>Identified the Cardassian menace
>Attacked the Cardassian menace
>By his actions, alerted the rest of the Federation to the Cardassian menace

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mhoa7oWPPhk
youtube.com/watch?v=F-p5A_GislM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>"captain, how can you be so obtuse?"

he could have used legal means instead of starting a one man campaign and risk a war while also damaging Starfleet honor and image
also
>cardassian menace

The true /didnothingwrong/ captain

>Put the Enterprise, her crew, Star Fleet, and their mission at hand above all else
>Didn't care about making friends only about doing what was right
>Made amends with Riker even though he should have just been ordered to do his duty or be court marshaled
>Made Troi less of a slut and made her actually wear a star fleet uniform
>Still saved Captain Picard

How can anyone dislike Jellico?

>legal means
There were none and Maxwell knew it, his expectations about Picard were proven right almost immediately, and he even admits to the Cardassians at the end that he knows Maxwell was right but he'll throw him under the bus anyway to maintain the peace.

>woah, I seized control of this Federation ship and I am using it to take violent action and follow my own goal and the Feds send another ship to STOP me? unbelievable!
No shit he was right, he was in the wrong.
he is too much blinded by pride

>Made Troi less of a slut and made her actually wear a star fleet uniform

The most important one.

He didn't address Thor with his proper title.

Literally n o t h i n g wrong. This man's technology would have saved the alpha quadrant.

>I seized control of this Federation ship
How does a Captain sieze control of their own ship?

>follow my own goal
To save Federation citizens from Cardassian agression

>[Jellico] is too much blinded by pride
There was nothing prideful about him, Troi and Riker just didn't like him and shittalked about him behind his back using her psychic powers. I bet Picard wasn't as confident as he appeared either, but Troi would never dare mention that to anyone because it's fucking rude, and probably illegal.

Why the fuck the Federation can't use the cloak? Wtf kind of logic is this?
Klingons have it and it's ok, same for Romulans. But god forbid Feds get their hands on the technology - DON'T U DARE WE GONNA KILL YOU YOU FOOKIN HOOMANS!
Same goes for Section 31 "controversy".

>There was nothing prideful about him
he thought his son's drawings were actually good

They have some treaty with the Romulans saying that they aren't allowed to use cloaks

Why do I feel shivers all over my body when listening to the DS9 intro? Why am I close to tears after listening to the end credits?
TOS/TNG themes just make me feel excited, they don't move me like this.

When will Gene's ideal future of wall to wall carpet everywhere finally come true?

I remember that. I wonder how that came to pass.

How about a year or two in a Klingon work camp, give you time to think things over. Or am I being obtuse?

Don;t get so angried up about Star Trek, m8.

I never really liked the DS9 theme to be honest, the only Trek theme that gives me shivers is the one from First Contact, which feels like they finally perfected TNG after all these years. I wish they wrote it in time to use it for the show, it's much better than the reused TMP theme.

youtube.com/watch?v=mhoa7oWPPhk

Basically
>Federation doesnt use cloaks
>Romulans wont fuck them up
The Federation doesnt have warships, but Romulans do.

They had a war and the Feds bent over and let the Big Romulan Cock fuck them in order to get peace

DS9 feels like a quality MOVIE.
TNG\VOY feel like a tv show.
TOS..well, it's a 60s tv show.

Because the quadrant really needed Borg, Romulans and Klingons with that technology

The borg cant assimilate what it cant see.

Generals are cancer and the people who post in them are reddit users and attention whores

It was probably a term of peace. All the major powers go to war as soon as they meet and have to negociate, the Federation conceded not to pursue cloaking technology, and maybe the concession from the Romulans was that they just stop attacking with cloaked sorties in the heart of Federation territory, which would be devastating and impossible to defend against with the number of ships they have in the fleet.

Nobody else said general, feel free to go make a Barclay thread or whatever appeals to (You).

>Generals are cancer
Holy flying fuck, have you ever been in a /trek/ thread? Go somewhere else, lucasfilm cuck.

Nah, I'm not angry, just a bit baffled.

this cleared things up a bit for me, thanks!

Worf looks like he's got to shit bad but is trying to hold it in.

>Court marshal

reeeeeeeeeeeee lads

ATTENTION

The Borg had knowledge of cloaking technology before they appeared on-screen, the main thing they were dealing with in TNG: The Neutral Zone was that the Federation and Romulans had both been attacked by The Borg and has installations stolen. And that's the latest they could have acquired it, I'd be shocked if nobody but Romulans ever worked it out.

Quark served him some spoiled gagh for breakfast, as a wedding gift.

>Yeah but she hated Trek which is fine but for Christs sake they DESIGNED a TV show AROUND her & she turned it down?
But she didn't hate trek r-right? Please don't tell me she hates trek

>On turning down "Star Trek: Deep Space Nine" (1993): There were all sorts of rumors about why I didn't take [the DS9 role] and that I was quite arrogant about the whole thing. It wasn't that at all. It was, again, about wanting variety in my career. If I'd gone on to do DS9, I might not have had the variety I've been lucky to have in my career. That's not to say I wasn't grateful for the opportunity; I genuinely was. However, I had to make a choice that felt right for me, which was a difficult one, especially as a young actor being offered a steady job. (TV Zone Magazine, January 2005)

It was part of the peace treaty with the Romulans

Feds agreed to never to develop cloaking technology in exchange for peace and establishment of the neutral zone

They amend the treaty during the Dominion war to allow the Defiant class to cloak only in the gamma quadrant

>They amend the treaty during the Dominion war to allow the Defiant class to cloak only in the gamma quadrant
With a Romulan rep on board at all times...which gets thrown out the window like two episodes later.

Kira was better than Ro anyway

>They amend the treaty during the Dominion war to allow the Defiant class to cloak only in the gamma quadrant
Originally they had to have a Romulan aboard to monitor their use of it, I loved that story and wish they did something more with it instead of just having her disappear as soon as The Dominion show up.

*blocks your path*

god the 90's Romulan uniforms were so fucking stupid

the real question is why didn't Voyager use a cloaking device or try to make one
would have helped a lot

Too busy making torpedoes

Why is going past the TOS timeline so taboo these days?

Trek can't compare to Orion's intro theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=F-p5A_GislM

Why? Shoulderpads are cool, and I like to think they have some pauldrons under there to protect them. Also

>the 90's Romulan uniforms
Did they have any others? Or do you mean TOS?

TOS Toga Romulans > TNG Romulan 90's shoulder-pad pants-suits

Scared of doing new shit, especially big setting changing stuff in case it pisses off old fans and flops
Name brand recognition of Spock and Kirk

In TNG Romulan uniforms looked even more ridiculous. In DS9 they toned it down a bit.

>Not going full extreme until they're more shoulderpad than man
hacks

They want the normie audience who has never watched Star Trek but grew up with comedy movies and TV shows referencing it, so they know all the main parts just from cultural osmosis. They've heard of Picard obviously, probably Worf and Data too, but that's about it, not enough to make a show with. And certainly not enough to make something post-DS9/Voyager.

>I might not have had the variety
Where else she was exactly, except for BSG? Some crappy daytime sitcoms?

There's also Nemesis design

Dude shoulder pads are a e s t h e t i c. Dont even hate. My favorite Trek uniforms are the early cardie ones where it looks like they are wearing straight up tires.

This one here looks ok to me.

It's been years since I saw that, were the rest of the Romulan uniforms changed too? They could just be very high level officials and that's what they always wear but we never see them, they are addressing The Senate after all.

They might have gone a bit too far too, they've gone from TV test patterns to disco balls.

IT'S A FAAAAAAAAKE!!!

Looks like a faaaake to me

No, look ship crew looks the same

He's a senator though, that may not even be a uniform

That's not a uniform, he's a senator dressed in civvies.

Which they reused in Enter prise for budget reasons.

>The Romulan Captain has no hostile intentions whatsoever
I totally forgot about this part, talk about left field. Was The Dominion War referenced at all? It would seem so out of character otherwise.

Jinx!

Probably some sort of Armani equivalent.
Common folk on Romulus dressed in potato sacks (see TNG Unification episodes).

ENT had Romulans?
Didn't the Federation encounter them in TOS for the first time?

The villain in ENT season 1 & 2 was a Romulan time-traveller

8/10 comfy, peach isn't as comfy as cream or beige and that looks like Australia, if Neighbours if accurate.

Best uniforms in the quadrant.
I fucking hate this episode.

>It's an Enterprise introduces a new alien episode
>It's an Enterprise introduces an existing alien way too early episode
>It's an Enterprise _______________ episode

There has not been a single show that's respectful to the canon since DS9.

>Make an outfit twice as revealing for men
>Pick a pudgy hairy guy to be the actor

thanks Gene

And what is with his fucking fetish for those strap dresses.

Episodes like this one made me wonder how the fuck TNG made it past those first 2 seasons.

Network executives had LITERALLY (actual meaning, not stupid teenager meaning) no say in what the show was about.

He might not have done anything wrong but he was a shitty captain.

OFFICIAL DS9 CHARACTER POWER LEVELS
>Honored Elder tier
Garak
Sloan
Weyoun
Pre-Season 6 Dukat
>Alpha tier
The Founder
Odo
Quark
Old Jake
Damar
Tain
>Beta tier
Jadzia
O'Brien
Julian
>Delta tier
Sisko
Worf
Kai Winn
>Gamma tier
Ezri
>What the fuck are you even doing here tier
Pah Wraith Dukat
Kira
Jake

>actual meaning, not stupid teenager meaning
but you're actually using 'literally' figuratively here.

No I'm not.

>Didn't the Federation encounter them in TOS for the first time?
The war between Earth and the Romulans they talk about in TOS took place around ENT.
The Federation just didn't know what they looked like until TOS

>This shit tier list

This is the best uniform in all of Trek. Prove me wrong.

don't you mean Captain George Earl

Yes you are.
You use 'no say' as a metaphorical expression.
The literal use of 'literally' makes no sense here.

The unsung, forgotten hero and the victim.

Fun fact for you two acoustic children aruging about semantics. The person who popularized literally in a non literal sense was Joyce. The guy had a fart fetish and fucked his wife up the ass a lot.

but they only used nuclear weapons in that war according to TOS and it was fought at a distance

>having taste this poor

>killing him is WRONG
>erasing all his memories and all that he was to only leave an empty shell is alright though

fucking english people always ruining things

that sounds stupid though
sometimes retcons are necessary

He was Irish you tard.

>fart fetishist
>an ass man
was Joyce /ourguy/?

No, I'm not. Look up what first-run syndication is and see if you can work it out, I'm not going to handhold someone so uncouth.

The Irish pretty much belong to England anyway so who cares?

>cameltoe(male)

romulan concession was a stop to their expansion towards us, which actually helped them out because there are no other major powers on the opposite side of their empire and they had free reign in the area

Do you think Miles ever tried the Vulcan Love Slave part 2 program when Keiko was away on Bajor for 6 months?

>My Dear Troi,

>The smallest things give me a great cockstand- a whorish movement of your mouth, a little brown stain on the seat of your white drawers, a sudden dirty word spluttered out by your wet lips, a sudden immodest noise made by you behind and then a bad smell slowly curling up out of your backside. At such moments I feel mad to do it in some filthy way, to feel your hot lecherous lips sucking away at me, to fuck between your two rosy-tipped bubbies, to come on your face and squirt it over your hot cheeks and eyes, to stick it up between the cheeks of your rump and bugger you.

>Yours forever, Barclay

>he was english from the island right in front of them! totally different!
woah
so people from northern ireland aren't english people?

lmao, I remember reading those letters, they're great

>whorish movement of your mouth
This is a great line, I'm not surprised it was Joyce, though I would also have accepted Caroline Graham.

Do you like human crime novels, faggot?

>It's the Kira vs Jake aka Prophet vs Pah Wraith on promenade episode
>Kai Winn fucks everything up
>She's able to sneak into ops somehow, lol everything's unlocked
>She knows exactly which buttons to push to initiate neutrino radiation burst or whatever