JSA Storytime: JLI

Good evening owls of Sup Forums,

Let's read at least one

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/751900642806038529
amazon.com/Slammed-Substantial-Amount-Generated-Pounded-ebook/dp/B01HWROW0W
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I say at least one because who has two thumbs and has been putting some must-do shit off?

Fuck off, faggot.

Now what could be more important than this OP?:D

You're not the usual faganon :(

M-maybe he's trying something new? You know, to mix things up a bit?

>And then I threw a rock at him!

Hello Storyteller.

I-is this what it's like to have air conditioning? It feels so... nice to no longer feel myself dying.

M-maybe you should knock off that stuttering bullshit from Sup Forums, you fucking dumbass?

AC is love, AC is life, after many a summer without it at my place of residence NEVER AGAIN.

Hey, that's not our normal Cranky, either.

We already have a resident cranky user, we don't need one with no sense of humor.

I realized at some point last night that Steve Lieber is kind of in the Maguire tradition of "memorably cartoony reaction faces"; although he doesn't do the same degree of detail, he's willing to do the sweatdrops and the motion lines and the weird expressions.

>AC is love, AC is life, after many a summer without it at my place of residence NEVER AGAIN.
And my computer is nice and cool as well. It'[s so good.

But seriously, Gray Man, get a fucking Livejournal. Nabu is a prick to EVERYONE. You ain't special.

Comics husbando on form today:

twitter.com/TomKingTK/status/751900642806038529

Also Chuck Tingle got still more meta:

amazon.com/Slammed-Substantial-Amount-Generated-Pounded-ebook/dp/B01HWROW0W

hee!

>Buck Trungle is in serious trouble. Struggling to find the inspiration for a follow up to his critically acclaimed short “Pounded By The Pound: Turned Gay By The Socioeconomic Implications Of Britain Leaving The European Union", the erotica author finds himself desperate to stay relevant in the ever quickening press cycle.

perfection.

Are you the same user posting the picture of the black dude self-sucking btw? It's killing me not to know.

>the picture of the black dude self-sucking
What the fuck?

If sigil magic is real, Chuck really is in trouble.

That'd take a lot of flexibility, wouldn't it?

It's exactly what you think it is.

>tfw senpai king responds to you on twitter

(((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))

That or a little flexibility and a big-ass dick.

hoot hoot

I'm dying to know what they have Bagenda lined up for next, I'm really glad they're going to keep him on. I feel like the international nature of artists is pretty underrated in the 'diversity' discussion.

>Booster'll be fine. He's got a flight ring.
Booster's wiki page claims he's from the 25th century, yet the museum pieces he stole are a Legion flight ring and Brainy's forcefield belt. One way or another, the math does quite add up there.

Dr. Fate is judging you

Yeah, we ran into that when we read through Legion--I forget exactly how it got resolved, but it did

Artists are pretty underrated in general. Bagenda made more of an impact on me on the second read, not sure why. I would like to see him work with Fajardo again.

The Legion stuff Bolster has comes from a wrecked Time Sphere IIRC.

one of the issues of Booster I own is when the Legion shows up mad at him

I wonder how the Gray Man feels about alternate spellings.

That reminds me, did you know older editions of D&D featured special languages specific to each alignment?

The other thing is that the world he's creating looks more unusual and colorful and interesting than some random town.

that's pretty cool

HI HAL

Alignment tongues are great IMO. Lots of room to play with things there.

Bagenda has a good combination of detail and looseness to his lines.

Shouldn't "Chaotic" default to murual unintelligiblility though?

I think post-Infinite Crisis it's Superman's ring that he stole from a museum

so how is everyone tonight

it's so hot and dry here I have to remember to water all the pots

It depends how you wanna define it. I've had the languages as common tongues between churches of the same alignment and as languages originating from the speech of outsiders - who I tend to tag with weird communication styles anyway. I haven't but would like to try a high concept metaphysics thing where the alignment tongue really is all it promises to be and if you're good you can speak a magical good language. But I don't really play D&D anymore.

Even beyond that you've got to consider how detailed the language is. Maybe it only suffices to describe certain things, so if you speak Good you can only speak about good things when you do. Then, maybe the language isn't the same between the speaker and the listener: maybe what you say in Chaotic isn't what the listener hears, and maybe different listeners here different things. Like I say, I think there's room for a lot there.

>I don't understand why you even bother with them!
It's called having friends, idiot. Seriously, get a blog. You are the most annoying villain, you whiny bastard. Boo hoo, life sucks, get over it.

Speaking of, did the Creeper ever go back to being a good guy after the Nu52 made him into some evil spirit bullshit?

Oh, so there are going to be a spate of upcoming nights off, I'll be sure to indicate them, etc.

I don't know if Creeper has been seen since the WTF of that Nocenti Katana series

That was one weird book.

Drawn by the dude who did MOON NAZIS.

Alignment Tongues were awesome, they were part of why old-school (A)D&D felt so strange and unique to me when I first read it as a child, rather than some generic fantasy.

I'm assuming nights off are some measure of success but if not, hope all is well.

they are in fact! we'll see how it goes, but it's a good thing.

SHIT JUST GOT REAL

>I don't know if Creeper has been seen since the WTF of that Nocenti Katana series
Hm. Way to completely miss the point of a character. Like, he's supposed to be the Joker if he was a good guy, more or less. How do you fuck that up?

Ah, MOON NAZIS. Classic so bad it's good.

I have come to unironically love that story.

oh, there's time to do this

Reminder that an agent of Order once tried to bribe Morpheus with the dreams of the dead (collected by the Gray Man) in exchange for the key to Hell.

To be fair, he was prevented from having friends for hundreds of years.

Order, Chaos, Lords are dicks no matter what side they're on.

AIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

now that's a "why am I fucking wasting time with your shitposting" face

sometimes they pretend to be sexy waitresses, tho

>So how is everyone tonight
Okay. I've come too accept the reality of my changing status quo. The new place is nice, which softens the blow. Though I
ve corporate landlords now which... concerns me.

Also, the housing market is almost hilarious cutthroat. One of the prospective houses was snatched up the very day I found out about it. Goddamn.

I'll always have time for Xiombarg.

I am glad you have found a place. Housing uncertainty is one of the worst feelings.

I didn't get anything done today and I probably won't get much done tomorrow either, which is unfortunate because I desperately need to clean

although I did get to spend today dogsitting so at least I got to hang out with a cute doggy

this is also very JMD

I miss having a doggy who will romp around and play with a pull toy and all that

How is your doggy doing?

>Housing uncertainty is one of the worst feelings.
Tell me about it. Living under the rule of an LLC is better than under a freeway.

>killed by a mouse

RIP in peace

LOL @ Batsy

He clearly likes his walks, and changing up his food a bit has resulted in enthusiastic eating. It's just an operation leading him out the door and back when he's gotta go, you can't just open the door and let him out.

probably gonna drunk storytime later

mad and sad about not having other drugs bc dealer had some bad luck

I was good and didn't buy plonk at the grocery store today

I would totally read a comic that was just 22 pages of the Joker getting BTFO'd by Barda.

>Hunger is good for the soul, Canary.
That's a pretty massive load of bullshit, Bruce.

>plonk
Huh, is that term used in the US?

Back in form, and my storytime should be back to regular schedule Monday night. Feeling much better too.

You would only need like 1 panel.

I guess it is, although I couldn't tell you where I picked it up

I am not ashamed to admit my fondness for Franzia

MAI WAIFU

I'd read a comic that was 22 pages of Joker getting btfo by anybody

I like to think we all would.

Maybe "plonk" is a Texas thing, I dunno.

Honestly, the US is such a large place geographically, that even most Americans can't keep track of every little cultural detail.

incoming!

getting drunk off Lone Star would be more authentically Texan but you have to drink a hell of a lot of Lone Star to get drunk

You've got too many waifus storyteller. Those Sup Forums anons who take Valentine's Day pics would be horrified.

>that Ronnie memory dig
>that dig about Nancy and her astrologer

>the original
Scott please, there's only one OG GL and it ain't Hal.

>dem bunny slippers
Barda, pls!

We could form an entire team out of Storyteller's waifus.

ooh, I think we're about to that page

COSMO!

the Storyteller's Waifus team would be a fucking juggernaut

Dreamy, Artemis, Zealot, and Barda would wreck everything that went before them

I always had a headcanon that Superman was uncomfortable around Reagan, like he knew the world was in the edge of a nuclear war and he always had to report back to one of the people who had their finger on that big red button lest that war break out. Of course, this is all pointless thanks to sliding timescale, but you know.

It's really bad out there right now, renting or buying, in any sort of place you'd ACTUALLY like to live in.

Unless you want to live in bumfuck nowhere midwest, in which case, have they got deals for you!

It's frustrating when you think about really good character work done in the 80s that was also topical and that's hard to slide to the present. Nate is maybe the best example of that I can think of.

>implying that's the complete list
lol

if you can own up to Franzia, own up to this.

>those slippers

Why is she so perfect?

I still love that backstory issue of Suicide Squad where Waller's giving Reagan shit about cutting benefits, welfare, and everything, even while pitching him the Suicide Squad.

One of my friends bought a house last month and she said the listings her realtor were sending her all went off the market within a day or two (or less) of being put up, it was insane

that's what comes to immediate mind! not yet the crisis of infinite waifus.