Just watched Blade Runner for the first time today. It was a pretty fun and cool movie...

Just watched Blade Runner for the first time today. It was a pretty fun and cool movie. The fuck was up with that unicorn dream, though? Also, why didn't Pris just snap Decker's neck when he had him on the vag stronghold?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NwJEb3vJvWY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>The fuck was up with that unicorn dream, though?

Ridley is a hack who doesnt understand his own movies.

Deckard is a Replicant

>Also, why didn't Pris just snap Decker's neck when he had him on the vag stronghold?
Because Deckard is a Replicant

I watched it recently too and have an extra question. What was the meaning behind the Origami figures?

I watched this today and it was so fucking dull I stopped paying attention and the first time I saw the origami figures was the unicorn at the very end and I had no idea what the significance was.

>watches rlm once

I literally do not understand why this would make you hate the whole film.

It makes perfect sense, Tyrell would probably get sick kicks in making replicants balde runners thus making replicants hunt and kill replicants. (Remember he liked to play god) And at the very end when Deckard is at his most human he discovers that he's a replicant.

Works for me.

Just a cheap deckard was a replicant all along twist that wasnt in the k dick book or the original script added at the last minute by scott because he's a retarded hack althought visually gifted in his prime he was always a pure child of the advertising school of filmmaking, all style and no substance, only carried by his talented collaborators during these early years which was due to jodo's dune, this highly innovative and creative leftover team from the leftover project, for both alien and blade runner you had dan o bannon the alien writer who was close to the blade runner screenwriter and metal hurlant comic book artist moebius who was the main visual influence for blade runner just like giger was brought in for dune etc scott was just lucky all these talents were interacting together at the same time and he leeched off them but he is a hack on his own as proved by literally every single film he's made on his own for the following four decades even his brother tony was a better judge of ideas and had more narrative and thematic cohesiveness to his filmography yet remained unsung as an auteur, tragic his suicide was, meanwhile hack ridley remains praised by cinema illiterate morons who dont understand anything about anything lmao who the fuck went to see his mars flick or the latest alien turd expecting kino these retard never ever fucking learn anyway this twist is shit because it kills the entire thematic point of the human being less of an emotional human than the robots he should have remained a human for the contrast otherwise that beautiful poignant improvised monologue from that cyborg nigga about tears in the rain one of the most kino scene in cinema history literally loses all its meaning and interesting relevance, and for what a twist the cheapest form of storytelling the proof of pure hacks, see also other retards like nolan or shyamalan who kept overrelying on em to hide lack of real talent

Is this entire thread satire?

I watched it today, too, and my main thought after watching it is that Roy is kind of a dick

>Tyrell made him and loves him
>Gets painfully murdered

>Rick murders his clone girlfriend and is out to murder him
>lol you get to live and learn a lesson about how life is precious and it sucks to be us

Come on!

Elaborate

Holy fuck, this might be the best post I have ever seen on Sup Forums. Thought for sure it was copy-pasta. You're passionate, alright.

Except that replicants who don't know they're replicants are unheard of. That's why Deckard, who deals with replicants for a living, is shocked when he encounters the experimental model with implanted memories.

I paid full attention to the movie and didn't get it either

that time gaff made the figure with the erection out of the matchstick was his way of telling deckard that he knew about his tyrell-implanted erotic dreams

that time gaff made an origami chicken was his way of telling deckard that he knew that tyrell had imbued him with a love of kentucky fried chicken

>Deals with replicants for a living
user, he's like one week old.

>balde runners
>he hunts the betafags hiding in plain sight wearing wigs

This. Why do people use his cardboard tent of a backstory, as proof that he's not a replicant when we meet another one 30 minutes into the movie?

It actually gives the movie more depth, too.
Edward James Olmos is in fact the real Blade Runner. That scene when Deckard walks in the Police precinct is the first time he ever sets foot there and the Lieutenant is scared shitless this fucking robot is going to go nuts and kill him, while Olmos is waiting in the background to make sure and stop him if it ever gets to that.

It does make Roy's monologue at the end kinda feel completely wasted, though.

Tells deckard how to live his new life, senpai.

RLM dickriders.

>Deckard is a replicant
>after Roy dies, Gaff tells Deckard he's "done a man's job"

I don't see how.

Eh, I suppose. But I do see the argument for people who don't want Deckard to be a replicant. The monologue strikes me as much more powerful if it were being relayed to a human.

Deckard is human at that point in time, for all intents and purposes.

Why does it matter? If anything it would further blur the lines of what defines human.

t. reddit letter media

What's wrong with Deckard being a replicant?

RLM were all over it like some kind of flaw?

It's much more powerful if it's relayed to a human that then gets the privilege to interpret it again as a replicant.

RLM was upset because they thought it was revisionism, but they didn't realize the movie was full of hints already, not just the unicorn.

>Tyrell explains to Roy how he can't make replicants live longer
>Deckard is alive in 2049
Is the movie actually going to be about how Deckard succeeded in finding the solution to extended replicant life, and Gosling has to hunt him down and figure out what he did?

RLM is incredibly overrated.
You can follow them for SW and capeshit but the moment they start to talk about something else, you realise how bad; superficial and misinformed they are.

Deckard from the new Blade Runner is the actual human being that Deckard the Replicant from the original was based on.

I like RLM. I feel like they are an entertaining waste of time. Their video was what made me interested enough to finally give this movie a watch to begin with. I completely disagree with their opinion on the movie, though. I didn't think it was boring for one second, which is impressive considering its two hour runtime.

I think yours is the right and healthy attitude. Laugh at the jokes, disregard their hyper-pleb opinions and often misinformed bullshit.

>replicant Deckard tracked him down
>real Deckard had to kill his own copy
>says fuck it and exiles himself from society because it's all fucked

Deckard's mind was implanted with Gaff's memories. Gaff is clearly retired and injured (cane, fucked up eye, etc.), Deckard was the experimental model of a replicant-turned-Blade-Runner created to hunt and kill his own kind while believing he himself is actually human.

That's why Gaff seems so angry with him all the time, why he's basically his babysitter/chauffeur, why he knows exactly where Deckard will go and what actions he will take, and why he uses the very specific phrasing of "you've done a man's job, sir" when he congratulates Deckard at the end. Also why he knows Deckard dreamed of a unicorn.

When did Tyrell say the new models had a short lifespan?

ENHANCE
I think they just tend not to like the film, and then developed a tendency to bring that fact up a lot as entertainers because it garners attention. And then in the video beta Jay was supposed to defend the film but he felt intimidated by alpha Jay and didn't say anything to that effect other than saying Ford's acting gave vulnerability and it was supposed to be bad in some scenes because he was trying to get them to cut that part out. It was like the Mike / Jay meme:
>Jay: What a shit movie. What did you think?
>Mike: I thought it was pretty good.
>Jay: Well yeah, it wasn't so bad. I kinda liked it in parts.

>Tyrell made him and loves him

He had him doing slave labor in an off-world colony for his short ass life span only to be replaced with another when he died. That's not love.

Tyrell was an egomaniac and a monster.

When Roy is interrogating him, they got into a whole argument about not being able to support the artificially created cells or something for longer. It's all some bullshit fake science, but the gist of it I got was that Roy & co. were as stable as he had figured out how to make them, and then Roy just dies on the roof.

so what's better, theatrical cut or final cut?

>RLM reviews film
>suddenly tons of threads about the film appear on Sup Forums

Theatrical. I'd rather deal with the voice-overs than the blue filter.

RLM: Getting Generation Z to watch movies since 2012.

I just interpreted it for specifically Roy, as he was an older model so their was nothing they could do for him.

The video has over 200,000 views and it only takes one person to make a thread.
>why are people watching and discussing a film that was just advertised to them

this just means that Gen Z will never have the chance to form their own opinion because it will always be dictated by RLM's opinion

Happens with every Re-View.

I've never seen so many Starship Troopers threads as I did a month ago.

yeah i don't mind that threads are being made but the fact that the threads are never made before the review worries me. it's like people here will only discuss movies RLM have reviewed.

>it's an RLM shills turn a Blade Runner thread into yet another shit RLM worshipping thread

Thank God, we get to actually discuss films for once.

These films are 20 / 35 years old. I don't get why it's so weird that people wouldn't be making constant threads about them until someone else brings them up. There are plenty of 80s/90s movies that don't get daily threads here which would garner some replies if I suddenly brought them up.
>it's like people here will only discuss movies RLM have reviewed.
Oh neat, they did a Truman Show re:View?

But the whole point of the fucking movie is that there really isn't much difference between replicants and "actual" humans...

Is "more human than human" supposed to just be a marketing meme?

Roy is a "super human" slave that lived life twice as bright due to his short life.

The real answer is that Gaff making figures throughout the movie sets up the ending. Deckard finds the unicorn figure and knows that Gaff was there, but he's letting Deckard and Rachel go.

But adding a stupid unicorn means that Gaff had seen Deckard's mind because Deckard's a replicant, and made a unicorn to clue him in.

That's just a bullshit consolation he tries to offer, like "Yeah, you only get to live a few years, but you had so many great experiences in your four years of slavery. Remember that time you saw attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion? These people down on Earth don't get to see that cool shit!" Meanwhile there were people with full lives living out there, being served by him, and fighting and dying in those attack ships.

What are you taking about?

It's stupid, and even when you know, it doesn't really effect the story of the movie. You could take out the unicorn scene completely, and it doesn't change anything except there's no stupid "twist".

Final Cut. As stupid as the unicorn thing is, it's not anywhere near as bad as the voice over.

What exactly was "twice as bright" about Roy's life? That he had super strength for his manual labor? That he saw space warfare from a distance?

Was it rape?

>It's stupid, and even when you know, it doesn't really effect the story of the movie.

One of the central themes of the movie is the ambiguity of the humanity of replicants.
How in the fuck would Deckard being a replicant NOT change our perspective on his actions and the movie.

But you also have to deal with everything being blue.

His emotional state and his insight of morality is the most advanced in the film.

Yeah

>these people spouting jays opinion
His critique of this movie actually destroyed him as an actual critic for me. He made observations that were false, like the replicants acting like robots (the most eccentric characters in the movie) certain tense scenes being boring, criticizing a movie as boring as a legitimate critique without stating why thats bad (is this even meant to be an exciting action movie?) and a ton of other shit he came out with. What a hack.

Honest question, if Deckard is supposed to be a replicant why has he aged in the new movie coming out? Is the new movie wrong? Am I retarded and don't know that replicants can age?

He was trying to make her feel things that are visceral and animalistic / trying to prove he himself is capable of actually emotions.

This guy knows what time it is

See: BUT HEY... THAT'S JUST A THEORY...

Same for me. Jay was the only RLMediocre that kind of respected but it turned out as much bad as Mike.

This there really wasn't one valid criticism other than "I didn't like it."

Complaining about Deckard being a replicant is just retarded.

Best scene in the whole movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=NwJEb3vJvWY

I say no. I think she wanted him but didn't know how to act on that desire on account of her sheltered life and probable lack of sex education, so when he started kissing her, she didn't understand what was happening and was probably scared as a result, not knowing what he was doing was normal. I think him forcing himself on her was ultimately the only way to get her to understand love since she wasn't truly human and likely would never understand if he hadn't done what he did. It may have seemed inappropriate but in the long run I think she would eventually come to understand why he acted that way.

How about the fact that they do these Voight Kaumpf tests on people that are clearly replicants? I love the movie but that always bugged me. Watch the interview with Leon at the beginning or the interview with Rachael. Anyone could tell they weren't human. They behave so strangely. Either they aren't human or they're autistic.

The test is to make sure blade runners aren't just gunning down random autists.

what's the unequivocal best version to watch?

Final Cut. Doesn't have the shitty narration like the theatrical cut and doesn't cut out the gore or change Roy's "father" line like the director's cut.

Honestly, it doesn't fucking matter. It's a great movie no matter which version you go with. And each one has its advantages and disadvantages.

Deckard is human.

Elaborate

this

No

The story is about a cop hunting robots who have more humanity than him.

>The dude loudly howling like a wolf is so humane
Shit retards say

Roy shows more emotion than Deckard does. 90% of Deckard's dialogue is borderline monotone and he sounds like he's on downers.

Deckard is not a replicant. Scott is a faggot.

Partially

>yeah i don't mind that threads are being made but the fact that the threads are never made before the review worries me

Back when Sup Forums was fresh and up until 2012 there were blade runner threads every day with people proclaiming that it was the best sci-fi (and even movie sometimes) ever made. This was back when ack-ack and Easy-E were the main memes of the board.

>Scott didn't write what he thought he wrote
Are you simple?

I love the film and liked the ambiguity of it. the idea of the film to me is it never really mattered if he was a replicant or not. because Deckard is still the same person. he looks like a human. acts like a human. and thinks he's a human and is for all intents and purposes a human, and a better person than most of the assholes he encounters through the film.

But for some reason Ridley wanted to go full retard and make it 100% certain to the audience Deckard was a replicant. why does it even matter?

>Deckard isn't a replicant

Eh...

Deckard was always supposed to be a replicant.

If he's not, then who the fuck is Edward James Olmos, what is with his disposition toward Deckard, and how do you explain "you've done a man's job"?

Ridley just had to beat his audience over the head with it in later releases, but it's always been there.

Also he puts that origami unicron on the floor in front of his apartment. Could it be because he knew about Deckard's unicron vision? If so, how does he know about it? I imagine Deckard never told anyone about it. Maybe the vision was planted in his head because he's a replicant and Gaff knows about that.

That unicorn vision was added in the final cut so that Scott could beat his audience over the head that Deckard is a replicant. Originally, it was just an origami to let Deckard know that he was there.