This might just be the worst sequel I've ever seen. There's lots of bad ones...

This might just be the worst sequel I've ever seen. There's lots of bad ones, but how do you go from absolute masterpiece to garbage-tier Twilight Zone over the span of two movies?

Was this the one where he blew up the whole world at the end?

Yes, with the nuclear mutants who have telepathic abilities

And then they fixed the rocket ship and rode the blast to travel back in time to creat a new monkey people timeline.

>And then they fixed the rocket ship and rode the blast to travel back in time

This happens off camera, too

Wasn't it supposed to be poetic that Taylor who damned the apes for blowing it up then himself blows up the earth altogether?

He tried to save the apes until Dr. Zaius refused to help him after he got shot.

Pic related. It's Zaius after Taylor got got

I always wondered if all the mutants look like shit then why do they all wear masks around each other

They know their history, so they wanted to resemble the humans of old, but they took them off during prayer to show their true selves to God.

the underground cult was kind of a cool idea. but yeah its not that good of a sequel

Part 3 is Pure ApeKino though.

>Ape planet was created because Zira can't hold her alcohol

smdh

I remember being triggered by the ending mainly because of the lead characters being gunned down.

The 3rd film is boss though

Would you take advantage of a drunk female ape?

Taylor wasn't damning the apes here. I'm pretty sure he knew that it was the humans who blew themselves out of existence.

The possibility of this being the ending of the new Woody Harrelson ape movie is the only reason I want to watch it

are the new ones any good?

yes, pure kino

Only the Mark Wahlberg one is good

Charlton Heston is a pompous asshole. In fact, I can almost guarantee you that Calculon from Futurama is 100% based on him. In his defense, the sequel shouldn't have happened in the first place, but he just wouldn't be in the sequel unless they ended it with everyone dying so he wouldn't have to do another one.

This movie is definitely a strange one. The original was strange but jesus christ

Are you saying he's a pompous asshole in real life, or in the movie?

Because if it's in the movie, then that's the point. He was a detached asshole that agreed to leave earth behind to build something else in his image. The way he belittles that guy on the crew for being overly attached to the idea of immortality is one of the best parts of the movie.

Both

He's basically playing himself

They're great

Don't listen to what anyone says, Rise is good and James Franco is good in it

>garbage-tier Twilight Zone
These words do not belong together.

Calculon is clearly Shatner

It's a terrible movie whose entire plot feels like a shitty episode of the Twilight Zone. Not all the episodes were good, user

Can someone just post the webm of Taylor laughing already? How do we have an Ape thread and that's not the first image?

Fuck, you're right

Still, it's very similar

Escape is the only good original sequel. It's a great one too

Lol I watched the Cinemassacre review too user!!!

I remember watching this for the first time as a kid. The underground part was so cool. Exactly what I wanted from a sequel, then the magic bullshit that came right after was so bad.

It was on IFC last night, actually.

EscAPE is as good as the first movie though for totally different reasons.
Beneath could have been really good but it ended up being lame. The Mutants worshipping a nuclear weapon is a really interesting idea. Seems some what cliched though I think the cliche is based off this movie (not really sure who first came up with this trope)

You do realize that the first movie was written by Rod Serling, creator of The Twilight Zone?

Anyways, I appreciate Beneath because it's a rare sequel that ISN'T a complete rehash of the original. Studios don't take risks like that anymore.

You can tell, but he's not credited because a lot of it was changed for the movie.

I know what you mean about it being crazy, but it really shouldn't have existed in the first place.