, and his species' bology.

This shit is better than the Original Trek.

You shut your whore mouth

i wonder this too

like within the last 20 years it wouldnt have been hard to get the original VAs and it would probably be more dignified than that shitty reality show shatner was in where they conned same hick town in iowa

It was better than most of season 3

To be fair, Lost In Space was better than most of Season 3.

Oh yeah.
Sup Forums would have loved this.

>642x744

didn't mean to greentext
whatever

Last one

Clothes are too tight.

Jax is my waifu

Because lightning doesn't strike twice. it would be shit, guarenteed. Be thankful.

sounds fucking garbage

Reminder that they already showed her species in the second movie and they were nowhere near furry enough.
Kirk banged Caitian twins.

Shit tier alien designs. It's just a blobby half-asian girl with a CG tube on her ass.

There's no way that's a Caitian.

Voyager should have been a TAS

Sad but true

Can you confirm that the creatures we see with Kirk during his off-hours on Earth are Caitians?
LINDELOF: You mean the women with the tails?
Yes, this is the species that Lt. M'Ress was, from The Animated Series.
LINDELOF: Yes, we can confirm this.

Voyager should have been a lot of things.

KILL JJ ABRAMS

Yeah, like cancelled

FUCK.

I have decided to ignore Lindelof, on the grounds that that makes absolutely no fucking sense whatsoever