Doctor Who General - /who/

Nardie Who General - /nard/

Today we pay tribute to the greatest companion Nardie

Currently located several floors down and experiencing extreme time dilation

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1498984152952.webm
telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/farewell-peter-capaldi-good-doctor-let-flawed-era/
digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a832187/doctor-who-christmas-special-spoilers-steven-moffat-teases-david-bradley-first-doctor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>that tall cunt left me here to die

I like Nardole.

Reminder

>it's another female-companion-dies-but-not-really-she-just-turned-immortal-and-time-travelling-with-another-immortal-lesbian finale
Pilot Who when?

>You don't enjoy one bad, boring story
>I PITY YOU I BET YOU DON'T ENJOY ANYTHING

>Bill pretty much dead and living on as a lesbian puddle god
>Nardole stuck on a spaceship reversing from a black hole defending children from Cybermen forever
>Missy is fucking DEAD
>12 pretty much dead, regeneration already started

All the finality in this episode kind of hit me at once. It's fucking happening. The Moffat era is fucking over, his characters are pretty much all resolved and had their final appearances, and 12 has one more fucking episode left. Fuck.

>first one to talk gets to stay on my spacecraft

Bill's clothes at the end of The Doctor Falls match the clothes that Pearl was seen wearing on the set of the Christmas Special.
Puddle Bill is coming back in the Christmas Special.

>bill is an immortal god who said she'll see the doctor again
>Nardole is left on the ship for DEAD
>Missy never died on screen
>12 started regenerating 4 episodes ago.
>resolved

>Missy never died on screen
You clearly see her lying there dying, and then eventually she stops moving. And then the entire fucking floor blows up.

That he's gonna get fucked by even MORE Cybermen and the Doctor literally lost?

>allotta loyalty for a hired monk

We're never going to see Nardole again.
Of all the characters this Series, I wasn't expecting Nardole to grow on me.

I'm man enough to admit that I took part in all the shitposting when Nardole was first announced to be returning for series 10 as a companion. I found the decision baffling, his character was annoying as shit in Husbands and I thought he would be the worst aspect of series 10.

I can now say based Nardie is one of my favorite companions. I was so fucking wrong and I am so sorry Nardole. I wish you could stay for another series. I wish I appreciated you more when you were here.

>implying that anything has stopped the Master returning before

>he thinks Moffats wild ride will end before the complete and total death of doctor who

>the master
>dying

tbqh all pearl did this episode was follow the doctor around
and all the doctor did was run around
nardole is the one responsible for finding the way to beat the cybermen and saving the children

This extends to Bill and Nardole for me. I hated her and didn't care much for him in their respective first episodes. As the Series went on though they were clearly the best team in NuWho.

I'm glad I gave them a chance.

>Christmas Special ends
>Twelve and One form a suicide pact
>Twelve never regenerates and explicitly dies for good just like Missy
>Chib is left to scrap together a premiere episode out of this mess

Moffat you son of a bitch

>nardole was the 13th doctor the whole time and this is why he didnt die from the poison

>Bill gets one (1) series
>Dies in it
If she didn't become a puddle god or whatever, I'd have to call JUST

>Matt Lucas wanted the episode to be called Keeping up with the Mondasians

How will Chibbins ever recover?

>The final Moffuck is to literally kill Doctor Who.

It's his name.

Yeah. Since Moffat is responsible for Christmas episode too, he will probably fuck up everything for the next guy and leave no survivors. Doctor will regenerate into a queer racemixed tumblerina that converted to islam.

I'm a worthless faggot who only ever watched nuWho but I'm kinda bored with it now and would like to watch old Who. Where should I start? I'm willing to start with the First if it's good. Of course I heard Fourth is considered the best, can I start there?

tbqh I thought breaking the wall worked better in this episode than it did in heaven sent

They must have realized that no one liked Bill.Is this the shortest period for a regular companion? In nu who at least

So Bill can come back to life as a human whenever she wants Puddle to, right?

Both Martha and Donna were also single season.

Not to mention the finale was pretty much bully Bill: the episode

>turned into a Cyberman
>all the children frightened by her
>turns out her only friend for a decade was the Master in disguise who felt nothing for her and converted her into a Cyberman
>stands there and gets mocked and ridiculed by Simmaster while she cries
>walks into a room and gets peppered with bullets from Nardie's thirsty friend

The lesbian puddle ending pretty much had to happen or that shit would be depressing

Puddle Bill deus ex machina ending guaranteed

>The Doctor Falls was actually (mostly) good
Holy shit I wasn't expecting that. Also I sort of wish I had avoided /who/ this season, that 1st Doctor ending would've been nuts if I hadn't already known about it. Was still pretty nuts

I can't believe we're getting a 1/12 multidoctor episode. What the fuck

thematically, should the new doctor be a bright chippy young thing with a well-kept drama school body?

>Hay yous wuvly peopwuls!! Dun' forge' ta tickle dat wike bwutton and subscwibe fa' moor siwwy and wandom docta hoo videas. Hugs and kwisses and have a wibbly wobbly wonderfwal day!! :P

start with 3 since 1 & 2 have a lot of missing episodes and UNIT is KINO
then work your way back and if your still interested go through 4 and up

>They must have realized that no one liked Bill
No, it's because they're changing Showrunners you dummy. Chibnall obviously wants a fresh slate to work with. Same reason Nardole was written out

Tick tock Rosenfags. Only a matter of time now.

So why did everything explode in the ship/on that floor again?

and Inferno is one of the best episodes of who to ever be made

It's a spaceship, so it had fuel and shit under each floor. Nardie used the guns and apples and shit as markers, and would trigger critical failures at the locations they were fired, causing explosions. When the Doctor blew up the whole floor, he did the same thing, but for the entire floor.

see

Okay we've been talking about the next doctor all day.

Any ideas for the next companion?

Is there any casting news to suggest Bill is gone for good a la Clara? Looking forward to a fresh season with new characters

I'm sure that Missy also kinda felt sorry for her but also found it absolutely hilarious.

Because it's a spaceship, so obviously it has highly combustible fuel running between each floor.

Peter Capaldi?

qt asian girl who's a little on the naive side a too trusting

Ah, figured it was something like that, but was worried I might have missed something.
Cheers.

By the way, how often did they rub the fact that Bill is a lesbian in our faces?

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1498984152952.webm

This guy steps up to you and says he's gonna kick your arse.
How do you respond?

5ish times i think

I haven't been on /who/ yet today, have we already talked bout how Bill's line to the Doctor about how she likes girls her age was her hinting at what sort of body he should regenerate into? Seems like an odd line for Moffat to write if he knows the next Doctor won't be a woman.

11/12 episodes.

The one time it isn't mentioned is because she's dead.

Nefertiti and based Riddell. Chibnall has been playing the long game the absolute madman.

woah i didnt even think of that.

it better fucking not be true but thats a good theory

>12 is the only doctor who literally goes out fighting

black tranny refugee

A competent attractive mid-20s straight white male.

this was his penultimate episode

I can't think of anything else that line could mean. It doesn't make sense outside of the context of regeneration.

>He goes out fighting 1

Is /who/ going to watch all of One's episodes before the special?

maybe if someone streams them

>tfw breaking the wall

The part about her sexuality was, i assumed, her seeking closure that the doctor actually cared enough to learn about her instead of being oblivious to everything, But that doesnt really apply to the age thing.

>next season is 20s female doctor with 2 20s female lesbian gods

Id stop watching desu

telegraph.co.uk/tv/0/farewell-peter-capaldi-good-doctor-let-flawed-era/

moffcucks utterly BTFO

so which is it now?

That'd be pretty cool in the lead-up to Christmas, have a big jolly stream of all of 1's episodes, then maybe all of 12's so that it lines up with the special airing.

i unironically think stephen merchant would make a good doctor

>For ye chap

I already started my second watchthrough a few days ago. I'll definitely reach The Tenth Planet before Christmas.

Cool to see that I was right. Earlier this week I talked about how it must be Hartnell during Tenth Planet. I thought it would be during the gap where the Doctor is resting alone in a room but another user mentioned that there's also the gap where the Doctor is walking to his TARDIS in the snow.

Cute that 1 was also worried about changing and bumped into 12.

I got fucking chills when that started playing with Capaldi fighting to his death I'm such a faggot

I was planning on linking this but I didn't want the Telegraph to get more clicks.

I honestly don't care if the Doctor becomes a woman, I'm just tired of how many people think it NEEDS to happen.

Unfortunately they'd probably get all of the fanbase back that had left because Capaldi was "too old".

He plays such a good dumb character in wheatley that its hard to imagine him sounding smart

>unfortunately the show would probably have a larger audience
what did user mean by this

>"Winning? Is that what you think it's about? I'm not trying to win. I'm not doing this because I want to beat someone. Or 'cause I hate someone. Or because I want to blame someone. It's not because it's fun. God knows it's not because it's easy. It's not even because it works, because it hardly ever does. I do what I do because it's right. Because it's decent. And above all, it's kind. It's just that, just kind. If I run away today, good people will die. If I stand and fight, some of them might live. Maybe not many, maybe not for long. Hey, you know, maybe there's no point in any of this at all. But it's the best I can do. So I will do it, and I'm going to stand here doing it until it kills me. And you're going too, some day. How will that be, have you thought about it? What would you die for? Who I am is where I stand, and where I stand is where I fall. Stand with me."
best monologue in the show to date desu

So PJ's odds have increased quite a bit in the last week.

>Doctor will regenerate into a queer racemixed tumblerina that converted to islam.
Pic related

I can admit it, I fucking cried.

Also cried when Bill was holding 12 in the TARDIS.

And the Androzani-esque flashbacks.

the new doctor should stop giving a shit about age and looks and go for functional. a lot of bad happened because he was stuck in a slow old man body.

not that i didnt like the whole thing about 11 looking young but feeling old and finally accepting his age by turning into 12. but theres only so much you can do when the loudest thing in the video is the doctors bones scraping together instead of the explosions

Moments like this made it a great episode. Just the characters talking to each other about meaningful things. When I heard about Simm, I was expecting a fun fanwank episode but the scenes with the Master and the Doctor, or the two Masters, were genuinely dramatic at times. Missy's last scene was especially good.

Sort of puts Chibnall in an odd/interesting position if he ever wants to bring the Master back.

Reminder that this is real.

So...
Did Moff redeem Simmaster?

Of all people, I think Capaldi's the one that finds it hardest to believe it's real.

Alright, that was several orders of magnitude better than Hell Bent.
I have some minor criticisms, mainly on the way the Masters were used and Heather solved everything, but on the whole it was the best Moffat finale and a solid contender for best finale ever alongside Parting of the Ways.
9/10 unironically bravo Moffat.

He's the one that deserves it the most. I really hope he's happy with what Moffat does with the first Doctor.

If you mean he "redeemed" Simm in the sense he finally played a Master that was decently written, then sure.

Something's bothered me about this pic ever since I saw it, and I think I just realised that it's the fact that David Bradley's hair looks blonde...

I hate that I'm autistic enough to be bothered that Bradley is way taller than Hartnell was

>"David Bradley's creation of William Hartnell is so eerily perfect, it could fool you. "I've just been watching a scene in the other studio where he is so perfectly William Hartnell, you could be convinced it's him."
Steven Moffat

digitalspy.com/tv/doctor-who/news/a832187/doctor-who-christmas-special-spoilers-steven-moffat-teases-david-bradley-first-doctor/

It was basically Moffat's version of Caves of Androzani. Definitely GOAT.

Also Hell Bent was pretty good too.

He didn't need redemption, stop this meme.

>New Doctor faces the Cybermen again
>Being controlled by a new Cyber Leader
>It's Cyber-Missy

Done.

>Cyber-Nardole saves the day

His impersonation was pretty solid in the bit we saw at the end, much better than AAISAT

I thought it was really solid too, which I wasn't expecting. My favourite Moffat finale. I only have some minor complaints with it. The mondasian cybermen getting super powers was pretty bad for example, and Heather coming back and saving the day felt forced but Moffat needed a way to write Bill out so I can't really be mad at him for that.

My final ranking for S10 would look something like this:
The Doctor Falls
World Enough and Time
Extremis
Thin Ice
Empress of Mars
Eaters of the Light
Oxygen
Smile
The Pilot
Knock Knock
Pyramid
Lie of the Land

Overall, not a bad season. I had high hopes for it that were sort of crushed by the Monk trilogy, but the back end of it made up for that. Better than S8 at least, and probably on the level of S9. I hope the Christmas special is good.