Will It Win an Oscar?

Hamm deserves one

Furby Bieber #1 in Jina

of course not. what even is this shit? there's a rapper on the cover

I've been seeing this posted a lot. Is this just a meme or was he actually fantastic?

Sound mixing and sound editing, maybe.

Will sweep at the Golden Globes too.

He plays a jealous cuck with gusto

>Will It Win an Oscar?

I wouldn't go that far, but it's very good and easily Wright's best.
Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz were just fun comedies, this and the The World's End aim for something more.

you idiots think everything deserves an Oscar just because. This movie will win zero awards.

>have to wait a month for this to come out in cinemas here
Fuck me

Sound design as great. Never appreciated music more in a film.

It's going to blow out Transformers and be the #1 movie this weekend. That's impressive for a little non franchise movie opening right before 4th of July.

Just saw it. It's a great film. Alright story, brilliant film-making, super slick. High tension moments handled well, jokes done well neither interferes with the other.

Scott Pilgrim is the only Edgar Wright movie I've disliked. It was overacted, overproduced, overdirected and over marketed to the point where it completely bored me. This is nothing like that. It's very signature Edgar Wright but at the same time doesn't share a lot with his other films. I mean the protag is still on the spectrum but not in a nerdy way.

lol no it's not
Despicable Me 3 is easily going to be #1.

He's pretty damn good to be honest. The scene in the car park at the end is fantastic.

just got back from seeing it. It was great. Great characters. Spacey, Hamm and Foxx were fantastic. The kid playing Baby was really good too. I loved how the music weaved in and out with the scenes going on. Made some scenes way more intense. I'm assuming most people shitting on it didn't actually see it since they aren't giving any good reasons to dislike it other than the title

This may be the best film he's ever done. I just got back and I enjoyed the fuck out of it. There was a couple rough edges like a corny Sky Ferreira cameo / song but other than that it was really fun, and felt like it had some real soul in it. Which is more than I can say for 90% of the movies i've seen in the past few years.

Not true, I legit walked out the theatre when he said "I'm the driver baby" I cringed all the way home

honestly every scene is amazing, the whole film is so captivating that I really don't know what my favorite scene is, I just want to go back and watch the whole movie all the way through

>just got back from seeing it

Fuck off shills

He was great. Saying much more might be a spoiler. If you're a Draper fan, see this.

This

>>just got back from seeing it
>Opening day

Funny how that works.

Is he that good? From the trailer his character came off as just the menacing veteran muscle.

I loved it, found it incredibly enjoyable and full of life and vigour. Possibly the best movie of 2017 so far, though a few of the characters were missing an exposition, most notably "Buddy". But for what it was, it was very entertaining

I liked it, a little bloated towards the end but still good.
Normies will hate it.

If this is another Kingsman, then I'm staying away, that shit was cringy as hell.

This movie doesn't need shilling lol. Seriously I also just saw it and it's great.

Easily the most interesting character in the movie. Decently well fleshed out and not a 2d "tough guy" cliche with legs and stubble.

>Lily James plays in Mad Men with Don/Buddy
>Leaves violin behind in episode
>Jamie Foxx mentions a left behind violin in the flick

wtf

It doesn't try to be a comedy. It tries to be a musical and a heist movie and it does both perfectly.

Wright didn't direct Kingsman, that was Matthew Vaughn. It's not too self aware (in a good way) like Kingsman was, and although there are tropes they feel new and fresh just because of how well the directing of the film is. Go see it if you can, anyone with an appreciation of film will enjoy it.

Now that the dust has finally had time to settle, the actor who played the titular character was really good as well. Not too showy, and made a role that's probably very difficult on paper, look easy.

Just got out of it, solid as fuck movie. Main character is likable, action is good, story is fast paced but feels well, and it has some decent twists. Solid 9/10.

25 minutes into the film after he leaves for a bit that's all I thought he was.

Then you see the rest of the film, and he's phenomenal.

As a previous user mentioned, Draper fans need to see this.

>A movie by a guy who has made only good movies
>that is widely regarded as the best comedy director currently working
>that has unanimous critical reception
>that has unanimous audience reception
>and that is a mid-budget flick about heists instead of a giant cgi dumpster fire.

What i don't understand are the shills against this movie. I'm looking forward to it because its an original IP that's not big budget and probably a good action comedy crime movie.

This is the chemo for transformers.

But there's way too much fucking cancer in this thread. Everything is reddit or its not or its newfag or its shilling etc etc

>Draper fans need to see this.

So he'e playing the same character essentially.

>Draper fans need to see this.

This

>Wright didn't direct Kingsman,

I know, but you fuckers blew wind up that movies ass like it was the second coming of jesus christ and that film was so fucking up it's own ass about how cool it was that I almost curled up in my seat in the theatre.

The trailer for Baby Driver just screamed "THE KINGSMAN PART 2; WE GTA5 NOW, TEQUILA ;)"

So I am cautiously skeptic about throwing any money it's way.

he's tries sympathies with Baby while the other characters give Baby shit.

It's not a bad thing. You can see he channels what he learned from the times Draper broke down and puts it into play in a certain diner scene and car park scene.

>rapper

What the fuck is this shit going on here? This movie was made for teenage girls...

Nope, not at all. But you're a fan of the range and intensity of that performance, you'll be glad to see another great one.

Ah yes casting the man who was in fault in our stars means this is a chick flick. R-rated heist movie advertised on car chases.

Kingsman tried too hard, Baby Driver doesn't. It's got style but it's too upfront or blatant. The movie flows with the music, it's innovative with it's sound design and how to soundtrack and folley affect the scene. I loved the fuck out of it. Cinema tickets aren't that expensive, see it if you're interested skip it if you're not. If you like cinema and you like clever filmmaking, then you'll like Baby Driver.

And capeshits for kids right, and anything you don't like is for Reddit. What if I told you these films want to appeal to nearly everyone as they like to make money? Also why would you think that?

Explain?

holy shit THIS

What a fucking retard

Jesus Christ some are you sound like miserable people.

this isn't fault in our stars

Normie or shill, I'm not sure which

>there are people over 18 that like Edgar Wright

>thinks this is fault in our stars type movie because of the actor
>thinks actors can't play multiple roles

remember when scott pilgrim came out and Sup Forums said it was for pretentious hipsters?

Definitely struck a nerve I see. Sorry, didn't watch that horseshit either. Has nothing to do with the actor baby

I can't imagine people under at least 23 liking him. Scott Pilgrim came out in 2010.

How much do you All get paid to suck this much dick?

Go get your fidget spinner and logoff for awhile.

Kek!

every psuedo-intellectual 13 year old in existence worships Shaun of The Dead

You offer nothing to this board.

That's a really ridiculous claim

That seems extremely doubtful.

I guarantee there isn't even a single 13 year old who knows what Shaun of the dead is faggot

Good on them for enjoying movies they weren't around too see when it came out.

Sure thing pal.

Sadly, there are probably more 13 year old kids who worship V for Vendetta that post here than 13 year old Shaun of the Dead fans

it must be great being this stupid

So you have to be under 18 to enjoy Edgar Wright? Did you not enjoy Spaced? You guys need to take your piss covered glasses off.

Saw it today too. Borderline loved it. I'm considering going again just so I can catch more of the choreography. Like some people have said it's almost a musical at points. Liked all of Wright's films the editing is very precise and has a rhythm unique to him. Some of the car stunts were legit as well.

You'd be doing yourself a disservice by not at least catch a matinee of this film.

I only realized this a half hour or so in but the first sound we hear in the film, only for a second or two is the faint high pitched screech of his tinnitus.

Bravo Wright.

I actually have tinnitus, and Baby's is a harsh example of it but that's exactly what it's like. It's always there, especially in quiet rooms.

Wear earplugs at shows people.

His attention to detail is amazing, definitely best movie of the year