How did Homer afford this?

How did Homer afford this?

He had a good tax policy.

Hes a boomer. Thats also how he gets a comfy job with steady pay even though hes incompetent. Life was that easy in the 70s and 80s

A safety inspector at a nuclear plant probably pulls in 100,000 a year

yanks have big houses, even poorfags

also that backroom on the ground floor that I'm even sure i remember.

Realistically he couldn't. Doesnt the episode with Frank Grimes actually make fun of this?

really makes you think

He got a part time job at Sneed's Feed and Seed.

Why is that little room with the TV and the window facing the back yard seem so goddamn cozy?

I never thought Homer had a dead end job, the work was never hard and he had some good co-workers.

what's really comfy is living is Colorado and having a window with a view of the mountains

It was the late 80s, early 90s, the dollar went a lot farther.

Realistically he could. He's a safety inspector, albeit a shitty one.
Frank Grimes on the other hand had two full time jobs, one being at a nuclear plant and lived in a shitty apartment. Even if he did have to pay for his degree. Average pay is 48k to 72k a year for his first job only while we don't know about his second job.

I'm fairly certain that Abe sold his house and gifted Homer the deposit in order to buy it when Marge was pregnant with Lisa. I think the original deal was Abe would live with them.

Do you live there? I've visited a few times as a Scout and later camp counselor and it's a stunning state, blew me away. Wondering how affordable it is.

Fantasy and humburgeraeater's propaganda of manychildrenhood

A combination of these

this was also pre-2007, and anyone could buy huge houses using subprime mortgage loans

An eagle stole that money on the day Homer married.

until they got cucked by the banks and ratings agencies

Who lives in the house on the right side of the property?

what is a boomer

Some donut making hipster for one episode

the Dinklebergs

Like most degenerate late boomers, with debt which his kids will have to pay off

Yes; my parents' house cost about $400k

Its the magic rumpus room that only appears once in awhile.

taxation is theft. Prove me wrong

When was the last time you ever saw a bear?
Clearly the bear tax is working.

>11.99 an hour

brilliant

I'm a fucking intern and I get paid nearly twice as much as Homer

inflation is a bitch

I'm trying to think of the number of times we've actually seen that room. The only one that comes to mind right now is when Martin, Milhouse, and Bart are fighting in Three Men and a Comic Book, and Homer "checks in" on them.

>the baby gets her own room
>it's almost as big as the master bedroom
>not just letting the baby sleep in the same room as you so you can turn that spare room into a man cave

Do Americans really do this?

Do non-Americans even have spare rooms?

Frank Grimes pretty much typifies the average disgruntled gen X wage slave in the 90s, who were royally fucked by the 90s recession and financial crisus, which disproportionately affected gen Xers L. It made taking out a loan much more difficult and house ownership plummeted. Many of this generation believed the recession was caused by greedy boomers gen, who benefited the most from the 80s stock boom. Hence his hatred of Homer, who represents the greedy late boomer generation.

yeah he just hates it, but that doesn't mean it's a dead end job. apart from his boss being a psychopath and not knowing his name, it's really alright. Homer did actual dead-end jobs like assistant at a bowling alley and he enjoyed the crap out of that

>In order for the Simpson family to purchase the home, Abraham Simpson sold his old house and wrote Homer a check for $15,000, allowing him to pay the down payment on the house. In No Loan Again, Naturally it is revealed that the Simpsons are unable to afford their mortgage anymore, due to Homer constantly loaning money against the house, which causes Ned Flanders to buy the house for $101,000 and rent it to the Simpsons.

only poor children share a bedroom in the USA

why is Lisa blonde but Bart dark-haired?

Why would either of them be blonde when Homer had brown hair and Marge had blue hair?

nuclear power pays well

i feel bad for people who studied some low paying shit

>thinks a bumbling of like Homer can properly satisfy a woman like Marge

She had to feel those Aryan juices at least once

Look at their hair, it's yellow and just because blonde hair is a recessive gene it doesn't mean it can't appear if both parents aren't blonde

Blonde hair is feminine

This is what an average middle class schmuck could afford in the 80s and 90s before subprime mortgages allowed the lower class to buy a home and foreign investors started buying up all the property in every major city.

They forgot the attic where Bart's lost brother lives

Yeah, it's a dead end for him since it's a job that doesn't play to his personality strengths. In the episode with Lisa's Wedding they even show that he never advances out of it while Lenny and Carl both become major players at the plant (and Milhouse advances enough to potentially be the new Smithers).

But you put him in a position where it's more physical labor and serving the public (such as at the bowling alley) and he has a much more enjoyable time.
Because homer is an example of a man having what Friedrich Nietzche's described as a "slave mentality." It's throughout the show. He is not a master of his own destiny but a slave to others and their needs. Probably a controlled psy-op to teach children what they think men should be in a larger societal framework or a "take that" from a marxist writing staff

Frank Grimes represents Gen X. Frank Grimes' illegitimate love child represents millenials - violent and irrational but not without a touch of brilliance

Grandpa Simpson sold his home and gave them money for a down payment.

Rumpus room!

>HEY GUYS I MAKE $20 AN HOUR AS AN INTERN LOL

Why do you feel the need to lie on the internet?

but I'm not

First off, Marge dyes her hair. This is well known amongst the gossip circle of Springfield's women (and I forget what episode that is, but it's in that context).

Second off, this artist is just kind of dumb. The Bart's "spiky" hairline was originally supposed to be representative of an extremely short haircut (like a total buzz) that's grown out a touch (though this shifted to be concieved of as a more gelled spiky hairstyle once that became a thing in the actual 90's) and what we're seeing is effectively the color of his scalp, which matches his general skin tone. The artist there actually seems to get the concept, but he' choosing a shade of color on his bart that is too dark by far.

The simpsons children are meant to all be Blonde (or in the blondish to brown haired range). As seen in the one episode where Homer imagined them in a more realistic style briefly. I think the intended takeaway is that Marge is a blonde who just dyes her hair regularly.

>First off, Marge dyes her hair. This is well known amongst the gossip circle of Springfield's women (and I forget what episode that is, but it's in that context).
That's why I said *had* blue hair. She dyes her hair because it was originally blue, but turned grey.

>>How did Homer afford this?
>Be nuke 'engineer'
>Work the same job for more than 30 years
>3 bed 3 bath in fly over country

Looks like a 200k-300k house that's what 1k-1.5k/mo and most likely paid off by now too

interns will only work 10-20 hours a week.

You were supposed to think it was a dead end job when the show started. That's why writers gave him this job.

And like most middle age boomers aging parents, they put poor Grandpa in a miserable retirement home, so they can get more of his gibs when he eventually dies . This was the generation that sacrificed so much to give them the quality of life they now enjoy, and this is how boomers from all around the US repay them. Fuck Boomers. They're truly the scum generation. I have no sympathy for them, and I can't wait for governments to cut their social welfare once the welfare state is near collapse as a result of their stupid and naive movements that has destroyed the social fabric of America. I hope they all die of heart disease.

it's voluntary exchange

you give government money and they don't seize your shit

my friend is an intern at lockheed and literally makes 20 an hour

he can only work 20 hours a week though

my friend makes $22.50 an hour as an intern

40 hours a week

engineer

i made $18.50 an hour as an intern a few years ago

also an engineer

that doesnt sound voluntary at all

is it voluntary if I say you're going to give me 100 dollars a week or im going to break your legs?

Cross sections are comfy as fuck.

engineering is overpowered, to much money for weird vague work

like my friend has trouble telling me what the fuck he does, like sort of programming kind of? Trial and error trying to get desired simulation results? what does that even mean

Even though I'm sure it's been changed since then but it's in the do it for her episode where its explained.
They were rich before they had a few kids.
Its the same in the Malcolm in the Middle episode. They had a huge nice house BEFORE being poor as fuck cause they have 5 kids.

No, it wasn't. The point always was that it's a job that actually pays good, but isn't what Homer wants.

How did Ned afford his house?

Can confirm.
We don't pay the bear patrol tax where I live.
I see bears at least once a month.
The bears will soon outnumber us.
The moose have already surpassed our abilities.

i imagine its different everywhere

some places have large engineering departments, some may only have a few that are not very busy

some are hands on, some are not

Bear Patrol Tax $5!

By being a fictional character in a cartoon series with only loose ties to reality and a nebulous continuity.

I find it ironic that most of these white middle class family sitcoms have families with 3 to 5 children, yet it's rare today to see a white middle class family with more than 2 kids.

He bought it with the money Abe got by selling his house, it was shown in a flashback episode.

Also, it´s heavly implied that Homer has decent earnings, but the family is always struggling with money because of Homer´s alcoholism and all the problem they get in.

This pisses me off, In the UK engineers get paid like shit. I go to a top 50 uni in the world so fairly decent. And If I get the grades I want I'm expecting like £26.5k before tax ($35k) max in a grad job

Homer is like 38 in the show. He's probably had that job since Bart was born, at most

me too, as a software engineer

because he doesn't live in California or NYC

well it's your decision whether or not to give the cash

.95 cents more than I make as a butt wiper.

Should switch from Nursing to fast food worker. Its the job of the future

Both my son's have their own bedroom, plus one designated playroom and one media room with a projector screen. The back yard is half an acre.

The house cost $250,000

Now imagine you have another 2 to 3 kids. That's why tv families are always broke but have huge homes. Even Roseanne's house and Al Bundy's houses were two stories with attics and basements and none of the kids shared rooms.

Maybe you have trouble understanding lol.

A lot of work is also technical enough that if people don't know the field it is useless to explain because no one cares.

Damn son. I'm a no-degree tech support boi from Ohio, and I make $19.25/hr, 5 hrs overtime per week puts me me in the ~$45k/yr range.

Come across the pond and get paid, your accent will make you 100% cooler and more hireable.

That is literally better than most starting grad salaries, engineers are fucking babies who don't realise how healthy their industry is.

t. Social science post grad in professional field who can expect the best £21k starting out. Been working minimum wage fucking call centre since I graduated last year

>tfw keep running into posts like these and jordan b peterson
>all this synchronicity

>tfw have comfy engineering job that pays well

>tfw hate the absolute living hell out of it and all I wanna do is run a newspaper or at least be a journalist

What can I do bros?

good christian, god personally comes down from heaven to save his drowning son

get a life outside of work

i dont mean that as harsh as it sounds

The bathroom on the second floor isn't at the end of the hallway: it's between Lisa's and Bart's rooms.

Why do I have to go upstairs just to take a shit

Dude old people are hard as fuck to take care of. They are like 150lb babies that eventually need full time care in order not to fall over and die in their own urine, covered in pressure ulcers.

A nursing home that takes good care of him and let's him bang a bunch of other elderly women is the best thing for him, outside of at home care which costs a shit ton, more than Homer has.

start a wordpress or blogger or twitter

it's free

newspapers are ultimately dead but the format will live on forever on the web

buy a crane for your camera or phone and just start interviewing local people

you have to will yourself to become a journalist

you must do things a journalist would do to become one

just pick your idol and do what they do but with a modern flair

He's the person in charge of security at a nuclear power plant. In real life this is a 150-180k job at minimum.

He got in on the IPO for SNDS

I make $18/hr as an intern myself

>im 23 and never had a job