Why did they stop making those comfy police movies?

Why did they stop making those comfy police movies?

Because Superhero movies sold better.

reminder that Sup Forums would hate this movie for "forced diversity" and WE WUZ post about Roger

It was a different time. A better time.

you can't openly acknowledge differences between people of color and people of not color anymore, let alone have them get along and complete a goal, then go on to form a good relationship despite their differences

it's too unrealistic, audiences don't buy it anymore

>this was the last time I've seen a black family on television

I marathoned LW the other day and it was okay. Worth watching 2 and 3?

It'd be forced diversity if Roger was, you know, forced. Go back to r*ddit, autist.

How does one Marathon a single LW film? Wouldn't you just say you watched it?

They're all good.

>How does one Marathon a single LW film? Wouldn't you just say you watched it?

>How does one Marathon a single LW film?
Imagine that you have attention span of a goldfish because your brains have been rotten by Internet and smartphones.

you guys are showing your newfag

>How does one Marathon a single LW film?

the only reason he was cast is to have a black guy you beta
fucking Sup Forumscucks are too beta to admit they didn't care about black characters when they were younger so they have todo this "i-it was different then" crap
pathetic on so many levels

>triggered as fuck
It's the contrast in every aspect between Riggs and Murtagh that makes Lethal Weapon a good film you fucking mouthbreather

I think Danny Glover was a good actor who deserved his roles. I'm sorry you believe differently.

It adds further contrast between him and Mel's character (which is a big point in the films). Roger also happens to be a well written character unlike all the blatantly forced people in new shit. Forced diversity characters are put in, given either a tumblr tier quirky attitude or stereotypical black attitude and sent on their way.

>I'm obsessed with Sup Forums

Because BLACK LIVES MATTER

>a black man with the last name murtaugh
>clearly an irish cop
>not forced
The great thing about Sup Forums is their mental gymnastics. This movie came out before user was born so its not forced. But if it happened today, it would be.

Is this that fucking movie about an african american man (of course) who becomes a traitor to his race by becoming a fascist cop and then after rising to the rank of detective by murdering poor minorities he becomes a disgusting sell out and moves the suburbs and raises a family who he keeps happy out of ignorance of how oppressed they are with a woman that he keeps trapped in the kitchen against her will.

Then like a fucking capitalist pig appropriates gender to write male fantasy rape stories.

And lastly hasthe fucking gall to be a supportive friend to a FUCKING WHITE MALE whom he invites into his home endangering his entire family.

>you need to have white skin to have an irish last name
>you need white skin to even be irish
>I need to be Sup Forums to be tired of forcing black people into roles solely because they're black

Nah, that guy is completely right re: Sup Forumsposting, and you know it.

complain about this movie being police brutality instead, Reddit

>irish
>not the nigger of europe

>brand new character written and given to glover, a man who had acted in several cop dramas and similar roles leading up to lethal weapon
vs (dark tower for example)
>a well known and beloved white character who is a cowboy type based on clint eastwood being played by a black actor just cos
also
>riggs is played by literal mad max crazy dude mel gibson
he needed the 'you crazy white mother fucker' character to play off of, otherwise the whole pairing would be the same as countless other pieces of work. not to mention dull.

pick your battles babby

>hero contemplates suicide
>comfy

That's Russians and Germans

They're still potatoniggers

>that guy
>totally not me u guize i swear

>Sup Forums would throw a shitfit if 48 hours, Trading Places, Beverly Hills Cop and Lethal Weapon were released today

This is one of those few franchises were every single one has held up