So whats the consensus on Oliver Stone's "The Putin interviews"...

so whats the consensus on Oliver Stone's "The Putin interviews"? Was he just too buddy buddy with the guy that kills the journalists who investigate him?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics
youtube.com/watch?v=QS2a44F5TgM
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMWBP7d2RU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Give a hoot. Read a book!

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundations_of_Geopolitics

>the guy that kills the journalists who investigate him?

Hello, am true American from Wisconsin, John Smitharovich Smith, am tell you such is lie. Putin is great man, never kill zurnalistyi. but what about Iraq war, iraq war, Mr Bush adventures, Iraq war, iraq war, iraq war, iraq war iraq war, hillary woerld war 3, iraq war iraq war, am literally cry krokodil tears right now!

hahaha me too thanks. Did not the USA hang negros?

Russia is the hero the world needs but not the one it deserves.

lol please mate

Im not anti-russian but everything Russia does is to further its own goals, of course almost every country is this way but don't pretend for a second they're going to "save " anyone

If youre smart, its interesting. By that, I mean you should be able to notice when Putin is saying something interesting and truthful and when hes full of shit and when hes somewhere in between. So many people already have their mind set about him, so instead of being analytical, they will just sweep every thing the guys says under the rug of "HES LYING!" or "HES EXPOSING THE TRUTH!" People do this with everyone in politics. They know politicians lie, but they dont know how to look into the shit they are saying, so they just say everything out of their mouthes is a lie because thats easier. Its too a point where someone can say water is wet and faggots would still bitch about them lying

Sup Forums irrevocably blown the fuck out

I think Stone overrates himself immensely. His questions were shit, he never really pressed Putin on some of the better questions, and he let Putin walk all over him. Some pretty good footage though.

>muh whataboutism
Can anyone explain what's wrong with whataboutism? If your country invades others, you don't get to be upset about invasions. Makes sense

With someone like Putin you have to be careful with how much you push since he'd have no problem walking out the instant you say something accusative.

JUST

we already know Putin is a good goy

not to mention Russia is like 30% mudshit

he sucks all their dicks publically

They are a force for good in that they are the only ones to check the USA which is chaotic evil

Would anyone here honestly not kiss his ass if you got to interview him? If you hit it off he might invite you to awesome hooker parties with his billionaire friends. If you actually make him upset you could end up mysteriously dying of radiation poisoning.

>Russia
>checks the USA

dont make me laugh

When Ivan the Terrible finally conquered Kazan, he made that sort of thing kind of inevitable. A bit too late to be upset now. If Russia didn't want Muslims, it shouldn't have conquered a shitload of land with Muslims on it.

Kissing peoples asses is a good interview trick though. Louis Theroux does it. So do some of the girl reporters from vice who are really flirty. I think its some journalist trick

Because Sweden never invaded anybody but for some reason they're paying in blood for their non-existent past crimes

Walking out is a sign of weakness, Putin is a lot of things, but not a man who shows weakness. There is no way even in the Kremlin itself that he would actually do anything to someone like Oliver Stone. If he had made Putin walk out on the interview he would've had a real story, now he's just letting Putin spew his propaganda.

Because it's retarded enough when dealing with individuals (because everyone can accuse anyone else of, say, stealing at one point in their life, and then it's ok to go mental with everyone stealing, rather than having a blanket rule of don't steal from anyone even if the victim is a shoplifter) never mind nations, where the government could do something shitty the majority of the population is against and then retards says "well it's ok for us to rape every woman in Berlin because of Nazi war crimes, dont dish it out if you cant take it lmaoooo" as if 14 year old Jenny is on the eastern front gunning down POWs in mass executions.

Putins propaganda is working, i like him

imagine being this butt hurt about a country you didn't even care about a year ago lmao

I'm sure you were just as upset when Putin invaded Crimea right? I'm sure you and the rest of your liberal friends boycotted the Olympics too?

oh wait, that would require you to have a basic understanding of international politics and not just repeating what your shareblue handlers tell you.

>they're paying in blood for their non-existent past crimes
Is Russia invading Sweden?

Theroux does it for the sake of tricking people into being themselves though, Putin is way too clever to fall for that. The only honest bit was at the very end where he wants to shake everybody's hands, and it isn't compromising at all.

No, I mean the grand concept of "no u"-ism

Ragheads are masters of it, every murder they ever commit is justified by hypothetical English/French crimes from a millennium ago

>it's retarded enough when dealing with individuals
No it isn't. If you're a NEET telling me to get a job, I wouldn't listen to you would I. You're a NEET, what do you know. That's whataboutism. You're just as shit as me, you don't get to call me out. Makes sense

The man is a genius, propaganda wise. I compare him to Goebbels, except he's much less extreme in the things he says, which helps him sell it that much better.

>hypothetical English/French crimes from a millennium ago
If Kosovo was bombed a million years ago, you would have a point. Here in real world US politicians were supporting a revolution in Ukraine as it was happening in 2014 and in 2016 the same people were outraged that Russia "interfered with elections". And yet somehow I shouldn't point this out. Why not?

youtube.com/watch?v=QS2a44F5TgM

This is correct. Making the interviewee comfortable is essential to a good journalist. It's easier if you're Chad or a woman though.

t. journalist

1. The person youre speaking to does not represent the country. For all you know they did not agree with the decisions made by their government
2. There a different type of invasions. For example, Russian invasion of Nazi Germany was more justified than Russian invasion off East Ukraine
3. Sometimes whatabouttism is not even relevant to the topic, e.g. "they hang negros"
4. Whatabouttism relies strictly on moral superiority argument, which is not always what is being discussed

You can just imagine Putin popping onto youtube and getting the video up, making sure the task bar disappears before showing it to oliver stone

Kissing ass and getting nothing out of the interviewee doesn't make at all for good interviews. Just makes you look like a shillto be honest.

A NEET could be telling you look, I know from personal experience how bad it is for your mental health to do nothing but sit about in your room watching TV all day, get a job and please don't end up like me, and they'd be right.

Or they could be totally talking shit trying to sound better than you and they'd still be right.

If Ted Bundy tells you eating too many burgers is bad for your health it doesn't make him wrong.

People walk out of interviews all the time, you're an autist if you seriously think Putin would sit there and respond to "yeah but why did you poison Alexander Litvinenko tho lol" and it wouldn't scuttle the interview.

Putin speaks at length and gives his perspectives on geopolitics which news outlets would not do

Four 1 hour episodes so it goes into depth

Stone is mostly apolitical

Stone does not try to go for gotcha questions

Putin and Stone watching Dr. Strangelove was kino

If your interviewee opens up more when he's comfortable it's a good tactic. If not what that guy says.

>putin repeats the usual russian propaganda
>oliver stone just nods in agreement

Truly a documentary kino.

>basic understanding of international politics
I'm assuming you do then, explain it then. Because Russia has done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot with all this.

>If Ted Bundy tells you eating too many burgers is bad for your health it doesn't make him wrong.
And if point out that Ted Bundy is a real jerk and I don't care for his advice, is that wrong? Because that's what you're trying to prove.

>you're an autist
Opinion disregarded. Isn't it past your bedtime child?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wvMWBP7d2RU
*breaths in*

Stone doesn't ask any worthwhile questions. I don't want to watch some guy ask an oligarch how his day was. What is so intriguing about that?

>Russia has done nothing but shoot themselves in the foot
Russia stopped a chain of revolutions that US wanted to kickstart in the post-Soviet world, that's what it did. Also, grabbed some land.
If by shooting in the foot you mean having bad relations with US, that would've happened anyway. US politicians were literally on stage during the Ukrainian revolution telling people to topple pro-Russian government. Where do you go from that with US-Russia relations?

What do you consider a worthwhile question?

You realize Russia is in the best state it has been in decades right?

Can you blush?

>Do you think a referendum is legitimate if it's done a week after an army occupies the territory?

Hard questions. I'm not a interviewer but It's not fun to watch Oliver Stone just nod in agreement as Putin tells him flat out propaganda or lies.

>he never really pressed Putin on some of the better questions, and he let Putin walk all over him
He wants to make it out of the country alive

Which Emma is the best?

Roberts, obviously.

t. Putin

>Because Sweden never invaded anybody
Poland, Denmark and parts of Germany would like to have a word with you

There's a line between kissing ass, and being polite. He did stray towards kissing ass though.

Yeah because some of the most accomplished men who were renown antisemites like Martin Luther, Henry Ford and Edison were failures. Kek.
Putin is another Good Goy leader who' likes pandering to Jews because he knows his nation can't be powerful without help from the kikes since the average Russian has a double digit IQ.

>implying his oligarch buddy didn't share best Emma with him

Wtf I hate Oliver Stone now!

It blows my mind that the left eats their own.

You really think he would've gotten a one way ticket to Siberia if he asked hard questions? I think that's pretty delusional.

Of course not, but maybe as he is about to leave the country they discover that something is wrong with his visa. Meaning that he can't leave until that's sorted, and that could take a long time.

A very long time

Best bit?

>I'm sure you were just as upset when Putin invaded Crimea right?
I was tbqh.
Don't jerk your weenie so hard to an imaginary strawman user, you're doing nerve damage to your dick.

Oliver Stone has a soft spot for anti-Murikan dictators.

>that quote
how can libucks ever recover??!

This is Oliver Stone, a world famous American movie director. Not some local politician. At most his footage would've been kept.

Why is Russia so kino?

>kiss the ass of the president of another country
>call others "cucks"
Sup Forumsshits are truly subhumans

Don't you know, nu/pol/ loves anti-americans

Putin tells you things you should have already considered, that is the geopolitics that's being played by the West.

He gives the typical non-answer or denial responses to those key questions about his eternal presidency etc. but that's expected.

What's truly new in this 4 part series is Putin's personality - Westerners usually don't see him at all outside of short interviews designed to make him look evil.

If westerns who have invested millions into the Russia and helping its economy can suddenly find themselves with visa issues that so can a world famous American director.

>Westerners usually don't see him at all outside of short interviews designed to make him look evil.
Everyone in EU knows that Putinlet loves to act like a big guy. His staged photo sessions where he wrestles bears and goes treasure hunting, he is known for them.

I think you underestimate the power of hollywood media outrage, even in Russia.

Likewise I think you underestimate the powers that Russia has to fuck you over should you find yourself on their land.

In America it's probably a bit different. America has an extensive propaganda system in place as well.

That's just what you do in Russia to stay popular. He doesn't love it any more than Obama loved all the comedy shows he appeared on.

>Russia stopped a chain of revolutions that US wanted
OR
People got fed up with living in a shitty Russian vassel state with no prosspects for a better and life and decided to get rid of the Russian yes men. All in all, Russia could have prevented all this if they had worked out an honest deal with the Ukrainians, as it would have gone a long way in opening up both nations to the EU and their markets. But they decided to go for broke and seized land, which in turn hurt their economy (that also could have been negotiated with Ukraine, the Russian Navy base in Crimea).
>that would've happened anyway
Previously US relations with russia were super good, with George Bush being a close friend of Putin and Obama famously wanting a reset, not to mention the draw down of NATO forces in the East due to inactivity there.
>US politicians were literally on stage during the Ukrainian revolution
Yes, so they could set up a gov that could give the country, (and subsequently the people) a fair shake at a not shitty life (ie work visas and lifting of sanctions on certain industries).

>You realize Russia is in the best state it has been in decades right?
Not really, the sanctions took a hit and they're paying up the ass for military projects that aren't showing promise.To say nothing of burning through their economic reserve.

Ted Bundy is shit.

His argument isn't.

Having the power doesn't mean you have to use it. Oliver Stone poses no real threat anyway, no matter what questions he asks.

why is vladmir so likeable? lol i know hes responsible for horrible shit, but he just seems so likeable haha

>economic recession
>record low oil prices taking a big hit while alienating much of Europe, it's biggest potential customers
Doesn't look good m8.

and the Crimean land grab was illegal per Treaty of Paris of 1856

I think, I know there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea.

>64 years old

How does he do it?

Thanks man I try my best

This. Oliver Stone has always been a contrarian, so he's the perfect match for the reddit colony that is nu/pol/

>People got fed up with living in a shitty Russian vassel state with no prosspects for a better and life and decided to get rid of the Russian yes men
Great narrative there, doesn't change the fact the literal US politicians were literally on stage literally telling people to overthrow the government. It's not a conspiracy, they literally did it. It's not important what Ukraine did, what's important is what US is trying to do. Ukraine isn't a threat to anyone.

>Previously US relations with russia were super good, with George Bush being a close friend of Putin and Obama famously wanting a reset
Yes, US always was very friendly with weak Russia. Always supported the Russian leaders who made Russia even more poor and shitty. Gorbachev was real popular in US. He collapsed the whole country, great guy, still loved by US politicians.

>Yes, so they could set up a gov that could give the country, (and subsequently the people) a fair shake at a not shitty life
Fucking hell, why am I talking to you, you unironically believe that US wants to spread happiness around the world. Go away, low IQ brainlet.

You don't know a lot about Russia's history do you?

botox

That's just a rude question to be honest. He's a guest there for god's sake.

I wonder if all those Russian diplomats dying was the retribution that Biden was talking about

>I think, I know there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea.
Yes, when Ukraine gave all their nuclear arsenal to Russia in exchange for Russia guaranteeing Ukraine's territory.

>there is a old treaty that says Russia can't take Crimea
Crimea was a part of Russia until 1991, retardo

>not realizing Putin is actually Rasputin and has lived for closer to 150 years

He's literally a mob boss, a friend of people(read:clients) but ruthless in maintaining power

We see the propaganda photos of Putin acting like a tough guy here too. It's really hard to say one country is excluded from certain media coverage these days. I live on the American east coast but I watch lots of France 24 and occasionally RT and other countries news outlets if I want a different perspective. It's not even hard to track these things down, it's right at our fingertips.

I know they were in a much better place ten years ago.

>muh referendum
Well let's make another one with western observers, why isn't that an option? I know why, because the result won't change and nobody wants to go along with it. Crimea is ethnically Russian and as big of a shithole as Russia is, Ukraine is an even bigger shithole. Why the hell wouldn't they vote for Russia.

>a year before 2008
>good place
Come on son

This.

Americans have no sense of hospitality.

>Why the hell wouldn't they vote for Russia.
Why not have a legitimate one without an occupying army and find out?