What is the most overrated film of the century? I nominate pic related, Boyhood, or Birdman

What is the most overrated film of the century? I nominate pic related, Boyhood, or Birdman

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IsMMMkHz2MU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That's a soundtrack not a film.

>I have terrible taste.

t. moron

Dumbass, your bait is subpar.

Lord of the Rings

Fellowship specifically

Probably any one of the LOTR movies, though I'm willing to pet you watched your nomination on your phone, am I close, OP?

From a cinematography standpoint, Fury Road is pure ass.
>what kind of color palette you want senpai?
>ORANGE AND BLUE LMAO
Friendly reminder that Sup Forums will defend this.

Yeah, I hated Citizen Kane and the Godfather. They were just so boring.

Compare that to the exciting action in the Transformers series, and I don't know why people would pay to see The Cuckfather or Citizen Cuck.

Suicide Squad, because that steaming pile of shit somehow managed to win an Oscar.

>pic unrelated

>winning an Oscar for costumes somehow means it's highly rated.

Anyway, pic related. It's not even up for debate.

>not exclusively watching Black and Chrome
Mental midget detected.

ONLY WATCH CHROME ON CHROME THE WAY THE COMBUSTION GODS WOULD DEMAND

No Country for old men

Fury road is simultaneously great and overrated. For many normies it's the first actually good action movies they've seen in years. They haven't seriously explored the genre and don't realize there are a lot of really excellent action kinos out there.

>he didn't get Birdman

Birdman and Fury Road are modern masterpieces of their respective genres. Boyhood is a piece of shit though

The Dark Knight
[s]JK[/s]

What was the appeal of boyhood?

I watched it the other day, but it was boring so I turned it off. I even like better call saul; boyhood just had no substance.

Fury Road and Birdman are kino
I will agree with you on Boyhood however

The fact that half of this thread is defending Mad Max Fury Road is proof that Sup Forums is a provincial board of Reddit.

>Bought a special edition blu ray when he could've just changed the colour settings on his TV

What color is sand and what color is the sky?

I'm not witnessing any digits there

This. People criticize the filters but they are exactly what the story conveys. There is nothing else in the wasteland. Also bitches wear white, duh

It's movie about life during growing up, when a boi become youngster. It's very comfy. No "dude drugs LMAO" or "dude child pregnancy" shit that niggers and degenerates practice.
Also it's movie with Ethan Hawke
I don't know what you expected.

Beside that it got some very good, enjoyable and firm, big milf tits.

Any movie that's won Best Picture since 2010

Jfc end this meme, too many impressionable children on here believe it

All the proof you ever needed that Sup Forums is just a /r/movies offshoot is that they call it pretentious

It is Mad Mex. Nobody remembers Birdman anymore, and nobody talks about Boyhood

Special mention to LOTR and Gladiator (although I don't know if it is from this century)

Birdman was a masterpiece. The acting was great, the long shots were brilliantly done, the ambiguous ending left just enough room to REALLY MAKE YOU THINK, the casting was inspired (bravo Keaton) as was the plot vehicle of an ex-capeshit actor craving relevance and artistic credit and staging a Carver story

Indeed, what were the flaws in Birdman? There certainly weren't many at all

As others have said, Mad Max: Fury Road, Gladiator and Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings trilogy. But then that's just from what I see on Sup Forums, I don't know what normalfaggots like. but among underaged autists these three movies are supreme.

Say whatever else you will about the movie, costume design was on point. Harley's look alone was iconic, but even the side-goons like the climbing guy who died early and Captain Shitpost were well done.

Gr8 b8 8/8

Fury Road is Road Warrior done better in every way.

Only autistic nostalgiafags, sjws and poltards (strangely enough it offends both) hate it.

IT TOOK 12 YEARS TO MAKE

the century is not over yet retard

Id say wonder woman seeing that 92% on rotten tomatoes almost fucking killed me

Can someone explain to me what the point of dianas mom was to lie to her about her being the god killer? Where the fuck did that sword come from? Why didnt diane destroy all the gas at the end? Why did the god of war even fucking tell her that she was the god killer he could have just keep lying and make her believe the sword was the god killer and kill her while she is down with her hopes

Ending fight was also the most generic shit ever

If the rotten tomatoes rating means that directors can make the shittiest movies aslong as there is a female strong lead it makes me scared for the future

Old country for no meme.

> comparing mad max to boyhood or birdman
good bait my man, go back to pol

>Id say wonder woman seeing that 92% on rotten tomatoes almost fucking killed me
Rotten Tomatoes is complete trash. Nothing promotes 6/10 films as much as that site.

Boyhood was complete ass and it took 12 years to make.
Birdman was okay but who tf cares about the one shot shit. Its pretty much a fucking gimmick because with out it the movie would suck.
Mad max fury road was cool but why is it advertised for adults. It seems like a damn kids movie. My little bro would of loved it too. Honestly it could of probably been better if it was pg 13

I agree. The only flaw for me personally was The Frog herself, I can't stand her and her acting was terrbile.

Inception and Interstellar.

Only because of the logic tho. The music and action and efx is all good. Inception became retarded when they started layering dreams and interstellar started to suck during the black hole shit

This

Ex Machina
(soon to be) Baby Driver
Django Unchained

Give me one buzzword-free argument against Fury Road except that the script isn't "le deep", which it doesn't even try to be.
The execution of literally every other filmmaking element is flawless.

Pulp fiction
Alien

It has women in it.

OF THIS CENTURY YOU DUMMY!!!

The main characters are the least interesting part of the movie.
>implying the writing is flawless
Top kek

He said the execution of every other filmmaking element besides the script is flawless you mongoloid.

>implying the cinematography is flawless
>implying the performances are flawless
>implying the editing is flawless
No

>The execution of literally every other filmmaking element is flawless.

explain

That stupid fucking planet of the apes reboot trilogy that everyone on Sup Forums loves despite being utterly inane and pointless

The editing is perfectly on point. Even the faster cut scenes like the Furiosa and Max fight sequence was so seamless, never was there a single misplaced shot or jarring cut that takes you out of it.
John Seale did a great job on the visuals. The framing and composition of the cinematography also works in great favor of the editing, this short video explains it well youtube.com/watch?v=IsMMMkHz2MU
The choreography and blocking is exceptional, not a single shot where the viewer is not aware what is happening.
Production design is top notch with almost every set piece being completely practical. The visual effects compositing with the practicals is seamless. The soundtrack is great and compliments the narrative pretty well. The sound mixing and sound editing is something else, probably why was it was the best cinema experience of 2015.

It's no coincidence that it won Oscars in practically all of these categories.
>inb4 Oscars are rigged
Only The Best Picture category.

Give me just a single example of bad cinematography or editing from FR please, I'll wait.

birdman was great
mad max was good
boyhood was a steaming pile of shit.

Nah dude it's good. Sorry life isn't kind to you.

But Wonder Woman is 8/10

Fury Road doesn't hold a candle to Road Warrior, try again faggot

>muh nostalgia

>hurr nostalgia
I watched them all in a single day last year, take your non-argument out of here

If you want me to come up with a counter-argument present an actual argument first.

Then tell me why Fury Road is better than Road Warrior, which you haven't actually done yet

>I saw one video on youtube and now I'm an expert in colour theory

I appreciated Birdman because it completely ridicules CapeShit and anyone who tries to argue its merits.

I appreciated MadMax because it was a big-budget action spectacular that wasn't bogged down by CapeShit tropes.

I liked Boyhood because it was a thoughtful, patient film that explored the process of growing up in a unique and evocative way. I also liked it because its complete anti-CapeShit.

Basically, at the end of the day, I fucking despise CapeShit and any movie that is decently made and doesn't contain some god damned meme-spouter comic cunt and his faggot friends is a step in the right direction in my books.

Doesn't have little kids or quirky gyrocopter pilots.

So where's your argument?

considering the story is better in the video game, yes this movie is a failure. could have been great but didn't because of lazy writing

Road Warrior has a better main character and script. Fury Road has better everything else.
They aren't really that much comparable either besides the setting they take place in.

So you like to have pandering to children in your movies?

How does the gyro-captain appeal to children?
How does the feral kid? Or do you not understand what he adds to Max's character arc?

>Road Warrior has a better main character
They're pretty much exactly the same.
Cynical guy who's seen some shit getting dragged into helping people.

>and script
It's just a set-up for a long action sequence. Fury Road does it much more effectively.

>How does the gyro-captain appeal to children?
He's wacky with a wacky machine. How does that not appeal to children?

>How does the feral kid?
It's a kid. And he fights the comical bad guys.
>Or do you not understand what he adds to Max's character arc?
You can do that without an annoying kid.

>They're pretty much exactly the same
Oh good, so you haven't seen Road Warrior
>It's just a set-up for a long action sequence
Maybe in Fury Road, but Road Warrior has an actual plot and pacing to it

like what?

>Oh good, so you haven't seen Road Warrior
Please tell me how Max is any different.
>but Road Warrior has an actual plot and pacing to it
It's nothing but a set up for the escape with the truck.

>Please tell me how Max is any different
He loses everything at the end of the second act rather than at the start of the movie, gets properly called out on his lone wanderer shtick not long before and communicates in more than grunts
>It's nothing but a set up for the escape with the truck
No shit, that's why it's called the climax of the movie, whereas in Fury Road they get chased for a while, stop, turn around then get chased a bit more and then it's over

>things happening to Max are slightly different that makes him a different character
wat

>whereas in Fury Road they get chased for a while, stop, turn around then get chased a bit more and then it's over
And in Road Warrior they bum around for a while and then escape and the the movie is over.
Everything sounds bad if you reduce it like that.

This is like saying the Matrix is nothing, but a set up for the lobby scene.

The Matrix didn't have an extremely simple bare-bone plot like the Road Warrior.

>costume design was on point
Was it really though?

>Harley's look alone was iconic,
They just copied an iconic look.

The Matrix plot is incredibly simple. Are you slow?

Good artists copy, greatest artists steal.

There are whole books analyzing Matrix' plot.
To be fair, they're retarded but it's way more than the Road Warrior has.

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

Best post.

>any movie that is decently made and doesn't contain some god damned meme-spouter comic cunt and his faggot friends is a step in the right direction in my books.
are you okay user? You seem to have a lot of pent up frustration directed at a pretty harmless genre of movies. Do you want to talk about it?

Hahahaha jews amirite they r so dumb XD

I came here to post this.

>the ambiguous ending left just enough room to REALLY MAKE YOU THINK
About what?
"Hmm I wonder if he can really fly irl?"
Are you retarded?
He killed himself.

Birdman is great though

This, if you exclusively watch action films that get heavy advertising then I could easily see people thinking it's one of the best action films in recent memory. If you properly explore the genre, especially internationally then the movie become less impressive. In saying that I still absolutely love fury road but it is a stretch to call it the best action film of the decade like a lot of people do.

Her look isn't iconic it is just a rip off of an already iconic image which you would know if you were older than 15.

Sorry mate no one will back up your shit opinion. Try Sup Forums they seem to hate apes from what I've heard.

Are you asking me to name some great action films? I mean I could name dozens.

A better tomorrow, a better tomorrow ii, the killer, bullet in the head, hard boiled, hard target, face/off.

Universal soldier regeneration and universal soldier day of reckoning.

The indiana jones trilogy, the die hard trilogy.

The raid series, spl2 a time for consequences, tom yum goong, ong bak, the ip man trilogy.

A bittersweet life, the man from nowhere, the good the bad the weird.

Crouching tiger hidden dragon, the blade, 8 diagram pole fighter, dirty ho.

John wick series, the matrix series, speed, point break.

The mission, exiled, vengence, fulltime killer, breaking news.

Eastern condors and too many jackie chan films to type (police story is a good start)

motherfucking riki oh.