At least we'll still have banter

At least we'll still have banter

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_humanism
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

wtf was humanist about plato and aristotle lmao.

And Sharia

They loved to fuck humans (males)

I came here to ask this.

that image doesn't make any sense

but Aristotle is a cornerstone of Islam and translations of his works jump-started the Islamic Golden Age, they literally call him The Teacher in Arab lands

t. British policeman

Humanism was created in the 19th.

>french education

Humanism is an ideology. Islam is a theology. You can be Muslim and humanistic. This is a contradiction. Your interpretation of the religion won't be mainstream, but it's not like you "convert" to humanism from Islam.

no, in the case of Islam you can't be.
They are based on two different incompatible metaphysics. In Islam, everything starts with god. Humanism is literally an atheistic way of assigning value and purpose to the human life that they lacked when they ditched Christianity

I guess Christian humanism doesn't exist

Literally the first sentance on the french wikipedia is "created in the 19th century"

it can't exist
incompatible by definition

no, christian humanism isnt a case of contradictio in terminis.
same for "social-liberalism" or others things that may seems to be a contradictio in terminis but aren't. You don't need a cogntive dissonance to agree with those ideologies.

>Islam isn't an ideology
>You can be Muslim and humanistic

This, the ancient greeks had value system based on virtues, humanism is based on Cr*stianity.

proto-islamic humanism was developped during the al-nahda. But it didn't get too much popularity.

To be fair that's pretty dumb reason to deny asylum. Because he's shitty humanist means he isn't in danger?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Renaissance_humanism
We just call it humanism

>to agree
there's a difference between agreeing and adopting.

Example: A christian and a muslim would agree that god exists but they would disagree on the attributes and essence of god

The Catholic church also has a hardon for Aristotle.

Giving people asylim for shit like that shoulden't happen in the first place. It's too exploitable.

True.

More accurately they'd argue over whether Mohammed was a true prophet and whether Jesus was gods son.

OHnoononononoo

That's the first I hear of it, tell me about it.

Aristotle's philosophy is seen as per-Christian theology that lays some of the foundations on which Christians then built their theology.

Thomas Aquinas is one of the most important Catholic theologians and he was deeply influenced by Aristotle's work.

One example is the "unmoved mover" argument for God.

You see the dudes with blonde hair?

HMMMMMMM

Dunno m8, Russia is basically copying all your retarded shit and justify it as "that's what europeans do so stfu"

>Fail test
>IT'S JUST A STUPID QUESTION!