Top 30

(hello 8ch, 420chan, fa, britfa, and Sup Forums)

Two-and-a-half months ago, I published a video on YouTube in which I discuss my top 30 favorite films of all time.

It's a 20 minute video. I put quite a lot of effort into making screenshots, thinking about what to say about the films, what audio and music fragments to include, and so on. I rewatched lots an lots of films, way more than just the 30 on the list.

I frequently watch such top x videos myself; it's fun see which films people pick and to hear why they picked the films.

I did not expect my YouTube video to get many views, since I'm not a "YouTube celebrity" or antyhing like that. But I hoped to get _some_ kind of response, maybe one or two comments, or some thumbs up or down. Surely, some people would see the video, if they are watching a related video and then see the thumbnail. You get what I mean.

Anyway, 2.5 months have gone by. The video has 50 views, almost all of those are me checking to see if the video has gotten any kind of reponse. (I can see in the statistics that 95% of visitors come from the Netherlands, where I live. It really is just me checking up on the video.) It has 1 thumbs up, 0 down, and that 1 thumbs up is by me right after I had uploaded the video. The video has 0 comments.

I'm just curious to read/see what people think of my list. Whether they agree with what I say about the films in my video. I was even thinking about using AdWords to get feedback, but paying money just to get the slightest reaction from my fellow Internet users... come on life, give me a break.

Maybe it's okay if I link to my video here?
It has no ads or anything, it's just me talking the films.

youtube.com/watch?v=tlEIhlDb4S0

I hope at least someone will enjoy watching it, doesn't matter if viewers agree with my picks or not.

why must you make me feel sad

Good work user.

sure man I'll give it a watch, but I only has my personal channel so I wont comment a thing, I dont want Sup Forums users to know who I am, sorry.

My god that is one genuinely sad post.

Talking about 30 of your favorite films in one 20 minute video was a bad move when you're a literal who. No matter how much effort you have put in the video most people will just look at your list in the description and bail out.

You would get more views if you talked about just one movie/director you like specifically.
All the best user

>I dont want Sup Forums users to know who I am, sorry.
No-one cares, you wanker

also i would recommend adding some light music in the background so listening to it doesn't feel like a chore

These.
Split it into several parts and only upload the first one after mastering the art of catching attention. Only upload the rest after obtaining some response.

Don't make me sad user.

Watching the video now.

Im just that paranoid, sorry

not clicking on that shit. what a dumb idea OP. this is the kind of thing where you need to learn that nobody is responding to you for a reason. your video is too long and shitty and not really worth anybody's time. just think about those 30 films and discuss them here with anons or in /lbg/. stop caring about attributing this list to yourself as any kind of social status indicator, even on fucking Sup Forums. you're even namefagging without a trip, god damn kid.

bottom line is blend in with everyone else and stop trying to be recognized as unique for any reason whatsoever

That or shorten your list to 10 movies so you could give more in-depth analysis of these movies you picked
I don't have a problem with the lack of soundtrack

Thanks for the reactions all. :)
Some interesting points being made, some things for me to think about.

don't see any harm in letting him expand his hobby in the form of video creation. all he has to do is find the right formula for creating yt content. not all youtube personalities shit out content for the sake of making money and/or seeking attention

Good stuff bro. Some pretty iffy picks but I gave it a thumbs up for the time you took to make it regardless.

>What if we found an antiboy for a gay gene, for example
kek

Calm the fuck down user, he's just sharing a video about his favorite movies that he took the time to make with his bros on Sup Forums. What's the harm in that? I'll take this thread over 90% of the threads that are usually on here.

this user doesn't give a shit about continuing a channel with regular content and subscribers. he just cares about discussing these movies, but he wants to do it in a way where his opinions are in some way attributed to his identity so that he gets socialized satisfaction from it, rather than satisfaction from the discussion itself
nah, this thread is just as bad as any frogposting or lefty Sup Forums thread

You could've given some synopsis of the movies from your list, even though they're pretty well, instead of giving your critic directly

they're pretty well known*

You should add a car chase and maybe a pie fight.