>mfw
/film/ when?

we can only dream

Soon my child soon

watching anything tonight?

>he thinks my shitposting won't follow him
Oh sweet naive user

some BLACKED yes, yourself?

Never sweetheart. Go back to Sup Forumseddit/co/mblr if you want harsh moderation and a controlled environment.

what the fuck was that thing on the beach

death in venice, is it good?

the truth

either Fear City or a silent Hitchcock

>sweetheart
>Sup Forumsedit/co/mblr
>Sup Forums doesn't have harsh moderation
Here's your first (you) of the summer

You think a /film/ board would magically block shitposters from using it? It would be just as dumb as Sup Forums

Stay mad honey. /film/ never.

It was truly The Good Life

We can't be trusted with a new board.

There will always be shitposters, "Television and Film" is just too broad a category and the fact that anything can be shown on television attracts off-topic garbage

/film/ will never happen

we already had it

Sundays are les croix de bois

>It's a mods punish traditional BANE threads but leave Sup Forums clickbait run rampant episode

>we already had it

for only a few days fucking faggot jap moot

/film/ will NEVER launch

I love old movies, but newer movies should be discussed as well, not just films. Should be called /mov/

Literally nothing about /film/ implies old stuff only

HEY GUYS YOU HEAR ABOUT TRUMP? ITS ON TOPIC BECAUSE HE WAS ON TV , WHAT ABOUT THIS D LIST ACTORS TWEET ABOUT TRUMP WASN'T THAT VERY KINO OF HIM?

go be pretentious elsewhere

>teleports behind you
>checks ip
nice thread m8

Except everything does. Do you even know what film is?

Out of all the bitches in the film I want to fuck Rachel the most. I think there's something wrong with me.

also Sup Forums without blacked threads is not /tv.. as simple as that.

The medium, not the format (which is still in use), faggot

>the medium
The term film is outmoded, slomo. Moving pictures still exist. Film in movies rarely does.

it'll just be equally filled with capeshit and starshit threads

>calls films "movies" and thinks of them as "moving pictures"
Not sure if you're from reddit or 1903

>just turn your brain off xD

Unironically, someone should make a reddit for it.
I don't even use reddit, nor have I ever used it, but for /film/ to exist heavy moderation would be required.
Someone would have to decide which films are good enough for film /film/ and which aren't.
Ideally that would be more than one person, to prevent moderation from being too unbalanced.
Registration would have to be mandatory in order for moderation to be feasible, and it should be available on an invite only basis, with punishments for those who invite transgressors. In the initial stages there ought to be open registrations in order for a user base to be created.
Ideally this would all take place on an imageboard. I'm not sure if 8ch has these sorts of features. If there were one that did, it would be ideal.
Anonymous usernames should be default, unless one wants to tripfag as is the case on Sup Forums. Or maybe they ought to be mandatory, to prevent it from becoming too much like a forum.
Someone would have to step up to the task though.

My only fear is that capeshit will move to /film/

Wasn't Pasolini a filthy commie though?

You sure about that?

capeshit is film, "film" doesn't automatically mean "good"

The fuck are you blabbering about?

I'm just saying that /film/ (as I assume most would imagine it) will never happen on Sup Forums, because there's no objective way to discriminate trash films from good films a priori. And also because Sup Forums would want to shitpost all over it.
I was rambling about how I think something like "/film/" could come about.

What if we just made our own chan with one board dedicated to film?

>discriminate trash films from good films
That's not the point, does Sup Forums do that with video games or /lit/ with books? It's just retarded that TV and film are lumped together into one board particularly when the TV part can be used as a backdoor to post off topic shit

I'm tempted, I imagine it's easy as fuck to set up this garbage

It would be pretty easy to get it up and running, but gathering a trustworthy moderation team and jannies is a different story.

I think there's a problem in the nature of the medium itself.
Books are just inherently a greater intellectual endeavour than film. Not to say that all books are great, high brow works of art, but they are definitely more high brow than the average film.
Even if you made a board solely for films it would still gravitate towards garbage superhero movies and low quality blockbusters, because that's just what most people watch

>Books are just inherently a greater intellectual endeavour than film
Literature is a thousand years old medium, it's had quite a head start on movies and despite all that the vast vast majority of books are trash that mothers buy in airports m8
>Even if you made a board solely for films it would still gravitate towards garbage superhero movies and low quality blockbusters
That's not the issue, it's shit like celeb gossip and terrorist attacks being discussed here because "dude i saw it on tv that makes it on-topic" or "what is the DONALD TRUMP of movies??"

>That's not the issue,
for you
but i guess making it film only would eliminate part of the problem (if it was enforced properly)

capeshit is as much film as haiti mud cookies are food

How does this thread relate to politics and why is it not deleted yet?

why was one hand grey?

serious question, why watch film when video games are just better?

why play videogames when you can just jack off onto your own face?

You are seriously the least intelligent poster in the whole board.
Ever since your first thread I despise you.

That's not an acceptable answer

>implying a /film/ board would magically be patrician and not mainly capeshit
Why do you think this?

It happened about a year ago and didn't even last a day because it turned into complete shit VERY quickly

Capeshit should be sentenced to Sup Forums, where it belongs.

bump

who said I'm complaining about capeshit?

Unlike Sup Forums which is just the height of quality

Omg did you see what mark hamill said about trump on twitter?

This, we should create a board called /kino/

this, BvS is honorary kino so it's the only capeshit allowed

No capeshit allowed. Sorry

>implying I'm not the one that decides

all new boards are only good for like their first month or so then quickly degrade into common level shitposting, or die, depending on its traffic.

pretensious much? BvS is as kino as she gets

top kek

>14 hours and 8 minutes
what did he mean by this