The new twin peaks isn't as scary. I am not sure what the difference is...

The new twin peaks isn't as scary. I am not sure what the difference is, but when the original did random stupid shit it was really unsettling and made it hard for the viewer to find their footing.

But when the new one throws in random horseshit, it's like some idiot larping as a twin peaks writer. The blackface hobo isn't scary, it's just trying to be.

I thought the hobo was scary and unsettling.

UH MEANWHYUUULLL AAUUGHGUGHHHHB AUAUUGHHG

no you didn't though

>get lynched
>try to pass it off as being too smart

Every time

I did

You don't need to be smart to be in touch with your feelings

You need to be smart to explain your feelings and why you think they are superior to the feelings of others.

In any case, you aren't smart and this thread you made is very bad. just what I'd expect from the worst board on Sup Forums

I'm smarter than you'll ever know, but that doesn't matter.

L

Not smart enough to understand the show though, you little faggot.

lol what a pleb. I doubt the blackface miner/woodcutter was very scary for anyone on its own, but the atmosphere of said scene was a very nightmarish stuff

I understand the show well enough, but not completely of course. For me to solve puzzles I have to care about them, like how sherlock holmes can overlook girls undressing in front of him because he simply doesn't care. If you want to explain the show to me go ahead, it'd be very nice.

But I am talking about feelings. I am duly confident in my ability to understand those.

This. I think it's because of the shitty digital look. But the problem is not that it's digital alone. There are lot of beautiful looking shows and movies that were shot in digital. I think Lynch is shit at shooting in digital.

His last movie was a decade ago and it was his first digital feature, and visually it was ugly. But that was probably intentional. His last movie that was shot on film was 16 years ago. I think he lost his touch or needs to go back to celluloid but it's probably impossible even for someone like his status.

Well, that's your opinion. Part 8 unsettled the shit out of me.

I disagree, Twin Peaks looks mostly great. It has a bunch of gorgeous wide angle shots. It kikda stumbles when it depocts more mundane settings and places like Dpugies Suburb or his workplace but even then it only looks slightly bland, not downright ugly.

>But when the new one throws in random horseshit, it's like some idiot larping as a twin peaks write

This right here perfectly describes what the new show is like. It comes off as really bad Twin Peaks fan-fiction made by some tumblrwhale who doesn't quite understand what made the original show and Fire Walk with Me so good.

Honestly I kind of agree, by all means I should've been blown away by episode 8 but it was just kind of okay. The only part I found somewhat scary was the car being stopped by the hobo.

The nuke scene wasn't as good as beyond the infinite, the theatre wasn't as good as Eraserhead and everything else wasn't as good as FWWM

twin peaks was literally never scary. i know for certain that none of you watched during original airing, which means you've only watched it on netflix within the last 5 years or so, so if you were older than 13 and still getting scared by BOB, youre a complete faggot

inland empire and mulholland drive also arent scary

So watching it in the nineties was less scary than watching today?

I am afraid I don't understand. Why wouldn't fear be timeless?

>posts weeb shit
>claims to be smart

because likely someone who posts on Sup Forums now is an adult, and in the 90s they would have been children. children may find bob scary, but any young adult/adult in the 10s watching TP now and being scared by it is an embarrassing faggot

Indeed I did. You are rather good at that, repeating what it is I said.

so are you saying adults didn't watch the show in the nineties? Was this show aired on a child's network?

>he thinks universal monsters from the 30s and 40s are still scary

Stop commenting and go watch your cartoons, weeaboo

I think scary monsters from the 30's and 40's are still scary, yes.

holy shit kill yourself. do you still check under the bed you sissy faggot?

It's because it's so unexpected and such a change in tone. And the fact that most of the show is presented as a soap opera, these moments in the original show really pull the rug out from under you.

New show dives headfirst into all that stuff so it isn't as jarring, therefore less "scary"

there is no space under my bed

>His bed is a mattress on the floor with no frame or boxspring

HAHAHAHAAH

mister don't you get tired of rushing headlong into these assumptions when you are wrong time after time?

I guess it's easier to warp reality so you always consider yourself as right rather than have a little reservation before you speak. but ease is a vortex that keeps you from getting stronger.

>he doesn't know about night jews

You got frightened because you are immature mentally. There's not much else to it, sorry.

A man puts on a puppet show and a scary scene occurs. A child weeps, an adult dissects with detachment the aspects of the show.

i feel pity for you. not that it'll matter to mister detached

The color grading is awful in many spots.

Also, the lack of music really stands out.

The tepid indie bands at the end of the episodes don't really help.