VIDEO: George Lucas to Autograph Hound: "Get a job"

>As souvenirs were thrust forward for him to sign, Lucas basically accused the lot of being mercenaries out to collect his John Hancock for profit.

>“This is $200 a signature, so why don’t you just go out and get a job?” he blurted out.

>Lucas, who answered questions about director Ron Howard taking over the Han Solo movie, explained to the camera that “these people are here to make money. ... They’re not fans. They just want to make money.”

m.tmz.com/#article/2017/06/27/george-lucas-tells-autograph-seekers-get-a-job/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bM6-x4JVihQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tXoeXELBrlw
youtube.com/watch?v=NeFnx-SMR84
youtube.com/channel/UCQyB6KvIbeWGYvLm5fivt7w
youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q
twitter.com/AnonBabble

based lucas

Shots fired.

Calls out Disney as not real fans

Kek

wtf I love George Lucas now

he comes across as really sympathetic here

Says the guy who sold his baby to the highest bidder. Just take the money and shut up dude, you don't have a say anymore.

he's just mad he doesnt get to make billions on toys

He's right though. The man can surely tell genuine fans from hawkers. Waiting behind a dumpster with stacks of pictures for example.

Based Lucas. He's too honest for Hollywood.

>his baby

I don't think Lucas ever cared about Star Wars nearly as much as most fans do.

literally /ourguy/

>ruins a franchise by making it into horrible toy commercials
>throws a fit at the possibility of someone making profit off his autograph

I know he's exceedingly rich and I'm positive he has a fantastic life. But I feel bad for him here.

He made the toys, he gets the profits.

He makes the autograph, some leech who can't get a job gets the money. He was right to call him out for the faggot he was.

>mr Lucas what do you think about Mark Hamill FINALLY getting his star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame
>uh ugh, I guess that's fine

>anime reaction image posting ugly man-child virgin with no friends and nothing to live for
You feeling sorry for anyone is like a retarded, three-legged, blind sewer rat with no teeth feeling sorry for a king.

That's when I realized Lucas is a good guy. He doesn't fake it.

Star Wars is for kids and always has been and George has 30 year old men with no family and no girlfriends coming up to him asking for his autograph as if it would make their year.

Seriously, is there a more cancerous fanbase than middle aged Star Wars fans? I don't even think bronies are at that level of pettiness.

>projecting this much

You can only buy so many material things until you start to feel empty. You don't have the satisfaction of having to withhold gratification, or to want for anything. And now he can't even immerse himself in his work either. Can't even leave the house without being harassed in the street. He is definitely on the verge of suicide just like Robin Williams.

He's absolutely right, autograph hunters are human filth that tag along with paparazzi (they're just as if not more scummy) to figure out who will be where, trying to make a quick buck on eBay.

No fan has posters of whatever star they randomly encounter on hand.

Remember pic related being memed? That's a autograph hunter as well.

that kid was clearly waiting at the airport to get an autograph, I mean you could be right but maybe not, there are crazy fans as well

Sweet overused, unoriginal comeback.

>just here to make money

Wait, how is that any different from what he does? He's notorious for selling toys and merchandising the hell out of his franchise.

He said something like that in an interview after TFA was released. I think he said that he regretted selling Star Wars to Disney and that it was like he had sold his children to white slavers

Reminds me of all the bullshit he said when he promoted Red Tails.
I wonder if he's completely deluded and buys into his own crap.

It's true though, isn't it? It could not be more obvious that the last time you touched a woman's vagina was when you came slithering out of your mother's cunt at birth.

Miss me yet.

Nope.

how's that loli folder coming along?

>waiting at the airport
>prepared with a poster and sharpie

I'm telling you exactly as it is, that's what these scumbag autograph hunters do. They're not fans, they're only looking to earn a quick buck.

They're buddies with the paparazzi and get to tag along, he even made sure to feign a crying face as his paparozzo buddy snapped pictures in youtube.com/watch?v=bM6-x4JVihQ

youtube.com/watch?v=tXoeXELBrlw

>they're here to make money
>says the guy who altered his scripts to sell merch for more money

It must be cool to be so mega wealthy that you live in your mega wealthy bubble

More projection

Lol no, I can't imagine him salvaging the series after the prequels.

>be wealthy and famous
>people who will.never know what thats like just want your signature on a piece of paper
>cut them down or look down on them bc you think they are lesser than you

Yeah those poor celebrities it must be so hard. How do they live with it...

most people don't care about their actual babies as much as star wars fans care about star wars

Good.

I'm struggling to think how he could do any more damage than he already did after the prequels and Crystal Skull.
Maybe an American Graffiti prequel where everyone rides around with bicycles.

Found the woman. As you can see she didn't give any legit arguments but instead attacked your sex life. Like a typical woman.

Not that user but it sounds like you have some baggage lol.

>HEH HOW DARE HE SELLS HIS PROPERTY
said by someone who doesnt own shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=NeFnx-SMR84

You can't hate women just because they don't find you attractive, user. It's not their fault you're ugly.

He's not saying it's bad to make money, he's saying it's silly to merchandise then ride a high horse about real fans. Most of the people making money off of Star Wars aren't real fans and it doesn't seem to bother him.

Do you think the team of analysts and marketers who push his toys are real fans?

>projection
Pedophiles commonly use this response, because they're dense. It's another way of saying:
>I know you are, but what am I?
How old are you?

>that entire youtube channel

youtube.com/channel/UCQyB6KvIbeWGYvLm5fivt7w

This was the last time George and hound spoke as friends.

I'm not even the guy you first flipped off at. All I see is a roastie on her rotten eggs crusade again.

Why are people stupid enough to believe this tired narrative? Oh no, he was smart enough to keep his own profits from toys and merch so that he could continue finding his own movies. Meanwhile, there is far more merch, toys, random ass Star Wars brand on every piece of consumer product imaginable, even fucking cars for fucks sake, and no one cares because it's no longer an indie film maker selling regular merchandise instead of a corporate empire that shits out dozens of the same formulaic bullshit flicks annually

Yes you are. Why do you resent women so much? Is it because you're attracted to children?

did they produce the merchandise? why should they profit from that?

the teams of analysts are geting money to add value to some product, nothing wrong there.

I don't disagree with you, I'm trying to emphasize that star wars is a product driven by emotionless metrics. Acting like any part of it is really about the fans is silly.

Are you okay user?

Explain the relevance of this image.

great thread

but there are actual fans. and nearly every media is a product driven by emotionless metrics, every single piece of stuff shown on tv fits with that criteria. that star wars is hugely successful is another matter, but everyone aspires to make it big with a movie or a saga. so, no equivalence, and those autograph selling "fans" are leeches akin to paparazzi, the very scum of earth.

Thanks for validating my original post

literally autistic and understand differing points of view i have no idea what to do with that information but i have it.

Based George. the last alpha involved in star wars.

too bad the ungrateful nu-male fans sold him out and now we have feminist no white males allowed wars.

That was before he realized their true intent.

Any adult that would bother another adult for an autograph needs to gas themselves. How pathetic.

thats the point, they only want it so they can sell it.

He only sold it because the ungrateful fans had turned on him. anything he made would be ridiculed regardless if it was good or not. so he sold it to keep it alive for the fans while being told by Kathleen he could still stay on and help out and they'd work with his ideas.

instead they instantly discarded him, started shilling for feminists and diversity. and worked on spin offs and destroying the franchise.

Yeah fuck those ungrateful fans that paid to see his shitty movies dozens of times.

who was in the wrong here?

yeah and fuck them for destroying the franchise.

>BOOHOO SOME FANS SAY MEAN WORDS TO ME
>HOW DARE EVERYONE NOT TREAT ME LIKE A LIVING GOD ;-;
I feel sorry for all the dumb manchildren of the world that need their safe spaces.
Grow up. Not like anyone attempted to murder him.

He's kinda got a point, it's the same reason Mark Hamill doesn't enjoy signing things cos people usually just sell the signed stuff on ebay for a massive profit

>dat reading comprehension

I still love you George

Based Lucas.

The most ironic part of this hole thing is that the underlying story arc of the prequels was pretty fucking based.

It was the execution of the story that didnt hold up.

The prequel story arc was certainly better than what we have now.

>Sid is the reason why The Empire Strikes Back is always written about as the best of the films, when it actually was the worst one.'

>he sold it because ungrateful fans turned on him
So, what did you mean by this?

he's said this before, and he's 100% right. tybl

based George.

But the story was completely retarded

Source faggot

George Lucas

Lucas had the devil whisper into his ear it was a good deal, a devil named Kathleen Kennedy

>Le get le jerb
>Said the impotent obese neckbeard who sold out Star Wars and cut the Clone Wars short to sit on his ass for the rest of his life

Uh, rude.

this

>After working in the film industry for 40+ years

>the story was retarded.

Please explain

Hollywood user here.

He's right though. These people are the scum of the earth. They'll even use their kids to get autographs so they cal sell them online.

>George Lucas, of all people, being critical of making a quick buck on the labor of others.

Sell their kids online? :)

So all those women who make excuses to leave my company are autistic? Thank fuck, I thought it was because I was a fat, greasy neckbeard!

Any tips on where to meet non-autistic grils bros?

the whole premise is based on trade agreements and unfair tax systems so thats why the separatists rose up.

well tatooine is in the outer rim and not part of the actual republic, and that planet is a complete shithole

geonosis is part of the separatists and a total shithole warmongering planet that devised the death star

coruscant is the capital of the republic and is a pretty nice place, slums notwithstanding

naboo is part of the republic, and is a pretty nice place

we get some throwaway line for why conflict exists in the first place, but all the places that are on the 'bad guys' side are fucking hellholes filled with villains while the 'good guys' are nice planets where all of the heroes and benevolent people come from. its fucking stupid. shouldn't have had the separatists faction/war in the first place if there isn't a compelling reason for it or a reason to feel sentimental for the group. Hell, they could have even showed dangerous hints of becoming the empire later on so the audience like anakin would have a reason to feel more conflicted about the issue.

star wars fans btfo

What did George mean by this?

Kek. What happened?

Wait, what's stopping these faggots from faking his signature?

youtube.com/watch?v=A45FQvlfU6Q

that guy on the left told george to right click an image and click 'search google' to find the source for something on his own