Friendly reminder that Episode I was actually pretty fun and technologically cutting edge for its time

Friendly reminder that Episode I was actually pretty fun and technologically cutting edge for its time.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo
youtube.com/watch?v=KkW_gXw1yok
youtu.be/EyHtU4vuINU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>technologically cutting edge for its time.
That's the problem. The time's technology fucking sucked.

>it was le fun so that means every bad aspect and criticism of the movie is wrong xD
the only people who try to defend the prequels are children who think flashing lights and explosions make a good movie

Why didn't Obi Wan used force speed to get past the laser barriers? Why did they make the Trade Federation flag ship blow up like the Death Star? Was it an obvious attempt to guilt the audience into feeling the same sort of raw emotion that surged through them when the watched Luke do it in the original film?

the only people who bash the prequels are manchildren who think Star Wars is some high art and not just a fun flashy movie

The prequels are a product of their time

If you can admit they were at least better than the travesty that was TFA I'll agree with you.

force speed is a super weird thing in Ep I, one scene, never explained, never seen again

>Episode I was actually pretty fun
Better to say it had some fun moments, because 75% of the movie is just incoherent boring bullshit.
Pod racing and every second darth maul is on screen, thats the "fun" in this movie. Maybe the planet core.

>X is fun so it is okay
it isn't and your opinion is invalid

God you're a fucking moron if you prefer the saber duels from the originals.

Why didn't ol'Qui cut the saber in half?

the only people who bash Food Fight, Ishtar, Cocktail, The Bye Bye Man, Shut In, Transformers 5, Baywatch, Catwoman, Battlefield Earth, and Showgirls manchildren who think film is some high art and not just flashy fun

this is my favorite choreography in any star wars film

jesus christ, you can tell that the actors had no idea what they were "hitting"

>post one of only couple cool scenes
hey guise member.. ?

The fight against Maul would have been really cool if there wasn't a bunch of cutting away to show shit like Anakin and Padme doing shit no one cares about

Duel of the Fates is a top tier soundtrack but it's wasted on bad directing.

Jar Jar was actually highly skilled in the art of the Drunken Fist

>THIS CANNOT BE HAPPENING. I'M IN CHARGE HERE!

Whats the use of the device on his face?

theres actually a dildo attached to the inside of it. Dude could literally not stop sucking dicks

in the "making of" documentary, the actor clearly doesn't like the contraption and jokes about it, that some people pay a lot of money to be in stuff like that and have women tell them what to do

Where did OP say that it's a good movie? I've seen plenty of shitty movies that were so fucking entertaining. Example: Transformers (2007).

Friendly reminder that the Making Of documentary of Ep I is great, much better than the movie and explains a lot about how the prequels turned out. Everyone on Sup Forums should watch it.

youtube.com/watch?v=da8s9m4zEpo

There's nothing wrong with the prequels except for the writing.

I didn't enjoy it until Jar Jar stepped in the poop.
I didn't love it until Jar Jar took a fart to the face.
Pretty fun!

George's direction is a problem. He hadn't directed anything since the original Star Wars when Ep I was made, for 22 years! Back in the day he had the good sense to let a better director direct Ep V and VI, that's the main reason why Ep V is widely considered to be the best one. But for some reason, he decided to make the prequels on his own.

I agree and better than Force Awakens too:

>There's nothing wrong with prequels except the most important part of a film
fuck you retard

Still better looking that Maz butthole seeing eyes

I love this scene, I wish there was a longer fight in the desert, I think that was a great setting

>good choreography
>iconic soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=KkW_gXw1yok
The movie overall is not 10/10 but gets shit on way too much

THEY'VE GONE UP THE VENTILATION SHAFT

youtu.be/EyHtU4vuINU

I never said that it makes the prequels good faggot.

>Episode I was actually pretty fun
All I remember is people booing and walking out of the theatre. And the real enthusiastic fans who dressed up as SW characters on opening night just sitting there silently.

Yeah sure. It's not like the film was recieved well and later people realised it was shit

WTF happened to the force sprint in that second webm

Upon rewatch I found I to be much less visually nauseating than the II and III. Actually it's overall much less nauseating than II and III.

Apparently he asked people like Spielberg and Zemeckis to direct Episode I but they turned him down, much like how Disney couldn't find anybody to direct the sequel trilogy

Holy shit, that movie aged like shit.

star wars mask bong

darth maul's makeup has got to be the shittiest ever
unless they meant he really paints his face every morning