I'm so goddamn sick of these movies. Has there ever been anything like this in the history of cinema?

I'm so goddamn sick of these movies. Has there ever been anything like this in the history of cinema?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_1940s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_1950–54
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_1955–59
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_1960s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'm sick of these movies
Then don't watch them you fucking mong

well, we did have vampire and zombie years
capeshit just got a wider universe (an actual universe)

Nothing this bad. I preferred the age of LOTR wannabes.

I stopped caring/watching after Avengers 2.

Didnt see guardians of reddit or any of the other marvel startups. I just dont care.

The closest analog is probably the glut of WW2 movies in the late 60s early 70s. The vast majority of these have been utterly forgotten about now except for the exceptional few like The Dirty Dozen, but at the time each one was a big event, made a ton or money, and was packed with top notch actors given very little to do. Midway is probably the poster child of this forgotten era, but there's so, so many.

Westerns. The number of western movies from the 20s to the 50s is staggering.

There even was western sci-fi, western noir, western horror, etc. Even an all midget western movie.

>sick of these movies
literally only like two and a half studios churn em out, just don't watch them? there are plenty of other movies that come out each year

stop acting like reddit and looking for things to be outraged over

>Has there ever been anything like this in the history of cinema?

No. And that's why it's confusing for people like you, because Hollywood found a precedent they haven't exploited yet and now they're doing it at full fucking speed. Not only Marvel movies have a "cinematic universe" but now you have DC, Universal 'Dark', Star Wars, Kong/Godzilla, film universes. There's probably more but one going on is more than enough.

Now they excuse to make the same film over and over again without any criticism because
>"hey man, it all takes place in the same universe! It's gotta look the same!
At least the fucking Western genre had different places and times and actors and directors etc. with no connection to each other for the most part.

Westerns

Cape shit in one form or another has taken over almost all cinema. It appeals to a wide audience. Children and their parents taking them as well as older unaccompanied children.

This is the mullet on movies, we will look back at these movies and shudder. What an embarrassment.
Some westerns were decent thou

Cinematic Universes aren't new. Universal did it years ago. Slashers did too (Freddy, Evil Dead, Texas chainsaw, Halloween, Chucky, Jason are all in the same universe according to Jason Goes to Hell/Freddy VS Jason/Bride of Chucky). Kaiju monsters/King Kong too.

It's just more streamlined and in the same mold now. That's all. It's cookie-cutter factory made shit.

Some were great. I wasn't talking about quality, but about the phenomenon.

Universal horror movies

Write to your congressman.

>It's just more streamlined and in the same mold now. That's all. It's cookie-cutter factory made shit.

Thats my point, its all the same because its intentionally that way and they found a way around that criticism by blanketing it with the 'cinematic universe' excuse. Because dumb dumbs won't be able to tell its the same universe if the movie doesn't look the same. So why even bother with a different director for shit like that, get the most generic director out there to do---

>Ron Howard directing Han Solo movie
OH WAIT.

They've infected everything, every movie world needs the clunky expanded universe set-up just in case they need to milk it like an iron man or xmen.

And you wont believe who's in the post credits scene!!!

Westerns were the capeshit of the 1940s and 50s. Nothing but endless recycled crap about cowboys and outlaws over and over and OVER again.

The only good westerns were mostly made by Clint Eastwood, who emerged as an anti-hero reaction in the 1970s to the generic western crap.

right, I think OP was raging about how brain dead and creatively bankrupt these all are

D R O P P E D
R
O
P
P
E
D

check out some John ford, Sam Peckinpah, Howard Hawks, Sergio Leone, dude.

Jesus christ, please tell me you're joking.
Which Westerns from the 40s and 50s have you actually seen?

Mullets can be beautiful

He's true. If you want to talk about a saturated market, just look how many fucking westerns they put out every year in their golden age.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_1940s

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_1950–54

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_1955–59

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Western_films_of_the_1960s

I'm not denying that. I was responding to the second part of his post.

>The only good westerns were mostly made by Clint Eastwood
That has to be the worst opinion I've seen all week

>thou
Fucking retard

Thing about almost all of your examples is that genre films were made by every single company that could do it: from A list to Z. That's why slasher, western, war, giallo films mantained themselves fresh.

My closest bet is Paramount horror films.

>The only good westerns were mostly made by Clint Eastwood, who emerged as an anti-hero reaction in the 1970s to the generic western crap.

I get that you're probably under 20, but how the fuck can you be so wrong? Clint has directed two good westerns.

They're just movies you stupid fuck stop getting so emotionally invested.

Westerns were cheap to make.

Nowdays you need +100M$ budget to start a super hero film.

Less than 8 super hero films per year is not saturated market, you fucking faggots

It pisses me off that big budgets are being used to make garbage. But at least its a litmus test for which actors/directors/crew are sell-out fucks and which are actual artists.

>Freddy, Evil Dead, Texas chainsaw, Halloween, Chucky, Jason are all in the same universe according to Jason Goes to Hell/Freddy VS Jason/Bride of Chucky
I know of the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street crossover stuff but could you elaborate on the rest? I've been thinking of checking out those two in chronological order - do I need to incorporate the rest as well somehow?

Just be thankful its not western levels of a new one every week

The first guardians and winter solider was actually good and well written. Everything else is just recycled shit.