So did he actually get out of prison when he was still young or was it his fantasy again?

So did he actually get out of prison when he was still young or was it his fantasy again?

the dream was in sepia, reality is full color

But it still had a vaux vaseline-on-the-lense effect and was dreamy in character. It seemed ambiguous to me.

He had parole after 5 years

I feel like the guy was a little too young to take some aspects of his character seriously

>implying he wouldn't be raped to death in prison

you've watched too much Oz, prison rape doesn't happen as often as you think

Not guaranteed he would get it and he doesn't look any older.

I think it's meant to be ambiguous.

Hey man believe what you want but the movie intentionally laid that all out for you to infer.

He went from his early 20s to his mid 20s, you don't really change much

this movie was straight garbage

I think the end scene is up for interpretation. And I sort of learned quickly through the test screening process that I should let people interpret it how they want. I think it’s an important thing with movies where you don’t have to state your actual intention because nobody’s response to it is wrong. I think that’s a good thing to do; you don’t want to have anybody say, ‘No, you’re wrong, you read that wrong.’ It’s better if you have two different interpretations.

The main character should've been black

I wish my world view were as simple as yours

I'm just saying I would've taken his character more seriously if he was black

What would the soundtrack be like?

Half the movie was his fantasy. The girl, romance etc. was all in his head.

>Jamie Foxx's character was a bigger autist than Baby Driver

how come they never mention his two missing fingers in the movie?

I think it's a cop out. The movie teeter at the end too long trying to decide if it wants to leave the audience with a good ending or give it the hard reality that he participated in harboring fugitives, committed murder and got off easy. It's an easy way to say "Hey, you can have a happy ending" without actually doing it, because it really doesn't deserve a happy ending.

Jon Hamm is really handsome.

Sucked as a bad guy though.

Darling's cop evasion techniques sucked ass.

I agree.

>tfw the only good car trick was in the trailer and it wasn't even a continuous take in the film

what about when they drive around that fucking wall in the truck. or the time the guy wedges them underneath the semi. or the switcharoo shit he pulls with the 2 other red cars in the tunnel

Jamie foxx was probably the worst actor in the film

wall truck was a close second

Lily James was fucking awful, and Jon Hamm wasn't much better either, no way was Foxx the worst.

Just got out. I'm glad I saw this in the theater because the visuals and soundtrack are all this movie really has. Unfortunate step back for Wright, but substance or no substance, his style can't be beat.

I missed the scene where Baby was scoping out the post office with Kevin Spacey's nephew because I had to piss out my large soda. How degenerate would it be to wear a diaper at the theater?

Either Baby's entire character motivation changed abruptly from "I want to get out" to "I want to do this kob" because the plot demanded it, or I missed a key turning point. Maybe it happened while I was peeing.

upvoted

They told him he could go after 2 years, but he couldn't hear them.

Yeah, yeah, real discussion is for Reddit.

says the guy talking about diapers and pissing as part of his review.

Go fuck yourself

It's not a review, it's everything I have to say about the movie in a totally unorganized manner. And fuck you if you think I'd openly talk about pissing myself on a website where all my posts are attributed to one username.

>I missed the scene where Baby was scoping out the post office with Kevin Spacey's nephew
It was a funny scene, but not essential

>Either Baby's entire character motivation changed abruptly from "I want to get out" to "I want to do this kob" because the plot demanded it, or I missed a key turning point.
Well firstly Kevin Spacy says he's going to bust the guy's kneecaps if he doesn't do it, then Jamie Foxx and the other dude corner Baby when he tries to bail the night before the job. Dude's fucked if he doesn't show loyalty and push the job forward (which pays dividends later when Spacey turns out to be cool), and he purposefully fucks up the job to get the other guys killed and off his back.

This movie is awful in every way

2/10 best I can do

this movie would actually be alright if the main character didn't have such a punchable fucking face

edgar wright has really lost it, didnt he?

Why wasnt lily james thrown in jail for abetting a fugitive?

He did the job because they would have killed him if he didn't. Are you serious?

ITT: Wrong Opinions