A few years ago

>a few years ago
>The Wire threads are almost as constant as Sopranos threads
>now
>Sup Forums takes over and there are never Wire threads
Really makes you think.

I hate Sup Forums cross contamination as much as the next user but you're stupid to blame it on them when at least 50% of the threads you'll find on this board at any time are about capeshit, Star wars, got, or Dr. Who.

The wire aired like seventy years ago. It's time to let it go and post the latest... uh, Mar- or Won, umm, maybe GoT but it's also not currently airing, so maybe uhhhhh idk, i hear orange is the new black is talked about a lot.

Capeshit and GoT happened which brought over a tremendous amount of normies

>got and dr. Who stick to one thread! One only thread

What the fuck is your problem with that!?

People dont realize it is in fact a tumblr problem we have here

You do have a point, The Wire was a beloved show here with memes and camaraderie just like the Sopranos, and now such a thread would be impossible without a flood of cancerous edgy/do-i-fit-in-now posts.

I had a long discussion about The Wire on Sup Forums just yesterday

>Prezbo
>first season, pistol whips and partials blinds a niglet
>end of third season, shoots and kills undercover nigger cop
>still let him become a teacher

Don't get me wrong, Oz had way more bullshit, but The Wire had some shit.

I do have mad respect for David Simon though, apparently he caught a lot of shit from (((people))) in the Tribe about Maurice Levy being a stereotype. His response was something along the lines of the worst of each race is featured on the show, how could he not show the worst of his own race too?

you mean the sheltered sperglords who unironically believe that Jews are responsible for them being grounded and not getting any pussy don't have the attention span to sit through a slow burn show like The Wire? well color me surprised

>he thinks nepotism isn't a very real thing

stopped watching after s1 i think, although i watched the first ep of 2 where mcnulty was on a boat or some shit

thats how you decide to remember things, cute

Who is the worst character on The Wire? McNulty for being a dumb fake serial killing cuck, or Omar for having unlimited plot armor?

Who had the best character arc, Bubbles, Cutty or Naymond?

>as time goes on, a show that doesn't air anymore is talked about less

You're right, OP, really does make one think.

I'm actually rewatching it in hi def, I miss the comfy boxed version

>all that empty space because they shot it in 4:3
Why the fuck would they release a 16:9 version

reddi+ was a mistake

Omar was best character

you can see the actor who plays White Mike in S2 in the 16:9 version of the pilot and it bothers the fuck out of me for some reason

Yeah, and it sucked. People bitching about how Stringer and Avon were unrealistically smart since they were black and should each have a 70 IQ. It was probably one if the worst threads I've ever been in.

Bunny was one of my favorite characters. A man really trying in his heart to make a difference.

Worst character is either Ziggy or Sergei. At least Ziggy's arc had a good end and his actor redeemed himself in Generation Kill, but Sergei was just boring compared to any of the other "muscle" characters. Really, all of Season 2 sucked.

Pleb af

2 is tied with 4 for the best the show has to offer

That actor was a behind the scenes guy. I think he did makeup or sound or something. They just threw him in as White Mike.

You're just saying that because there were white people in it.

Kima was the worst character obviously

That's not prezbo

Nope, I'm saying that because I'm not a pleb. The entire show is great but the objective ranking is 4=2 > 1 > 3 > 5.

The actor sucked just as hard in "generation nothing happens"

He (technically) had a good ending at least with getting that one kid out

Man, she fell pretty hard. I liked her in S1, and I was concerned when she got shot. If that had happened by S3, I really wouldn't have cared.

Might have to agree- just because she never had much of an arc for her own, at least not a meaningful one.

What makes 2 good? Because between the boring port drama, the cops not getting back together until episode 8, the complete opaqueness of the Greeks and how they operate, Ziggy's antics, and having to look at Horseface's ugly mug, I don't really see much that redeems it.

>plot armor
>Omar
You didn't finish the show did you

Pls, you have to go back. This site isn't for you.

Yeah I don't see the show that way at all. Frank Sobotka is one of the most tragic figures in the entire series and the fall of the Sobotka family is situated as a Greek tragedy that has a very deep impact on me. I think it's integrated perfectly into the series as it shows the scope of the drug trade and the huge impact that crime and poverty have on a disparate population.

I'm watching the 1st season of The Wire and I just got done watching the episode where DeAngelo teaches the younger kids chess. I was blown away! I had to watch it a couple times to really pick up on it, but did you guys realize that when he was teaching them about the chess pieces, he was really referring to THEM being the pawns! What an incredible metaphor!

It was so deep and meaningful, I am amazed by the symbolism of this.

Do the later seasons continue on with such masterful symbolism? This was truly the pinnacle of storytelling that I have ever seen on a television show, and I think I can confidently say The Wire is the best show ever made without even having seen the entire series.

Also the acting is amazing. Idris Elba and Dominic West do a great job with their Baltimore accents.

The only thing it had to do with the drug trade is that the gangs get it from some mysterious foreign criminal mastermind straight out of Breaking Bad rather than Roberto in New York. It wasn't very important.

The Sobodkas were good, but not enough to carry the season.

This.

I think most of these cucks like 2 because they can't relate to niggers.

I grew up around coloreds at the same time Wire aired so it has a special place in my heart

Greek user here, S2 was the worst season of the show.

Its still good compared to everything else, but it had the worst actual story. Yes, even worse than 5.

>all the actual "greeks" were just mexicans or ukranians and no one could even say malaka properly

Have you ever considered.
That maybe.
At some point in the show.
They may have implied.
That they were not actually Greek?

Seriously you guys just sound like plebs. Why are you obsessed with plot and story? What the fuck.

And by implied.
You could mean.
That they in fact outright say.
That they are not actually Greek?

Retard, I'm not talking about The Greek or even his right hand man.

I'm talking about the general Greeks shown, like this guy Ziggy killed.

>this fictional television show is not the same as the reality I am familiar with thus it is bad

plotfags and people like you are the most disgusting people. please go and discuss the plot holes in superhero movies.

Wasn't he a Greek Cypriot?

lol no

Still not really a valid criticism. Most of the cast weren't actually the ethnicity they were cast to portray. I mean the main character is barely able to do the Baltimore accent despite being 'born and raised' there.

He spoke Greek, was expected to have animosity towards Turks, but wasnt actually "Greek." So where was he from?

All Greeks, regardless of mainland or Cypriot, hate Turks. Hell, most of Europe does.

Maybe he was Armenian.

it has nothing to do with Sup Forums it's just old and it's been discussed to death. even when there were regular threads there'd be the regular person saying >niggers being niggers: the show and stuff.

i thought he was an israeli?

I took it that this wasn't supposed to matter much, so much as the fact he was able to shed and adopt a new identity on a whim. For all we know he's some classically-trained actor planted by the CIA.

If he's Armenian why does he speak Greek then? If he's not actually Greek, then I still think he's a Cypriot

No, but he had an Israeli associate

Good point. Maybe it is a "my name is not my name" monent, but it is harder to shed a national identity and accent rather than a name.

he might be from somewhere in the balkans. albania maybe. albanians are kind of like the mexican drug runners from that part of the world, plus its right next to greece....so....

Cypriots still consider themselves Greek, user.

Source: I'm Cypriot. I always figured he was from some eastern country.

Yeah, but he was talking about nationality. He's Greek, but he's not "Greek" if the police try to search for Greek immigrants.

Best character was either Avon, Bodie or Bunk.