Give me one good reason why he isn't the definitive Superman

Give me one good reason why he isn't the definitive Superman.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tvgbuWNSciQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

his terrible acting, his terrible writers, his terrible hairline, and zach synder

It's a shame that the flicks are mediocre in most other regards, because he's certainly the definitive Superman in the looks department. It'll be tough to find someone to surpass him there.

You just don't understand. baka

>It'll be tough to find someone to surpass him there.

its a pretty generic look デス

I'm pretty sure that's the point. And he's definitely your average good, all'murican looking man

every time he "saves" someone he looks like he's passing a kidney stone

>generic look
Weird. I don't see it much.

me neither. If it was generic we would all be drowning in period crustaceans.

thats the 2deep4u superman i keep hearing about

I don't disagree, he is the definitive Superman but he's been plagued by bad writing.

How is he definitive if he was never written good?

Does this really need to be posted?

This new guy doesn't even stand for the American way, and I'm Canadian and this bothers me.

You millennials need to check yourselves.

Because he's moody, uncharismatic and he doesn't save anyone.
At least Christopher reeves was a real American.
Fucking British superman? Gay

Henry Cavill is just an actor, he doesn't control what the script is.

Superman wouldn't succumb to male pattern baldness

When you think about it, these characters are just functions. Superman in the DCEU is just performing a different function than you're used too.

>moody
He's still in the beginning stages of his superhero career, he has to come to terms with having to take on so much responsibility.
>uncharismatic
Related to the point above, he is not confident yet in his abilities.
>doesn't save anyone
He literally snapped the neck of a fellow Kryptonian to save a group of humans that were about to be incinerated.

Because the definitive Superman isn't edgy as fuck and before you say that wanting the "The Man of Tomorrow, Retro version" is cheesy, may I remind you that we have someone like that in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and did so well? The Cap is what I wanted to see in Superman and they failed that so hard.

I'm sorry, but Captain America is fucking lame. He was never cool.

the only good thing Cap has done in literally the whole MCU is "There's only one God, ma'am, and he doesn't dress like that!"

He's still in the beginning stages of his superhero career, he has to come to terms with having to take on so much responsibility.
>Related to the point above, he is not confident yet in his abilities.
I could've of let this idea slide before BvS but no, not anymore.

To each their own, what I'm trying to say is that he should be the bright one in a brooding, dark world. I feel that Cap is just like that even in Winter Soldier. Like, how can a TV budget Superman do so much better?

youtube.com/watch?v=tvgbuWNSciQ

>was never written good
Are you being ironic on purpose?

MoS and BvS only had an 18 month gap. You expect him to get the hang of everything in a year and a half?

Yeah. I also don't expect him to be the most boring character in a movie full of Lois Lane.

You only like that guy cause he's got a GREAT ASS

>wahh wahh what am i gonna DOOOOO

you're right, im used to decent writers guiding a character's functions in a story

I disagree

This.

I mean, I'm not denying that he has a great ass, but come on now. He has the Superman smile and personality. The kind that you know everything is going to be fucking okay.

what?

Isnt it weird how chris pine made us more emotional than fucking superman ?

He wasn't written "well".

the real american way is unjust, ignorant and cruel, which isnt really what superman is supposed to be

he was until civil war

thats a really cool page

>He has the Superman smile and personality. The kind that you know everything is going to be fucking okay
Quit being naive.

I have none. He's fucking perfect.

Did you know that the "American Way" thing only crept in during the McCarthy Era? It's absent from the first two decades of his existence. You can't even find a hint of it in the old Fleischer cartoons.

Realtalk his physique is 10/10. Not gonna see another Superman that's gonna look like that.

Zod's snapped neck
no, not really

2 decades vs 6

No charisma, no good spealing voice, terrible american accent, handsome face but not patriarchal more like boyband handsome, huge chest short arms tiny hands

Wrong choice for superman

He's boring, there's your reason

So far, no, no, yes/no, yes/no/no

No

>Watching with my mom
>Who's that, he looks gay