Do you download 720p or 1080p, Sup Forums?

pic not related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UC4R8DWoMoI7CAwX8_LjQHig
youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1080p for animated movies or movies with heavy CGI / special effects, 720p for dramas and stuff.

I don't download anymore
I watch LIVE streams ONLY
youtube.com/channel/UC4R8DWoMoI7CAwX8_LjQHig

720 unless I know it's kino. Usually it's just a matter of time. I only have 25mbps and would rather watch my kino in 8 minutes than 25.

1080p

the one with the better bitrate

i stream from 123 movies FREE

1080p for Kino, Animation, and favorites (Tarantino, PTA, Lynch), and if I know I'll be watching on my TV.

720p for throwaway classics or new releases that I need to watch.

BRrip for Rares or average caper flicks.

I try to get the highest quality video that's available.

I download whatever garbage the latest putlocker knock-off site provides for free.

720p of course.

If I actually like the movie enough I'll just buy it outright.

1080p for movies that you can't buy like some foreign movies or movies stuck in limbo

720p and then scale it with MadVR. 1080p if there's no high quality 720p available.

720p. They are easier to find. Good enough for phone.

1080p always unless it's a shitty TV show or something.

What kind of shitty phone doesn't handle 1080?

The difference between 720p and 1080p (or even 4K) is far less noticeable than between 720p and SD.

When searching for a quality torrent these days I don't even look at the video specs anymore, only audio. Who cares is it a "1080p" if it's a heavily compressed artefact filled YIFY shitty encode.

Audio quality is the first thing every encoder cuts off dramatically because of it's size and the fact that most normies don't care if they watch a movie with atrocious 92kbps sound (but they sure do love to complain about incoherent dialogue and distorted explosions)

youtube.com/watch?v=wKiIroiCvZ0

It's still pretty noticeable.

Not niceable enough to make downloading MUCH larger files worth it (not to mention buying a 4K TV, player etc.).

It's worth it for me with 1080p files desu

It's baffling to me that people today use streams.
Just torrent the damn movie, if you have a decent enough connection to be able stream them you can download them too.

The quality on all streams is atrocious, and even if you find something with a somewhat decent video quality you can be sure that the audio is always utter dogshit, digitally distorted 96kbps uncomprehensible trash.
You listened to better quality audio in 2008 while downloading dodgy bootleg version of songs from fucking Limewire.

>b-but I want to watch mobies it right away
While you watch an already downloaded film you can put atleast 2 more films to download while you are watching this and there you go, you have a constant stream of films available to you and delete whatever you want after watching.
No excuses you pathetic filthy casual.

720p if it's some mainstream flick an i want it quick, 1080p for kino

Do you all live in third world countries with shitty bootleg internet connection or what?
The difference between downloading a 720p or 1080p file is mere minutes, and I have the most basic internet package I can have.

1080p 2GB max
720p if i'm watching on my phone

1080p. Preferably in the 3-4GB range if it's x264, lower if it's x265.

I only stream if I can't find a torrent.

>While you watch an already downloaded film you can put atleast 2 more films to download while you are watching this and there you go, you have a constant stream of films available to you and delete whatever you want after watching.
>not just using qBittorrent

1080p Remux

whatever yify has.

There are 1080p non-YIFY torrents for pretty much every movie even on public trackers. You're much more likely to have trouble finding streams of non-mainstream movies than you are torrents. Where do you think streaming websites get the files from to begin with? I don't understand this argument at all.

>deleting files
Buy a hard drive

Why would I save films after watching them on my hard drive when the Internet is my hard drive?

>people comparing resolutions and ignoring bitrates

A high bitrate "720p" will look better than some bitrate starved "1080p".

Good encoding settings and not choking the bitrate to hit stupid file size requirements is far more important than resolution.

YOU WILL NEVER EXPERIENCE A FILM UNLESS YOU WATCH IT IN THIS VERY SPECIFIC WAY

sure thing old man

bd-rips, ive just given up on life at this point

Watch BRrips, not BD

BRrips are encodes of encodes
BDrips are encodes from the disc source

BR = Garbage, like the country
BD = Good

>Movies
1080p

>TV Shows
1080p when available, if not then 720p

Imagine working on something for 10 years, getting in debt sucking executive cocks left and right just to get the money to do it, finally do it and spend 6 months filming and 6 months in postproduction, release it and all that for a fucker to watch a 700mb screener version of your film on his fucking phone with maybe one chinese trash iphone earbud on and simultaneously replying to whatsapp messages and getting notifications for a fucking steam sale lmao

maybe lynch should make better movies

inland empire is the direction equivalent of phone-watching

My bad you're right, if the bitrate is the same a BDrip is superior

Who cares about Inland Empire now, we are talking about watching a film on your damn phone.

how small is too small?

A 13 inch laptop is already too small.
And screen size isn't everything, the audio playback is just as important.

Headphones are a thing
I think 13 inches should be good enough up close.
They're good enough for your mom

for me, it's 480. 1080 hurts my eyes, it's too clear, 720 takes too long. most of the media i consume is lo fi music, so i have never understood muh quality. if you have something to say, it will be apparent.

You are aware that lo-fi music is produced specifically on high end monitors to end up that way?
Yes maybe they run the whole track through an old radio or something for that lo fi feel, but all the mixing is done on flat clear monitor speakers.

Oh it can handle fine but unless it's a particularly well shot I don't think it's necessary to blow extra data on it. Besides I have a 2gb limit on my contract. 1 movie and a few episodes is my daily dl.

1080 only for fap bait. E.g Knock Knock or anything with Gemma in it.

720 is good enough for me usually.

always 1080p

You get used to it, actually, and if the screen is of good enough quality the small size won't bother you.

E.g I've watched quite a bit of shit on my old S5 and it never mattered.

720 for weekly tv releases
1080 for collections/movies
i never seed. seeding is what gets you caught. i constantly monitor my torrent and remove it from the active list as soon as it's done.

I only download remuxes because I have literal autism. Shit sucks. Tbf I sit a couple feet away from a 55" oled

I can't imagine my favorite film for the first time on my fucking phone.
Must be a pretty sad wasted experience.

watching my favorite film*