Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IUhIY4GcL2w
youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Correct

>S1 > S2 > Movie > S3
>movie isn't #1

kys yourself you fucking blep

been putting off watching season 2 I don't like the fact it takes place in the 70s

Considering it takes place in bumfuck nowhere the time period change doesn't even matter. The only real difference is no one has a cell phone. Still feels exactly as Fargo should.

Wrong. I like Season 2, but it goes well out of its way to remind you that it's set in the 70s at all times. I'm not even talking about the time-appropriate soundtrack. I'm talking shit like the split screens and Reagan.

The movie sucked.

Watch season 3 first, then season 2 will seem twice as good.

s2>s1>>>>>s3

s3 is garbage and s1 has martin "the one note hack" freeman and colin "my daddy got me this job" hanks ruining every scene they are in

Making Lorne a fallen angel or the devil or whatever was really great.

>Hating on Martin Freeman after his excellent Lester Nygaard performance
smdh tbqhwy famalam

martin freeman is terrible in everything and uses the same quirks for every character he tries to play

>bawwwww I didn't understand s3 so it's garbage!!

>>/capeshit/

ewan was bad. mew was bad. coon was an after thought tacked on. not even david thewlis was the only good part of this and not even he could save it.

While I think season 3 is easily the weakest I loved the ambiguity of the final scene. I like to think that Varga wasn't bullshitting

s2>s3>s1>movie

He totally was. His desperate last lies as the hammer of justice finally comes down on him.

Dude no way. He was definitely connected, hence the text that saved him, and even the accountant mentions he must be since he got pushback from his investigation.

fargo the television show has always been fucking shit
it hammed up the arch tone of the movie and threw out the pathos that made it interesting
literally reԁԁit tier

Pleb

The release order is the order of quality, it isn't hard to grasp.

season 1 is a dumb story that has connections to the fargo movie

season 2 actually feels like it's in the fargo universe

season 3 is a bad version of season 1

>rating anything above the movie
Fucking end yourself

>the fargo universe
youtube.com/watch?v=IUhIY4GcL2w

Haven't watched S2 or S3, but there are several scenes in S1 that blatantly ripoff the movie. I don't know how anyone could rate S1 above the movie.

Well, for one, it's a more intense and well realized story with better acting and better characters

reaction images doesn't validate your shit opinion

all this

Movie >>>power gap >>>> 3 > 2 >1

not shitting on the tv show, I've really enjoyed every season, but the movie is one of the best movies of all time.

watching after s1 was painful. managed to finish it only for 3rd run

also, if the movie were so GOAT, then the show couldn't be anyway succesful and get 3 seasons

I can't finish any season because of this. Immediately lose interest after 3/4 episodes of every season so far.

It's like there's one joke in the entire show, and it doesn't carry that long.

I'm watching season 3 right now and for me it's
s2>s1>s3
haven't seen the movie though

And Fargo the series (specifically the first season) is one of the best TV shows of all time.

pretty sure the text was sent by swango to lure varga into the elevator alone

nah, it's shit. doesn't challenge the audience in the slightest. it's the perfect emblem for the "golden age" of television we're living: an inferior copy of a film, dumbed down for the people who were too stupid to understand it the first time.

Malvo and Lester were great but the season had alot of negatives. in particular the forced connections to the movie, Collin Hanks, Key, Peele, the time skip, ect.

It's great to watch and keeps you glued to the screen
>challenging the audience
elitist retard detected

Yup. Season 2 had little humor and one dimensional characters. 3 was just a disappointmen with even less character development. Fuck Varga. Nigga wasnt shit without his goons. Malco was amazing and such a dick. "You missed a spot." He was as manipulative as Varga and ruthless.

t. ultraplen

>all 3 seasons although not perfect, were much more watchable than most other TV offerings..
>the movie will always be very hard to beat or even match

this

>tfw never seen the tv show and never will, to keep the memory on the film intact and perfect
>tfw it's probably fedora-core anyway and i dudget the bullet

ACES

Faggot

It's true

The show isn't a remake or anything, really the only similarities are the name, that it takes place in MN/ND, and a sort of easter egg that happens mid season in a subplot that connects the two stories. Other than that it's totally it's own thing, and even though I felt the same way you do about it at first, I tried watching it just as it's own show and I fucking loved it. Only season 1, haven't seen the others.

I really recommend it, just don't go into it expecting it to be anything like the movie or related to the movie, put the movie out of your mind and view the show as completely it's own thing.

All seasons are great but

S2>S1>S3

Patrick Wilson alone makes it better, he is fantastic. Also Hansee was great. Black guy was great plus his fate at the end is hilarious.

Yes. Malvo was cool but >muh chaos. Nygaard was ok. Fat cop was the most annoying character ever.

Gloria Burgle was fantastic. Varga was fantastic. Henchmen were meme tier. Stussy was shit. Sy was cool. Also MEW's ex getting WRENCHED

Terrific show overall

What the actual fuck are you talking about? There are several scenes, shots, and even dialogue ripped straight from the movie. Hell even the suitcase of money from the movie becomes a plot device in the show. I don't mind a little wink and nudge alluding to the movie, but I feel like S1 hits you over the head with it.

Also I might add the characters are carbon copies of the characters from the movie.

Does S2 pick up midway?
It feels pretty slow

1 > 2 > 3 > movie

The last episodes of season 1 were fucking intense I had to shower two times because my armpits were sweating due to excitement as I'm willing to get pass the teleporting lorne malvo throughout the episodesc.

the series has done nothing but cull themes, characters and situations from the coen filmography, then repackage them into ten episode seasons. The first season had the most to pull from, the second season had some leftovers, and the third season actually had to reuse crap that had already been used (varga's arrest at the end was low quality xerox of malvo's arrest).

why the fuck would you just lie to people?

Skip the series, watch the coen movies, forget the series exists.

I can't really recommend 3. Parts of it work very well, but none of the parts work well together. You can't really have an ambiguous, ambivalent ending after The Wandering Jew shows up at a supernatural bowling alley to claim the soul of a timeless evil incarnated in the form of Yuri the Ukrainian hitman. The show renders the Bowling Alley scene completely nonsensical and irrelevant, something which would only be more glaring on the re-watch. It's like making a grill that also operates as a fridge - no matter how well the individual parts function, combining them together can't help but impede and undermine the other.

>Hell even the suitcase of money from the movie becomes a plot device in the show.
That's the easter egg I mentioned, which is exactly what it is. They don't make any actual references to where the money came from, and if you haven't seen the movie you would have no idea there was a connection.

>There are several scenes, shots, and even dialogue ripped straight from the movie
Would you like to provide any actual examples or are you just going to spout bullshit without backing any of it up?

The fact that you apparently couldn't separate the show from the movie while watching it is telling about you, not the show itself. The show is nothing like the movie in any significant way.

pleb status: filtered

S3 was radfem doggerel

As I said to the other user, either give actual examples/comparisons or fuck off with your useless bitching

please explain how

negro a refrigerator that doubles as a grill is a perfectly viable model due to how refrigerators work

yes

I gave an example you illiterate fuck. The bowling alley scene is another example that has also been cited in this thread.

We go over this in every thread.

Are you a fucking marketer or something?

>characters
if you saw any of the characters as being the same as any characters in the movie you are pretty shallow-minded.
>woman cop
>woman cop
>OMG ITS TEH SAME CHARACTER

>being this buttflustered
go get some air

the movie >>POWER GAP>> S2 >>>>> last third of S3 > S1 > first 2/3 of S3 >>fifty meters of dogshit and worms>> the last scene of S3 that was ripped off from Nic Cage's Lord of War;

youtube.com/watch?v=UTK8torOylM

You gave an example of a scene from season 3 being similar to season 1, you gave no comparisons of anything between the movie and the show.
Also, calm the fuck down spazz

MOVIE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
S1 >>> S2 >>>>>>> S3

males are either hopeless incompetents, evil incarnate or subserviently compliant with the superior female heroines.

>the movie

how about a strangely competent salt of the earth female police officer stymied by incompetent bumpkins who are also police officers? Season 2 was the only one that didn't have this, which is a big part of why people confuse it for anything other than shit.

>We go over this in every thread.

>"hey guys I have no life"

Macey and McDormand are aped rather heavily.

>a strangely competent salt of the earth female police officer stymied by incompetent bumpkins who are also police officers
Because Fargo is the only media to ever have used this trope.
Shit like that is way too general to be a valid criticism.

FargoTV is the only media named FARGO that lifts that character type directly from the movie it is mindlessly aping.

The fact that Nikki's main motivation for revenge was her love towards her male fiance makes s3 very un-radfem. Gloria had a whole arc about how fucking useless she is. The only subservient main characters are mostly subservient to other male characters.

>dude a flying saucer got billybob out of jail in man who wasn't there so we can have aliens get our hero character out of a tight spot!

>dude there's an omniscient character chilling in a bowling alley in the big lebowski so we can have an omniscient character help our heroine out of a tight spot!

You either see how fargoTV is just a cheap, completely misunderstood collection of copies of the coen filmography or you haven't watched enough coen movies.

nothing you say has any merit or actual logic to it. all you're doing is bitching without saying anything of substance. seriously just stop, you're making a complete ass of yourself.

gloria was only useless because she was surrounded by MEN

nikki's problems were all caused by MEN

strangely strong words in such an empty post.

seriously though, are you a marketer? I really hope you're not the showrunner. As varga was built around representing how the showrunner has done nothing but mindlessly regurgitate the coen filmography into colorless messes and trick the simple minded with florid prose.

mkay lol

>such an empty post
>what is irony

>maybe if i use big words people will think im smart
>calling anybody who disagrees with me a shill

you're just checking off all the boxes of a butthurt fag who doesn't actually have any argument, aren't you?

There's multiple scenes every episode that are ripped off from/in homage to various Coen Bro films. This is part of the fun and part of the reasons the show is so good. The episodes use music cues from their various films. Just because I know it the best, Fargo has used plenty of music from the Big Lebowski, and this season included the bowling alley scene with the mystical character appearing as well as the guy driving who drops a smoke and swerves the car as it burns him scene. In season 2 the scene where Bear brings the daughter into the forest is out of the movie with Gabriel Byrne when brings John Turturro in the forest. etc etcetc

>dude a flying saucer got billybob out of jail
>out of jail

what

just a statement on how completely the alien's in man who wasn't there were misunderstood

>I didn't understand ur post so ur pretending to be teh smart and ur not! Imma smart!!

... I apologize, I didn't realize you were legitimately retarded.

the fuck

dude what?

what seems to be the source of your confusion

i still remember that scene in S1 where Billy Bob just tells Colin to drive away and pretend he didn't see anything. shit was tense yo!

dude that was so badass

i remember the time I was pulled over once and I was going to do something like that but then the cop started talking and I just said "yes sir."

Can we have some Riley posts?

Is that Chris Penn?

Is Malvo the best Chaotic Evil villain of all time?

malvo was chaotic neutral

yeah I'm pretty sure he's nowhere near neutral. but he sure was a crafty bastard. that locusts stunt he pulled was an inspired genius!

s2>movie>s1>s3

anyone saying any season of the show is better than the movie is an underage faggot

You would have been arrested or shot, you fucking retard

s2>s1>>>>>>>>>>>>s3

S2 had Patrick Wilson at great shape with an actually well written character, also Kisrten Dunst, Todd, Gerhardt family. The Kansas City family were kind of annoying but ok overall. The story run with a nice pace.

S3 fucked up big time at the end and the very first episodes were not great too.

Also, there's no point to comparing a series with a film.

its complete shit dont bother

The movie was great. And will hold up as a great film from talented creators.

The TV series is pretty much the exact opposite of that.

It's always been bad. S3 was just the first time it was so ad that I didn't finish watching the season. I stopped after magical angel in interdimetional bowling alley with reincarnated boyfriend in kitten.