Avenger's Infinity War Budget Is $1 Billion

independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/avengers-infinite-war-budget-billion-most-expensive-a7609566.html

Will it make a profit?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ HAHAHAHAHAHA/image/bcERIu1-m78d6ycbfxDp5g/
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ brrruuuuuh/image/bcERIu1-m78d6ycbfxDp5g/
slashfilm.com/avengers-infinity-war-budget/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Cite the two Marvel movie first
>OH yeah that's right we have wonderwoman actually
> Next is a marvel movie
>Yeah and maybe justice league i'm not quite sure
People really deny the media has a bias against DC ?

Forbes seems to like DC more

$1B production cost? Because if you're including advertising costs then fuck off, it never works that way.
The Hobbit trilogy was supposed to have a huge budget, did they ever say how much? I heard estimates between $500m and $1B

And 3/4th of it is actors' payments.

>1 billion
well, all those actors want to get paid

This movie is going to be such a shitshow. There's going to be way too many characters and everything is going to be a clusterfuck

Warner has more media power than disney.

There is literally no way it can make a profit then

Despite making the list of highest grossing films, it will still lose at least $100k and won't be able to surpass the first avengers

Yeah it's literally impossible to spend that much on production alone unless the movie is fucking 10 hours

Maybe they'll actually spend some money on the fucking CGI then

I'm surprised the studio didn't find a way to jew the actors and now they're the ones getting jewed.

The MCU is eating itself.

400 million for RDJ

Tell that to RDJ's paycheck

Who is all supposed to be in it? I was just looking through who could possibly be in it, and it's fucking bloated. All those Avengers, Guardians of the Galaxy, and then Doctor Strange and Spider-Man. Are they throwing The Defenders in it too?

That's utterly impossible. It would need to make 2 billion to break even, not counting marketing. It's going to make over a billion easily, but Disney aren't insane. Even Pirates 4 and 5 come nowhere near a billion in cost.

Then again, John Carter.

old news
it will flop hard

I'm sure the extra money will go to decent CGI

>Are they throwing The Defenders in it too?
Yes.
No matter what they do, they're losing money with this one.

>Will it make a profit?

No Hollywood movie makes a profit. They have to pay people and taxes if they make money. It's called "creative accounting".

All that budget and it will still be 1.5h of talking and walking and 20mins of anything at all happening

>costs 1 billion
>2 billion to break even
is this what autism looks like

Decent CGI finally

It's two movies though, with part 2 coming a year after part 1. 500 million each, doesn't sound too far off the mark, considering Avengers 1 cost 220 million

It's 1 billion across the next 2 Avengers films, not just Infinity War.

They're legit throwing The Defenders in this as well? Fucking Christ lol, they might as well with how many super heroes they'll have running around. I don't even want to start listing them because it's just too many.

don't be stupid, they're not doing this out of charity or something. They're doing it because it's going to make lots and lots of jew money. If they announce 1 billion it's just because it benefits them one way or the other, if they actually had to spend that much out of their pocket they could just, you know, not do it.

Kek

That's just RDJs paycheck

How much of that $1 Billion is going towards RDJ paycheck?

>cost 1 billion
>still looks like a TV show

imagine peter jackson having this much money in 1999

>mfw I had to google who was peter jackson because I'm so used to see him called hackson

Everyone agrees that Avengers is dogshit yet you fucking losers keep watching every new installment just like Transformers

200m probably for both movies + box office bonus

His height in stacks of 100s

holy shit

There really bringing on the Netflix actors?

with or without the moon boots?

>they need to make 1.5 billions EACH to break even
>the fuckin russos
Goodbye MCU, you won't be missed

A single $100 bill measures .0043 inches in thickness. With RDJ's height, that comes out to 1.5 million dollars.

LOLWUT!? This can't be true

i'll watch the avengers movie but i'll never pay for it

take that kikes

Depends on the CGI, shit like Evan Almighty cost 200 million because of the huge CGI scene at the end

I've been hoping this will be the movie that ends capeshit for a long time now and I think with a budget like that it may actually happen. Even if it does make it's money I can't imagine what movies they are even going to make after this one since it's the big event they've been building up to since they started this MCU shit.

I got a bad feeling about this.

>Friday 3 March 2017
>03/03/17
Or in American
>03/03/17
Wonderwoman was still far, although you can argue at how it came before Spiderman.

rdj was smart enough to pounce while the ironman was hot, renegotiated for himself and his costars by grabbing them by the balls. He isn't the highest paid actor just cause, he hustled the mouse for it

It cost that much because it was in development hell and execs wanted to get paid at production rates for all the non-work they did.

Same reason why superman returns budget is listed so high.

Some people just like to watch money burning

With the moonboots of course, he never leaves the house without them

Serious question, why did they have to CGI fucking Spiderman? It's just a suit.

Why is Spuderman floating?

and to think there will be another Avengers movie after this and we will get another 10 years of capeshit

Lets see if anybody making this movie has a brain. We dont want to see a gay ass scene with robots getting shredded over and over, and we dont want a finale that is just the villain and main character punching each other over and over.

Hollywood is full of faggots ass losers who just want to live and party in a mansion by convincing people to pay money to see dogshit.

>implying Disney doesn't give it to them in the back end

I am looking forward to enjoying this film and I will enjoy it even more knowing how mad it makes you all that people enjoy it.

>we dont want a finale that is just the villain and main character punching each other over and over.
Sometimes there is a giant blue light in the sky and someone has to blow it up real good.

When you add in marketing and the fact that distrubution companies and cinemas also take a cut, production companies only get about half the box office take. The film needs to take double the budget just to break even.

This is why you keep seeing people say "oh no, this film only made half a billion that's a total bomb."

You can bet that the marketing for this will be insane. I can't even imagine.

ENDLESS TRASH

>reposts of screencaps from youtube
>marvel touches up CGI for theatrical release

but keep posting that shit. it'll make you feel better when JL is yet another garbage movie like BvS

In the 1980s, that was how much money you needed to spin up an entirely new assembly line for a new car.

I can't wait for Spiderman glue, Thor phone chargers, Captain America intercontinental ballistic missiles and Hulk brand cock rings!

Its funny that mcukcs usually multiply by 3 the money a dc movie needs to be succesful.

This shit will likely need 2.5b to start making profit

>Serious question, why did they have to CGI fucking Spiderman? It's just a suit.

These movies are made in the editing room. Director shoots for coverage.

Having fully CG characters make it easier for the producers to make changes later. Gives them more options without having to go back for reshoots. Gives directors less control.

>archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ HAHAHAHAHAHA/image/bcERIu1-m78d6ycbfxDp5g/
HE CHANGED IT AFTER GETTING CALLED OUT
OH MY GOD HAHAHAHA
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/filename/ brrruuuuuh/image/bcERIu1-m78d6ycbfxDp5g/

RDJ is eating Marlel alive.

So this is how Marlel dies. There's no way they could recover from this.

>implying Disney doesn't give it to them in the back end
No they give it to the viewing public in the back end.

Fuck capeshit. Will it ever end?!

>Warner has more media power than disney.

In opposite land.

CW cgi was hot garbage tho. Only GoTG1 improved upon release.

Even the doomsday doll feels like lightyears ahead of marvel cgi

>last good comic book movie was dark knight

comic book movies just need to die already.

>Its funny that mcukcs usually multiply by 3 the money a dc movie needs to be succesful.

And that's completely bullshit. At most its something closer to 2x the budget.

But reported budgets are often inflated. Ignore advertising deals. tax breaks. Secondary markets.

Movies start breaking even around 1.5x the budget. 3x is a strong performer.

>fucking cave troll from a video game looks better

really now

>Even the doomsday doll feels like lightyears ahead of marvel cgi
Whoa, easy now

BvS is like a ps4. CW is like a ps3.

>But reported budgets are often inflated
They also tend to ignore stuff like marketing.

Really, film studios report whatever they want to report. They claim their budgets are high enough to sound impressive, but not so high as to sound offputting.

oh yeah, forgot, dredd and watchmen were good too.

You're an underab&, that's why.

50% of budget went to RDJ salary

Buddy, for someone like you they're getting the Ant-Man cock rings

HIGHER THAN ANYONE

Seek help you retarded faggot.

its already at a profit even without coming out yet

So they have absolutely no idea how to handle a budget and all of their actors are way to expensive now.

Why do MCU movies cost this much?

Production value is usually absolute garbage. CGI looks like a 2005 sci-fi channel special.

Absolutely no real music/soundtracks so can't be that

Do they just want to pay the A-listers?

Marvel's Loki™ and the Frost Giants™ brand burn cream.

Disney is fucking retarded. They got too confident.

>dark knight
>Nolan film
>good

>article from March
>from the fucking Independent
If you're gonna use an article, at least use one from a site that specializes in movies.
slashfilm.com/avengers-infinity-war-budget/
>At a recent African American Film Critics Association luncheon (via Atlanta Business Chronicle), Pinewood Studios co-owner Dan Cathy mentioned that a movie is filming at Pinewood Atlanta Studios that has a $1 billion production budget. Cathy wouldn’t name the movie, but, but given that Disney has rented out most of the facility for the next year for Avengers: Infinity War and the yet-to-be-titled sequel (Avengers 4). I can’t imagine he was talking about any other production shooting in Atlanta or anywhere else in the world. I also assume that the budget he is quoting is for both films, which are shooting together over the next 9 or 10 months.
at least the guys at Slashfilm are just guessing instead of making dipshit blanket statements