Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose > Jose Chung's From Outer Space > War Of The Coprophages > Humbug

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose > Jose Chung's From Outer Space > War Of The Coprophages > Humbug

I still don't know where to place Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster. Probably between Jose Chung's and WotC.

Also, X-Files general. Do you think Teliko is the best episode? Do you think John Shiban is an underrated writer? Do you think Doggett sucks? Do you like Reyes is a good character? Feel free to share any of your shitty opinions here!

If you're gonna complain about how everything always ends in a cliffhanger and how the mythology never explains anything and makes no sense, please dont!

Other urls found in this thread:

liztellsfrank.com/2015/08/20/the-x-files-the-skip-itwatch-it-guide/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No X-fags around?

I've never watched X-Files. I only know of the Clyde Bruckman episode because the character was named after a friend and co-worker of Buster Keaton, who co-directed The General and also an heroed in real life.

You should, if you're into this kinda stuff. I held on re-watching it because I always thought it was gonna be shit and ruin my memories of it, but when I did eventually re-watch it, I found out it was even better than I remembered.
It's got a pretty high ratio of good/great episodes for a series that went for so long, with so many episodes per season.

This is a good ranking user, you should feel proud for having based xkino taste

Did anyone ever try to make sense of the whole myth arch?

I didn't, and I liked it that way. Back when I first watched the show when I was a kid, I watched it all in fucked up chronology, going back and forth between new episodes and re-runs, and I always assumed it was just vague and we would never know exactly what was going on, the same way Mulder & Scully never knew. I like it better that way.
The mythology totally shits the bed after the Syndicate is gone anwyay.

I loved all the ayy lmao mythology episodes

How would you rank the Vince Gilligan episodes (only counting the solo ones)?
I have a hard times ranking those, because I actually find many of them pretty weak, but also think later episodes like Roadrunners and John Doe are pretty underrated.

That episode had just the perfect bittersweet ballance.

Seasons ranking: 2-5>1>6 & 8>7>9

Again, not sure how to rate the newer one, specially since it had so few episodes compared to the older seasons. I actually quite liked it and thought it had one shit episode (the one with the other agents). I just hope Chris Carter doesn't write and direct so many episodes in the next season.

Last bump.
I want to believe in you, guys!

>it had one shit episode
try 5 shit episodes and only one watchable one, 1003

The Darin Morgan episode is obviously the best of the season, but I thought the other two MOTW episodes were good, classic X-Files and the first and last were a mixed bag, like pretty much all mythology episodes after season 5.
Maybe it was just that I had very low expectations, but I liked it that they pretty much play it straight instead of going in a too self-conscious, "FUCK YEAH THE X-FILES" direction, like revivals tend to do. The only episode that did this was the fifth, and that's why it ended up not only being the worst in the season, but one of the worst in the whole series.

>control-f
>no Small Potatoes

amateurs

Feel free to contibute to this

reminder that Lucy is still running around causing trouble
maybe she could show up in an x-files ep? with a Frank guest appearance

Never watched Millenium. Should I?

Is this a good episode guide? I've been using it but some of their reasonings and reccomendations have been really fucking shit

liztellsfrank.com/2015/08/20/the-x-files-the-skip-itwatch-it-guide/

yes.
Also fuck you I had finally forgotten all about 'Love is Blue' but now its stuck in my head again >:(

>no young at heart
nu-Sup Forums please leave

Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose isn't just the best X-Files episode, it's a damn special piece of entertainment that deserves to be recognized even outside the show as one of the best pieces of tv ever produced.

i'm going to download this, it better be fucking good or i will end you

Don't go into it with too high expectations, that's how things get easily ruined. But watch it for what it is, it helps if you already know the basics of X-files, but even if not, what the episode does so brilliantly is setting up these precognition tropes and then subverts all of them so nicely and in some cases, very funny ways. And it's sad too.

I wanna put War Of the Coprphages higher but it doesn't quite beat Jose Chung's or Clyde Bruckman's

Syzygy is pretty good. Better than Humbug for sure.

>tfw the season 10 finale literally copied the plot of Season 5's Patient X.

If you were a true X-fag you'd realize I was only ranking the Darin Morgan episodes.
But you're just here to shitpost your failure of a meme.

Like I said here I was just ranking the Darin Morgan episodes.
Home is probably one of my top 5 episodes, for instance.