Why are there almost no Christmas movies being made anymore?

Why are there almost no Christmas movies being made anymore?

oh no they make them right now but they release them at the end of the year

Star Wars dominates Christmas

>he doesn't know about bad moms Christmas

OP confirmed for being a pleb

The war on Christmas. You aren't even allowed to mention Jesus on tv anymore. If you don't say happy holidays the jew assassin guild comes for you

Christianity is bad user

>almost

And that barely counts. I doubt that will ever be considered a classic.

Home Alone 1 and 2 are just to hard to top i think people have given up

There are Christmas movies every year, they just all suck now and don't become holiday classics

Christianity, and therefore Christmas, do not mean as much to people as they once did.

And we are far better off for it.

Star Wars is for summer. You have a really short mamory

Christmas is a pagan holiday though.

>And we are far better off for it.
do lefties really believe this?

Krampus was great

Because it's islamophobic

its not PC

Truth, watched this last chrismas with friends and it was very comfy brainlet horror fun. Very enjoyable over a few hot mulled wines.

Real chrismas kino is a 4 hour video of an open fire though.

The holiday has lost its soul due to tge smartphone cancer ruining kid imaginations. I remember how magical christmas was to me when I was a kid and young teen now its just so soulless.

Declining American christian element and a jewish Hollywood.

>turn one of the most important holidays of Christianism into a consumerism orgy
>real Christians don't give a shit because it was decharacterized
>non-Christians don't give a shit since it has no meaning to them
>people get surprised when no one cares anymore

Now these types of movies are just small~medium productions that no one cares anymore.

Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby for extra comfy

Christmas has been commercialized ever since the 1950s.

Okay Sup Forums. You have a large, but not unlimited budget, and you need to make /our film/. Pitch your idea for a Christmas movie that will become a classic.

>Now these types of movies are just small~medium productions that no one cares anymore.
How many big budget christmas movies do you think there are?

Not in my country. People used to mount nativity scenes and all that. Things changed around 2005 and now it's all about money.

Every Christmas movie is some Tyler Perry fagfest or a big cast of the famous black actors and actresses on a wacky Christmas family vacation now.

a movie about Jesus' birth

>people get surprised when no one cares anymore
Where do you live that no cares about Christmas anymore?

Because Christmas offends mudshitters and we can't have that

(you)

dont you have to watch your """"GF""""" getting railed my achmed while feeling bad because youre white?

Unironically this

I would think the reasons are pretty obvious. society is less religious (well less christian) and less family oriented. and the latest instalment of [insert franchise] makes more money anyway, in part because it's cynically tailored to appeal to everyone whether they celebrate christmas or not

christmas lost its meaning a long time ago, it makes complete sense that christmas films disappeared to. how do you make a christmas film when christmas is just another holiday?

Exactly this. The (((media))) hates Christ.

I want to shoot my heretic seed inside of christ-chan's vagooper.

Fireplace channel is the comfiest, I have it on all the time during the holidays

Not him, but the vast majority of Australians don't give a single hoot about 'real' Christmas. "Jesus? Who's that? I don't care, just give me my presents"
>tfw we're one of the least Christian countries in the first-world

DO NOT SEXUALISE CHRIST-CHAN
CHRIST-CHAN IS PURE

Don't pretend you can't see the sexual tension in that smug face.

The media loves money, and religious movies flop hard. If religion becomes profitable Hollywood will start pumping hundreds of millions of dollars into making religious blockbusters and bible stories again.

I'd like to see the story of Paul as a film.

There are always a bunch of shitty Christmas movies every year

People re-watch Harry Potter during the holidays. It's actually kind of ironic.

>Why are there almost no Christmas movies being made anymore?

There are they're just shit.

>still waiting on a full length adaptation for pic related

you better hang yourself right now

I agree partly, but i feel it has more to do with nostalgia then anything else. People like watching movies they loved as a kid. the most popular of those stick around and lesser ones don't. I think there are some recent movies that will achieve classic status, it will just take time to get there.

what is Bad Santa, ELF, Office Christmas Party

People realised December was the perfect time to release stuff for Oscar consideration
And then they realised the best way to get an oscar is a muh Holocaust movie
Look at all the sub A grade stars they only got oscars by pandering to Jewish Holocaust propaganda- Daniel Craig Kate winslett etc

There are always a few every year, but there's not a lot of room for them. Christmas movies can only be released *at* Christmas, for all intents & purposes, and then - unlike all other movies - they pretty much have to wait until the next Christmas to be released on home video, because no one is going to buy them in February.

hot

DELET