What if this gets to $800M?

Other urls found in this thread:

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87544477/#87557670
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86321269/#86321679
desuarchive.org/co/thread/91354796/#91375308
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90415888/#90436635
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87478322/#87487316
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85244499/#85246787
forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/02/box-office-wonder-woman-soars-past-700-million-worldwide
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>still not a billion

>What if this gets to $800M?

It deserves to, I hope it breaks 1bn. It was better than the shitshow that was Superman vs Batman

HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN

Still haven't seen it.

>wander women
>featuring anyone but lynda carter

fake news

>MCU's 4th film made 300m less than DC's 4th film

>comicbook movies are big thing nowadays

no shit OP

Who cares.

Mathematically it can't unless it pulls a Frozen in Japan, but it can get very close to $800M if the drops aren't dramatic. It's holding up extremely well.

>Sup Forums this salty
stfu nu-dcuck

Because its not a Suicide Squad or BvS tier mess. This is the first DC film that wasn't changed and cut last minute since MoS and it shows.

Its not groundbreaking or even that memorable but its a functional film which at this point is a step up.

>W-Who c-cares

I'm not even shitposting. Still haven't seen it. Same way I haven't seen BvS, Suicide Squad or Man of Steel.

You won't be singing that tune when it comes to comparing the 5th movie onwards ;^)

Difference is that Thor was crap, just like Thor 2 was crap. He a shit character and the actors were all terrible.

>be a better movie than GotG and Winter Soldier
>make more money
Nothing wrong with that

>$1.519 billion
we'll just have to see

>tfw nobody wants to talk about the actual film, just how much money it makes and how retarded some bits are

the DCEU has truly become the MCU

Because people actually liked this movie. The success of this movie isn't built on hype but on the movie itself. Whatever your personal opinion on the film is, the truth is that people are still going to the theaters to watch this film, long after it's been released.

This, the movie had some hype because of the reviews but feminism turns people off that's why Jenkins and WB have gone out of their way to claim the movie isn't feminist at all and it isn't and because, despite the memes and the smear campaign, the DCEU had a growing fanbase already, but the legs can only be explained because people like the movie

It was a surprising step up from the last two shitshows of the DCEU, I'm still not looking forward to Justice League though but WW gives me a bit of hope.

>Snyder's goodbye to the DCAU after his daughteru an hero
>'''''Co''''''-'''''''''directed'''''' by Whedon
>Starring Wonder '800m/93%RT' Woman and The Motherfucking Batman.
>Its not going to make an insane amount of moneys.
Nigga just think for once.

You missed a lot of threads then. I literally still have a shitload of archived threads in the Thread Watcher dating back to the first spoilers.

>I'm still not looking forward to Justice League though but WW gives me a bit of hope.
I'm not hoping good things form JL, mostly because I know it's Snyder and the trailer looked like garbage but WW gave me hope for Aquaman.

JL is going to break 2 billion, but it's going to be fucking appalling. They didn't have a chance to learnt he lessons from WW, so it will be Batman vs Superman tier clusterfuck

>people discussed the movie more before it actually came out

You mean Justice League featuring Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman?

I saw this kinda thing when we all thought Batman & Superman together for the first time on film was bound to make Avengers-like bank, and it looked like it was on its way when it made a shitload of money on the OW. But the movie turned out to be yet another Snyder shit-fest and by the third week it was already making 20 million less that WW did, despite having an opening week 60 million bigger.
People just hated that film, and what it was supposed to be a sure hit provided to make even less than fucking GOTG domestically.
I honestly believe that JL will be shit, and it'll make less money than Spider-Man.

I agree with you there, and although they didn't have a chance to learn lessons from Wonder Woman, if they ride the coattails of it's success they might just get more people hyped up for Justice League to break that 2 billion.

I really do want JL to be good but with the way things are looking I know I'll be disappointed. I just hope the singular hero movies will be good.

We'll see if they're gonna advertise WW more since the (US) audience has responded better to her than fucking Batman and Superman put together.

SDCC is near, they'll show some Justice League footage for sure.

Dammit Wonder Woman, you were supposed to fail!

gal literally looks more excited than any of the kids

it's really cute

Can anyone explain to me why this movie was so leggy?The opening was mediocre but it keep going at an impressive rythm, it was the critics response?

She is too cute, but WW was supposed to be HOT.

They turned a tiger into a bunny.

w-wuts her obsession with stroking childrens faces

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES

APOLOGIZE NOW BEFORE IS TOO TOO LATE

She does it to other women too.

Daily reminder that this movie costs 150m to make and at least equal amount in marketing so that's 300m but that's just the beginning because cinemaplex want their share so you need at least 600m but that's still not it because cinemaplex's share grows bigger every week since opening so in short if you don't make 300m in the opening week you will never break it even

I think she does it to people shorter than she is.

She really likes to touch other humans

Tv btfo

because she is in charge, she is alpha as fuck

Audience response. The reason why BvS failed so bad is not bcause of the critic's response, but the audience. Despite all the shit reviews, it had a massive opening weekend, and if people would've liked it and it had good word of mouth, it could've been a hit like so many other films with shit reviews. The audience didn't like it so they didn't go again, nor recommended it to others and it fucking fell almost 70% on its second week.

Has Sup Forums ever shit on a film and begged for a flop more than this film? I don't care about capeshit, but find it fascinating that Sup Forums could have been so, so wrong.

good movie is good

Do yourself a favour.
Watch it.
It's good.

Sup Forums was right about Ghostbusters but that movie was really garbage.

because they were blind by "jew rat face" and "strong women" memes

the moment I was watching this movie and realize that the cinema was filled with families with their childrens I knew this would be a success

also when I realized the charisma Gal Gadot has

JL literally looks like a MCU quipfest just this time with an actual competent action director.
Its literally what normies want.
BvS was way too much of a quiet, even cerebral film for them, this has Aquaman on the Batmobile screaming 'oh yeah!!'.
Also, Spiderman is going to underperform because the same normies than want shit for some reason got soured at the notion of rebooting spiderman once again in less than 5 years.

>mfw came back from BvS telling Sup Forums that people cheered when Wonder Woman appeared with her cello theme
>got called a lying retarded shill

this
Based Gal

The thread formats have become exactly the same and there is always one up. A commercial movie poster or article about the film with mindless praise or profit figures. Please delete these threads janitors, this is pure shilling spam.

that literally was the best part of the movie
>batman crash
>"OH SHIT"
>DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA

its alright user, you were right.
we see that now.

>good movie

>It's good

yep, still good

It was literally my favorite part of the movie. Her theme was hype as fuck.

People didn't cheer in my theater 'cause I'm not American, but when she showed up one kid said "Wonder Woman!" really loud and excited, which was pretty much the only sensible positive reaction during the whole film, except for a few laughs for the "freaks dressed like clowns" line.

I still like it, what now?

this rat cant even look good with photoshop and a side view hahaha

the marketing images for her are hilarious

>always at an angle
>shopped to fuckery

its like DC know they fucked up allowing her to be cast

>People didn't cheer in my theater 'cause I'm not American
I'm not even American, that's probably why no one believed me. I only told my sister, who was with me that she would've been in the movie so while she was almost comatose after a while she asked me "yeah but when's Wonder Woman going to do something".

>Good movie with a few weak scenes
>Shit movie with a few decent scenes
This is the difference between BvS and WW,

keep pushing this meme, I really think it's starting to gain steam

just kidding haha

>the ending where trevor's team and the germans help each other up as the sun rises.
pretty good

All I could hear during my watching of the movie were questions about who is that and what is that.
This movie was like watching a stuttering retard trying to tell you a story he heard somewhere else but butchering by jumping backwards and forwards, without a clear flow that allows you to comprehend what the hell is he trying to say.
And then I heard Snyder speak, and I realized that's exactly what it was.

Fucking awesome. Wondy deserves it.

weak fight scenes but the pace was very good, the characters pretty interesting and very well build relationship beetwen protagonists

Pretty awesome for WW, kinda sad for BvS considering that big opening.

The CGI was shit but the movie was about the characters

I wasn't bothered by the CGI until Ares. And even then at the theater it didn't really affect me.

I had this little girl in front of me in BvS and she was bored as shit when they fought, but when WW showed up she jumped out of her seat and started watching silently.

BvS was too slow and adult for infantilized modern audiences
It needed quips, Pacman and Rick and Morty references.

>adult
Adult as in "geriatric", yes.

I can't argue with those spectacular digits.

Not really. We're still talking about Wonder Woman a month after it came out

>t was the critics response?

Audience response and word of mouth. But even for good word of mouth it's leggier than I would have thought.

>and at least equal amount in marketing

Stopped reading right there

Don't fall for the "marketing" bait.

I just finished watching, pretty good.

DCEU movies always need a gorillion.

Nah, you're talking about box office a month later.

There is literally zero discussion anywhere about the movie itself, even among the fans. It's just fems going to see it over and over and over again.

>>yet to open in Japan
Why do you idiots think Japan cares about capeshit? the most successful capeshit movie in Japan is spider-Man 2. Then spider-Man.

>movie at the very start of the capeshit fad vs a movie released at the height of it

desuarchive.org/co/thread/87544477/#87557670
>WW has to compete with Transformers 5
>Pirates of the Caribbean opens the weekend before WW, ... and the rebooted Mummy franchise with Cruise opens the weekend after.
>Wonder Woman will be dead in theaters long before June 23rd. It may well open at #2 if this is another billion dollar Pirates movie; it will almost certainly be at #3 in it's second weekend, if not #4.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/86321269/#86321679
>But Wonder Woman, a movie that nobody cares about, is competing directly against Transformers 5 and Pirates of the Caribbean 5.
>Poor Wondy is going to get spitroasted by Jack Sparrow and the demonic, psycho version of Optimus Prime.
>desuarchive.org/co/thread/91354796/#91375308
>The Mummy with Cruise I think will draw big numbers. If people can get over how weird it is to see Cruise in a fantasy film, I think people are really gonna dig it.
>Transformers will make a billion dollars with the help of Anthony Hopkins. We'll all complain and wonder why but it'll make a billion.
>And poor Wonder Woman is caught in the middle of this gangbang.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/90415888/#90436635
>DCU movie
>lead actor who can't act
>leaked plot synopsis is fucking awful
>Is going up against the second week of Pirates 5, then has The Mummy coming out the week after
>I can't see it doing well at all.
desuarchive.org/co/thread/87478322/#87487316
>Wonder Woman opens at #2 behind Pirates 5 second weekend
>Fades to #4 behind The Mummy and WWZ2 in second weekend
desuarchive.org/co/thread/85244499/#85246787
>Unexperienced director
>Rushed production
>Heavily touched-up script
>Story by Zack Snyder
>Script by a guy whose Wonder Woman series pitch was not good enough even for the CW.
>Gal Gadot leading a movie
>Stacked up against Baywatch and Pirates of the Caribbean on the week before, Bad Boys III on the same week, and The Mummy and World War Z 2 on the following week

Okay?

Should be updated to this webm.

>What if this gets to $800M?

Good?

I haven't seen it but if it's actually what people wanted out of a WonderWoman movie then despite all my shitposting about Gal Gadot being a skeleton who can't speak english, kudos.

What I'd really want out of all this is DC realizing people want their core heroes somewhat intact from Snydervision.

If they make a solid Batfleck solo movie without the bullshit Nolan "updates", I'll be very happy. And probably most other people. And the executives after the box office.

Think about it, there hasn't been a real Batman movie ever. You get the Burtonized version (the cartoon gothic Gotham was done better in the animated show), you get the abortions (Schumacher), you get Nolan-Batman.. all these have very little to do with Batman from the comics.

Batfleck has potential as the older broken Bat, skipping past some of the usual origin story was good. But he's still been held back by Snyder's god complex.

forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2017/07/02/box-office-wonder-woman-soars-past-700-million-worldwide

>Justice League should be retitled Wonder Woman and the Challenge of the Super Friends

It's funny because it's true. Especially because for super casuals, the first JL trailer doesn't even show Superman yet.

>actual competent action director
>whedon

I wouldn't believe any of these figures at all.

Snyder...Whedon is not doing much.
The damn thing was probably pretty much done when Snyder walked out.