Why the fuck is everyone so scared of winter?

Why the fuck is everyone so scared of winter?

Winter in the GoT universe can last years.

Because ice age + invasion of ice litches?

Cause it gets super cold.

hard nips

>climate change is real and this ASSHOLE KING won't say it!
wow they went full SJW last season

I can't tell if you're being ironic or not. Most of the stuff they did in season 6 was set up well beforehand in earlier seasons.

Because Cleganebowl is confirmed. get the Hype

>"the weak MEN will never rule dorn again!"
>danny kills room full of jacked khals
>no more rape because sansa
and on and on and on

can't grow food in the winter dumb ass

if you weren't a massive showfag you'd know a winter in GoT universe is more like a short ice age, lasting years and causing famine, freezing and darkness

it can be long but it doesnt say its an ice age. snow doesnt even reach Dorne

because it's coomin XD

I can't seem to get hyped. Perhaps you have some sort of visual aid or moving pictogram to help me out?

You're north of the wall when this guy comes along and slaps your gf's ass

What do you do?

It's not the shows fault that you're choosing to insert these narratives where there is none. Context matters for each of these scenes/statements.

>"the weak MEN will never rule dorn again!"

Why is this statement such a surprise to you?
Doran could've had her killed anytime he wanted to in this scene, he just chose to remain calm.

>danny kills room full of jacked khals

Why even mention this one? It's not like she fought them all in hand to hand combat and beat their ass. She literally burned them alive. She noticed the fire stands earlier and knew the fire wouldn't hurt her.

It's not like Sansa is a nobody or something. She's a Stark whos family has long had a ruling presence in the north.

Survival is suddenly more difficult due to scarcity. Creatures come down from the north to terrorize the people. This makes everyone more selfish and out for themselves or their immediate circle/family. So lots of people die. This is why people born in summer are considered naive and weak. They have no clue how horrific the world can be.

Their seasons are stated to take almost a decade. Waging war during your growing season is fucking retarded here

actually Sophie Turner was involved in the decision process on whether or not Sansa gets raped, she fully supported it.

Furthermore she was disgusted by all the negative reaction the scene got, saying shit like this happened in the past and still happens today and trying to deny that it doesn't is idiotic and insulting

fuck it, if I actually knew who this fucker was and what he's all about I'd light myself on fire and bum rush him, it'd be better off then whatever hell it is to serve him for eternity

Pledge my allegiance.

>women are stronger than men
>girls please fuck me
pathetic

GoT technically makes no sense.

>Winter's supposed to last 10+ years where everything freezes solid, nothing can grow and being outside unprotected will kill you outright and being protected MIGHT still kill you.
>Farms are tiny, nobody seems to give a fuck that you'd need a decade's worth of crops just to not starve
>That kind of world climate would theoretically have a huge chunk of its principles based around farming/foraging and hoarding as many resources as possible with food and warmth being more valuable than gold
>Nobody seems to care, giant armies everywhere, war is rampant

How the fuck the Seven Kingdoms even lasted this long is a mystery

>GoT technically makes no sense.
Well,
yeah?

they've confirmed no more rape scene because of the boycotts that followed

>Winter's supposed to last 10+ years where everything freezes solid, nothing can grow and being outside unprotected will kill you outright and being protected MIGHT still kill you.

I don't think it ever gets THAT bad, because if it did there would only be rich people left. But yea it sucks to be poor in this world.

>Farms are tiny, nobody seems to give a fuck that you'd need a decade's worth of crops just to not starve

we only see the kingdoms with shitty farmland, the Riverlands and the Reach is where the bulk of crops are made and most kingdoms buy what they can't grow on their own from them

>That kind of world climate would theoretically have a huge chunk of its principles based around farming/foraging and hoarding as many resources as possible with food

it does, this is a big fucking deal and the maesters are always bringing up that people need to save up more food else they will all starve to death

>Nobody seems to care, giant armies everywhere, war is rampant

this is the first proper war in like 20 years, and everyone is predicting shit if going to be bad because no one is farming this time around

It have realistic tax policies on the other hand

post links confirming this or shut the fuck up, because spoilers already suggest you to be dead goddam wrong

To be fair, I'm only going off the show. I don't know if the books address this better but in the show it's basically "Well, winter is coming, better make more swords!". Food, resources and warmth is almost never brought up.

it only gets that bad in the north, rest of the country isn't too bad. They mention in the book that during the Winter it can even snow at Kings Landing, it can't be that bad for most of Westeros if it only sometimes snows down there.

Also, it's not 10+ years, they can last that long but most are for 2-4 years. They also have seasons in their Winter like they have Summer snows. It's more likely they would have a high portion of people who would migrate and increased trading from across the narrow sea during Winter.

So we know Gendry's back this season. But what about the brotherhood without banners?
Where have they been?

It means that there will be more of this show.

we saw them last season, they've been hunting down stray Lannisters but are heading up North to the Wall to aid the Night's Watch against the White Walkers because Rhollor wills it

they met up with the hound and he's tagging along with them

"winter" is the last remnant of plot this show has

I would say Alexandria but probably 99% of this board wouldn't get it. So let's stay with Riverlands, if my mind serves me right that's where they met with Sándor.

>rape
it was no more a rape than the targ whore getting mounted in the first season. ffs, the dickless theon cried, sansa didn't even say a word

I think even the show mentions that Winter is normally 2 years long like other seasons except because of how long Summer was this time Winter could be 10 years now.

Granted the show does not actually say how people plan not to starve

It's like earth and summer is coming... all we do is wage wars and pollute. And when the time comes we all buuuuuuuuuuuuurn

Is cold nigga and you can`t go out to play.

I'm so fucking hype with next season. Can't wait to see the War of the Five Queens
HOYYYYYYYPPPPPPPPPP

End of the fiscal year. Tax season coming up soon.

>aspects of a fantasy series are unrealistic in comparison to real world scenarios

whoaaa.........

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS

KWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Cause winter fucking sucks man, do they not have it where you live?

Rape all of them to show domimance