Stephen King's The Stand

anyone read the novel?

>"We'll be back for you, if we can. You know it."
>"Yeah, okay."
>Larry went up the bank quickly and joined the other two.
>They stood and waved down.
>Stu raised his hand in return.
>They left.
And none of them ever saw Stu Redman again.

;_;

Read like 4 or 5 King novels, dude writes for plebs.

oh yeah well I read all of his books so there

Never read anything he wrote but I like his adaptations most of the time except The Shining without Jack Nicholson. The Stand is a personal favorite and it's just fucking soothing to watch in the background while doing other shit.

>tfw wouldn't mind a remake if Mcgoogles is good in Dark Tower as Randall Flagg since I really appreciated him in Killer Joe and True Detective

Baby can you dig your man?

I re-read it about a year ago. Hadn't read it since my mid teens (I'm 31)

I really enjoyed it, but the latter third of the book felt rushed. I actually think King could have made it a lot longer. Right in the last section of the book we start really getting introduced to Las Vegas and all the people there... but then they're all dead.

Prior that there are visions of Flagg's army rolling across the continental US, putting it to the flame, and obliterating the Boulder Free Zone. I think King should have had this happen. Have Larry and Glen make their Stand and die if need be, but don't end the story there. No intervention by God.

Have Flagg attack with his army and drive Stu and the others out of Boulder. Flagg's followers become the chief POV characters. Then at the height of his power they turn on him.

I got the feeling the story was setting up that ultimately Flagg's people would turn on him, but they all died before they got the chance. I think ultimately that would have been a more optimistic ending than we got, even though the ending was fairly optimistic.

I think if they could tone down the more overt religiosity of the story, The Stand *could* be turned into an ongoing series, as long it's not on network TV again.

The whole plague and introduction of characters could fill a 10 episode first season.

I completely agree. Plebs think the book was too long. The truth is that it was much too short. The setup had material for a good two or three thousand pages in it.

Yeah, I wonder if King lost his nerve on the '4th' book. It seemed to be setting up a lot... but then it's over. I guess he thought readers would think the book was already too long.

If I ever did a remake of the Stand, for TV or something, I'd definitely extend the ending in the way I described. I'd add one twist though: instead of the commander of Project Blue shooting himself, he should be captured by Flagg. When Flagg stages the execution of Glen and Larry he wins over the crowd by bringing out the head of Project Blue, father of the Super Flu, and executes him too as supposed retribution for the apocalypse he unleashed on mankind.

how do you bros remember so much from books you've read I read The Stand about 10 years ago but all i can remember is garbage man and randall flagg

>tv series

I rather see it get made into a multi-part R rated movie, but HBO or someone could make a great series out of it. I wouldn't want AMC getting their shitty hands on the rights.

Who the fuck still reads books when we have the fucking internet now

some characters just stick to you user

plus I read the book a few times, same with IT

good taste user, IT is #1

Who the fuck let's retards have access to computers?

>smell of a well preserved book

I'm really getting some mileage out of this image

what do you mean by that?

The Stand is an incredible book. Sadly King has gone to complete shit since then.

Revival was good.
I also just started reading his son Joe Hill's books, they're pretty good too.

I stopped trying, since he got hit by the van the only thing I have liked was Under The Dome. Didn't like any of the Dark Tower shit after the Blaine part of Wizard And Glass. Now I am up to my neck in other stuff but idk, it'd take a big temptation to pick him back up anytime soon.

you can avoid From a Buick 8 and Lisey's Story, they're shit

11/22/63, Cell, Colorado Kid, Just After Sunset, Full Dark No Stars, Duma Key, and Joyland are all decent

the recent detective trilogy Mr. Mercedes, Finders Keepers, and End of Watch are just okay

forgot Doctor Sleep was also a good sequel to the Shining

cell was garbage

His short stories are where it's at. Watch Creepshow.

>The Jaunt

post yfw that ending to The Jaunt

Then you read the regulators and the dark tower series and go "oh damn I was wrong."

How can you not remember 'Coffe, tea...or me?' ?