Itt: English words that you find funny (american accent)

itt: English words that you find funny (american accent)

Dinosaur

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

erbs

Hastings

Eerie

Seborrhea

I don't find words funny for their mere sound because I'm not a retard.

>I don't find words funny for their mere sound because I'm not a retard.

> that flag
> hating fun
Checks out

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inherently_funny_word

>I inhale and exhale uncontrollably with tears in my eyes when I hear words with unusual pronounciation

Funnier than you, Helmut

What a curmudgeon

Justice for the Hehe genocide

>german flag
>"I'm not a retard"

macaco

Shh, go lay down. If my mother tongue were a silly word factory I'd tire of them too.

t. language that has AUSFAHRT

Refregirator.

>Eggplant
There's no eggs in it.
>A slim chance and a fat chance are the same thing

English makes no sense at all:
>The plural of ‘box’ is ‘boxes’, yet the plural of ‘ox’ is ‘oxen’, not ‘oxes’
>“The bandage was wound around the wound"
>"The market garden was designed to produce produce"

This is just a few examples. If you have a norwegian book translated into english, the latter tends to be of double size. They argue that English contains so many more ways to say things, but the truth is that they are making it very complicated for themselves. Here, and in other countries, they have more words to describe and which mean more. A sign of intelligence is to express yourself with few words, but get the point across, instead of blabbering around like an idiot. It is more effective this way. I would imagine thousands of hours is lost every year due to this ridicoulous inefficient language in meetings and presentations.

>This is just a few examples. If you have a norwegian book translated into english, the latter tends to be of double size. They argue that English contains so many more ways to say things, but the truth is that they are making it very complicated for themselves. Here, and in other countries, they have more words to describe and which mean more. A sign of intelligence is to express yourself with few words, but get the point across, instead of blabbering around like an idiot. It is more effective this way. I would imagine thousands of hours is lost every year due to this ridicoulous inefficient language in meetings and presentations.

If i were to say this in Norwegian, notice the difference in size:

Bare et par eksempler. En norsk bok oversatt til engelsk er dobbelt så stor. De sier at engelskmenn sier ting på flere måter, men sannheten er at de overkompliserer. Her og andre steder, har ordene större mening. Det er mer intelligent å fatte seg i korthet, istedenfor å skravle. Man kan se for seg at tusenvis av timer blir mistet i möter og presentasjoner med dette ueffektive språket.

>A sign of intelligence is to express yourself with few words, but get the point across, instead of blabbering around like an idiot.
>posts longest post ITT

It's long because i wrote it in english. And it provides a lot of content. Shut up Hans dammit.

landlord
fairy
sneakers
lorry
iffy
eggplant
nutter
munter
chap
pussycat

BUMP

kerfuffle

Crackpot

Schmetterling!!!!!

moisture

I laugh every time time I hear the word naive

Verstehen Sie Spaß?

Kek
We have a winner

Pineapple
Nukular
Aluminum

[Germany intensifiea]

I truly hate the word pickle.

And the word lush / luscious is also disgusting.