What does Gotham think about the fact that Bruce keep hanging out with teenagers in his house?

What does Gotham think about the fact that Bruce keep hanging out with teenagers in his house?

Guy orphaned as a child frequently adopts and mentors orphaned children. What a shock.

These implications of pedophilia really fall apart when both Batman and Bruce Wayne sleep with loads of women on a regular basis.

he dosen't sleep with that much women.
any hetrosexual guy with that much money would have atleast one crazy secret sex orgy

In a few stories I've seen people brush it off as a guy who just takes on a bunch of charity cases/pet projects to look good. They don't see it as anything other than a rich guy trying to put on a facade for the press.

The public at large probably think it's a PR stunt, and that the butler does all the job.

Other rich people that know Bruce either see him as a benevolent father figure or boss.

There was a story where an investigator who was looking into Jason's death and suspected that there something going in Wayne manor.

Well to be fair he's not that much genuinely interested in sex and hooking up. It's more in order to maintain his playboy persona.

He's adopted 3 teenagers who all have black hair and blue eyes. 3 of them have died violently, one while being outed as a skintight spandex wearing vigilante. You either believe the rumors that he's Batman, or think he's a psychotic narcissistic pedophile.

If Angelina Jolie can adopt 7 children, surely noone bates an eye at Bruce's 3 kids. Especially since Dick grew up great and is loved in Gotham. Looking at him they have no reason to doubt Bruce. So, basically, noone cares.

The fact that one of them left the rich life and run away to Ethiopia to meet a mother he never knew before and then died in strange accident should have raised a lot of questions.

We all know that if Batman was realistic he would be fucking his Robins and Batgirls.

Actually given that they all look exactly like him, that 2 of them are from dirt poor backgrounds, and the Drakes were at one point his neighbors. I wonder if people just think all 4 of them are his bastard children? They just happen to be right about Damian.

>and that the butler does all the job.

They are right about this.

Yeah, I can see this. Especially with Bruce having a reputation of a ladies man.

Maybe a few investigations happened and old Dick Grayson showed no cues of being traumatized and abused, and in the public sphere Bruce does not act like a space cadet like Michael Jackson did, saying awkward and strange things very easily construed as incriminating.

He's the Roman Polanski of Gotham.

There could be the case that people think the Robins are their bastard kids.

No one remembers Dick and no one knew that Damian had died outside of the Batfamily and Justice League and some villains. That only leaves Jason who actually died in the public eye, unless I'm missing someone.

How did he cover up Jason's death?

Also, shouldn't it seem pretty obvious to people that the kids Bruce Wayne wards/adopts look exactly like Batman's new sidekicks?

The Batfamily operates largely in the shadows. Only the villains and maybe Gordon get a good look at them. Civilians seem to be 50/50 on whether or not Batman is actually an urban legend (in some continuities. Not sure how it is now.)

Speaking of which, does Gordon know that Barb is Batgirl? I've never seen it explicitly mentioned.

I'm not sure he did, at least originally. Bruce took his adopted son to a refugee camp with his philanthropic work where Jason's mother worked. Then the Joker came along and blew up both the mother and son. Or at least that would be how the world saw it. I'm not sure he even needed to cover much up aside from the fact Jason was wearing a Robin costume.

I don't even think they know it's the joker, they probably think it's just some random bombing

Famous rich people adopting a lot of unprivileged orphans is truly an outrageous concept.

That's because Cass was practically naked near Bruce.

>implying he doesn't already

In the old continuity Dick was his ward, Jason was his dead adopted son, Tim was a friend of the family and nobody knew Cass existed because her records didn't existed.

Then Bruce finally adopted Dick and Tim in one swoop, and, later, Cass, with the latter not being address if he just promised to adopt her or if he actually adopted her. Then Damian showed up as a bastard son, birthed by a notorious criminal.

I don't understand why people are so weirded out with the idea of Bruce fucking Barbara. When she was created she was meant to be Bruce's love interest. She was older than Dick and was in college.

In the New 52, Batman was on tv with the JLA in DC when it was founded. All of America probably watched.

Because in that particularly continuity Barbara and Dick are the same age.
Also people are just used to Dick and Babara dating and aren't aware that that only happened in the late 90s and onward

She was meant to be neither of their love interests. Also in B:TAS she was deaged to be Dick's age. Bruce fucked his son's ex.

>all rich people are degenerates!

why do poor people always think this?

Jealousy

Because a lot of them are. And they have the money to keep it hush-hush.

with dick it was very specific, he was publicly there the night of the Grayson's death, and considering the Wayne murder was such a big thing for Gotham, that and all of Bruce's charity work, naming most things he funds with it either Martha or Thomas the public wouldn't think for a second it was for anything other than his own guilt.

Why the fuck wouldn't you be if you could afford it?

Huh no Cass in just a t-shirt and Tim a robe greeting child services pictures.

Pretty sure he knows and chooses not to say anything, but that might be headcanon. Some authors feel that Gordon knows that Batman is Bruce and chooses not to say anything as well.

What was the point of adopting Dick if he was already a grown ass Nightwing who don't need no Batman?

It's been stated in a few runs that Gordon definitely knows. I recall an 80's story arc where Bruce was on trial on suspicion of being a Communist spy, and Gordon was all "Look, I could totally just tell them about what you REALLY do, if you want" but Bruce was all "No idea what you're talking about, I'll be fine thank you"

>an 80's story arc where Bruce was on trial on suspicion of being a Communist spy
That sounds like a laugh, though it seems a bit late for the Red Scare.
Any idea who the author was? Pre or Post-Crisis?

I believe its Blind Justice written by Sam Hamm for Batman 50th anniversary.

Yeah, it's the first appearance of Henri Ducard aka, who Liam Neeson ACTUALLY played in Batman Begins.

To show him he loved him.