The tragedy of Argentina: A century of decline

economist.com/news/briefing/21596582-one-hundred-years-ago-argentina-was-future-what-went-wrong-century-decline
What went so wrong? 100 years ago, Argentina was on track to become first world and an major economic power. Now they're struggling to keep up with the rest of Latin America.

>Feb 17th 2014

Punishment from YHWH for taking in Nazi exiles.

Same problem at America. 56%.

>Now they're struggling to keep up with the rest of Latin America
I thought the country was still regional power in SA

The regional power in SA now is Brazil and Chile.
You japs are pretty outdated just like your technology.
Good thing Korea and China will surpass you cockroaches.

Chile is too small economically to be a power and Brazil must get his shit together before aspiring to.

They are getting better, they had some nasty presidents

t. 68% face

China has already overtaken Japan (´・_・`)

Us

That is like some real bullshit you got there.

The Pampas were very rich and shit but the North of the country was as poor as any other place. Rural population was poor as fuck. After the 40s a lot of people from the poor areas of the country started moving to the important cities and then poverty became more visible. And since poor fags have more children and shit they started outbreeding the middle and upper class and now they are the majority.

Also poor immigrants from neighboring countries.

I might just be me but I feel like Latin America is on its way up in general. Compare today to the times every 2nd country down there had some insane Marxists in the jungles starting shit. Might also be down to the US having stopped toppling governents left and right because their companies want to produce cheaper bananas.

That’s factually wrong. Argentina is the second largest economy, colombia is coming close at 3rd and Venezuela is 4th. Do your research before spouting inaccurate shit, kid

Since Venezuela got fucked Peru and Chile fight for 4th place, Ecuador is now richer than Venezuela I think.

But that shit happens everywhere, I mean poor rural population always emigrates to the cities.

The problem is that those poor fags stayed poor instead of improving their economic status like it happens in most of the world when poor rural population moves to the city.

The problem is that the economy stopped growing after the 1980s and there was deindustrialization and shit. And that's because we stopped being competitives. And then the last government tried to revitalize the unproductive traditional industry by protecting it, instead of trying to find new sectors in which we could be competitive. So we got even more behind the rest of the world and LatAm

We have the second worst inflation in southamerica after venezuela. The only countries with continuous economy growth without stop in 10 yerar are Chile and Peru. Brazil are ok as usual

Dont give yous to the congolombian he is on LSD as usual

not enough menem

Again wrong. Paraguay, Bolivia and Peru have grown at a faster rate than the other country. Even we have grown at a faster rate than Chile during the last 10years. Argies get butthurt at our success lmao

I believe in ppp terms Venezuela is still 4th, however it is a matter of fact that you will surpass Chile for sure and probably venezuela in the mid term as your economy is growing at a healthy pace. Also you have more population so it is just natural that this overtaking will happen sooner rather than later

Yes, leave the congolombian talking alone as in all threads they live in a fart cloud

>le 65% face

I thought Colombia was already the 2nd and Peru 3rd, it's taking you some time guys.